Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2015, 7:55 pm

:cry: Why was I sent to this HORRIBLE (often) LIFE ??? :cry: - Of never receiving a little help , which I could build on , and try to seek help/do things myself - no home , no posessions exce3pt what I carry on my breaking body8 , just the clothes I'm wearing ~ The fact that I'm able to get some computer access in old hippie/surfer dude/student Santa Cruz may deceive , this is a help while I'm going down now and this day of posting as a seemingly likely " bonus " one that may be happening before I get tromped down on by the library here HARD :( I don't even have the supposed " Aspie technological whiz-ness " - People who have told me to leave town do not then suggest to me WHERE :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2015, 9:21 pm

I can understand it if you want to stay.

What prospects do you have in Santa Cruz?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 12:37 pm

...Okay , since there's a reply to this I'll do a " latest adventures of me " here ! :) (There ~ my being " happier " for a second make me sound better ?)
Well , for the absolutely latest thing , per to-day's Santa Cruz Sentinel (I don't really need a link , do I ? Look , Kraftie , maybe Blabby , you're likely the only people who care AND have been following all this ~ Well , maybe some others , Cockney , say but I guess I needn't use my limited time and technological skills doing a link) , the center/shelter part of what I've been calling HPHP didn't get a major expenditure this year and will be massively cutting down services , including that " nice " shelter - and , directly for me , their mail drop and the meals (two - I would go to the 2nd , supper , a lot) .
The mailroom will be going a bit longer , it's not closing down this second (Presumably the meals also .) , but that's A REAL affecter .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 12:49 pm

...Whether there's more to the cut-down - " people here pressuring HUD (If it was them) to get more HL from SC " , I dunno...Still , my " the simplest explanation is the best " tendency points to that - Oh , and the SC Sentinel gets ENDLESS nasty to the homeless posters - Oh , and one poster about this said , I presume from experience , something indicating the " ni0ce " shelter might not've been so nice...And the the decent , usual-ish , point made by him that it seems the usual salary-getters/breaucrats were the recipies of much of the cut-this-year money...

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 12:50 pm

...Whether there's more to the cut-down - " people here pressuring HUD (If it was them) to get more HL from SC " , I dunno...Still , my " the simplest explanation is the best " tendency points to that - Oh , and the SC Sentinel gets ENDLESS nasty to the homeless posters - Oh , and one poster about this said , I presume from experience , something indicating the " ni0ce " shelter might not've been so nice...And the the decent , usual-ish , point made by him that it seems the usual salary-getters/breaucrats were the recipies of much of the cut-this-year money...

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 1:05 pm

...Do you mean your last sentence in more a " Let's analyze it " sense or a " Questioning what prospects I have " sense ?
Oh , and one , um , wild card angle is that person who claimed ~ He has a business called Alix , or similar ~ that he could get me into UCSC .
That itself would be in fall 2016 - I would not want to hang around here until then , even if it happened , just for that , and , in fact (he is in another phone zone , maybe Somona County , Santa Rosa) I could , if I went away from here maybe want to be in closer proximity to him in that area to help it along - It's the " going-to-uni " in general , not just that it would be UCSC , and , in fact , I have thought that if even UCSC was non-doable (Or any Cali college , in fact , and have I told you the specific reason I have for thinking that ???) just , if it could get my records thereof/needed things un-blocked up (HOPE) :cry: ...

kraftiekortie wrote:
I can understand it if you want to stay.

What prospects do you have in Santa Cruz?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 1:11 pm

The "let's analyze" sense.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 1:44 pm

...Okay . And I meant the Cali STATE SYSTEM , any either University of California (top brand name) or California State University (number two/" be a working-class hero " system) , state ones in the Droug-Uh , Golden State ones are what I meant as places that an issue could keep me from going to but I hope Alix could clear my
I have pointed out a lot that a lot of the " conventional " means of seeking help are not do-able for me , because I've already tried/there's too much of a problem , maybe , and/or other reasons .
Sometimes I'm rather addressing an assumed censor/" inner adult " .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 2:20 pm

...KK (also remembering my point about " to pull up stakes to anywhere else you DO need money " - And , the inner censor/adult repeating the " wherever you go , there you are " adage as if it's very meaningful) , my main concern is trying to get help for my leg .
Now , if I went to a nearby-ish town/area other than the ones I've been through already (such as Watsonville and Salinas) would they be helpful to me ?
Is there still any chance with the 180 here ?
Someone at the HPHP here had been saying " I'm going to concentrate on getting you housing "/similar - However , if t7hey're even cutting letting go many o-f their employees.........

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 3:40 pm

...Now , here's something that manifested itself this morning , before the HPHP thing appeared in view .
Last night , I went to sleep in the under-a-enclave of a downtown jewelry store .
Well , this morning I woke up very much needing to defecate - downtown is where it was , and I had to go THEN .
I hurriedly did ~ and was seen by a cleaning-up tractor-driver , finally offiially caught doing this .
I do 1 and 2 a lot . Furthermore its often sort of diarheehic .
I have not been caught much ~ Well , this day an authority figure did .
He called a cop , who came , gave me a ticket/summons for court , seemed relatively understanding...But , my luck is running out , I guess .
The comments here about AS folk's apparent tendency towards G-I problems had been seen by me here , and I had meant to bring it up . I had thought my tendency towards much to much burgers/pizza/soda/grease/carbonation-coldness had contributed , too , proably still true?? - But , the AS-ness.........

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 5:52 pm

I know how you feel, buddy...trust me!

When I feel like defecating, I have to go. I have no choice in the matter.

I'm fortunate that I dress okay, so I could just blend in with the crowd and go into a Starbucks bathroom.

I've read case studies from the 1940s and 1950s where the frequency of GI problems among autistic people (automatically SEVERE in those days) was high.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 7:59 pm

...I'll add that I found that the HPHP here might not be 100% closing down the maildrop , only going to twice weekly ~ However , that may not be the case , either .
IIRC , the Sentinel story did directly quote someone saying that the meals would be stopped entirely - Do you want to read the story ? Or anyone ?
Is a link really needed ?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 8:12 pm

I'll take a look at the article. I assume it's the Santa Cruz Sentinel?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 8:19 pm

...Yes . I didn't spell that out ???
Look , as far as " ( ' practical ') t7hings to do " , doesn't this " go to wherever Alix , the UCSC guyis in the 707 area code , and be ' good ' shelter-homeless , to be in proximty to him/encourage him along so-und ' that's a good lil' 55-yr oldhomeless boy ' "-ish ?
Sufficiently ???

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 8:27 pm

...I'm trying to do about a half a dozen things on a rather balky machine with little time left , but did what I said about " the 707 area code " come across accurately ???
If I didn't say this before , the other evening one conflict lead to a cop saying " get out of (the main street ar6ea here , Pacific Avenue) here , you're banned " ~ or like that ~ tapparently trying to do another banning of me such as happened in 2013 only just " at-that-moment " by a cop rather than via a judge and court .
I haven't heard any return to it from any cop here in SC since bu9t I also haven't heard any " It's not so " from anyone and the cops with him then did not disagree with him .

gaz34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 May 2015, 10:03 pm

Have you been on couchsurfing.com? I've had a look and there's five people in Santa Cruz accepting guests right now. Not sure how they would feel about a homeless person staying at their house but they might let you stay in their garage or camp out in their garden.