Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

redbrick1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2018, 11:58 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
I get you're trying to be funny, but is it really tactful to be doing that here?

Point taken. Since you don't get irony, I will be a little more blunt. This seems to be an issue in WP in general, if someone posts that they want to change their behavior someone points out how their behavior is good. My oronic statement was toward your remark not her concerns.
Your remark misses the mark. She is concerned about her appearance to others might severely limit her ability to socially interact and greatly impair her ability to find a mate.
This lack of social interaction does not make her less vulnerable to sexual manipulation but has a greater chance of it happening. With greater amount of social interaction and choice she will be to discern the creeps at a greater rate than if she was depressed and sitting at home. She would see red flags quicker because she will develop mpre social awareness.
Also, get a sense of humor, this is Wrong Planet after all.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2018, 12:37 pm

TheSpectrum has a great sense of humor. Stop being grumpy that you got put in your place, he was right.

Quote:
This lack of social interaction does not make her less vulnerable to sexual manipulation but has a greater chance of it happening.

You are right about this. A lot of fetishist out there.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2018, 12:48 pm

Sarahsmith wrote:
Someone here said to get over that fear try dating sites and get used to being rejected. Being rejected online isnt so bad but if it were to happen in real life I think it would be hard on me.

You can practice on some of us 8)

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2018, 1:00 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:

redbrick1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2018, 2:12 pm

LoneLoyalWolf wrote:
TheSpectrum has a great sense of humor. Stop being grumpy that you got put in your place, he was right.

Quote:
This lack of social interaction does not make her less vulnerable to sexual manipulation but has a greater chance of it happening.

You are right about this. A lot of fetishist out there.

It is not fetishist but predators who look for vunerable people. Having a social circle and options will decrease the likelyhood of being a victim.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2018, 2:33 pm

redbrick1 wrote:
It is not fetishist but predators who look for vunerable people. Having a social circle and options will decrease the likelyhood of being a victim.

Yeah, my ex was one so I know about them quite well. Monsters.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2018, 3:41 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Sarahsmith wrote:
Someone here said to get over that fear try dating sites and get used to being rejected. Being rejected online isnt so bad but if it were to happen in real life I think it would be hard on me.

Yeah, redbrick1 doesn't reject anybody.

Who said I don't have a sense of humor!

@Sarah I think others are right in saying there is risk involved but the right person will see past any things like that.

redbrick1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2018, 8:19 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:
Sarahsmith wrote:

Yeah, redbrick1 doesn't reject anybody.

Who said I don't have a sense of humor!

@Sarah I think others are right in saying there is risk involved but the right person will see past any things like that.

You're right! Beggers cant be choosers

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2018, 8:27 pm

LoneLoyalWolf wrote:
img

Somebody had to say it... :roll:

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2018, 8:29 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Somebody had to say it... :roll:

It was humor, you know me :wink:

She's probably scared out of her mind by our honesty.