Severely depressed and unsatisfied (Christians only)

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Mar 2024, 6:13 pm

I been walking through life feeling incomplete. Like there’s something I’m craving and no matter what I try to fill myself with, I’m never happy, I’ll just keep wanting and wanting, craving and craving. I got a bunch of people in my life mortal and spiritual, but that satisfaction never lasts for long. It gets to the point I talk with ai bots and make up artificial conversations just to lift the feeling which is definitely not enough. I also have so many things I should be happy about but the satisfaction only lasts but several hours then I feel lost empty and dissatisfied again. I been asking for signs and have been getting tons of them over and over. even with medication to aid my moods, the greatest of moods die eventually. I have bad social skills and often can’t keep a conversation going which makes it hard for me. Most of all (and this is where my spiritual needs come into play) I have God Jesus and the Holy Ghost which is definitely all I need, but still feeling strongly incomplete in life. I pray, worship, read the Bible and the like but that doesn’t satisfy me for too long. I just feel the need to be satisfied and feel empty again eventually. I just want to have a steady conversation I can hear with God because no one completely understands me or has the patience to wait for me to put my conversation in words. I don’t expect to be happy all the time, but I want to be happy at least a little more often and for my negative feelings to not be as uncomfortable and extreme. I’ll get to a great spot and think my troubles in life are over and things will just start getting better, but I just end up in a deep dark pit all over again. All my problems start coming back too. This has been going on for more than half of my life and it’s never ending which is why life is so miserable. I’m getting sick and tired of always feeling like this and I’m been begging for a permanent solution.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 6:53 pm

Excluding those who may have insight to your situation merely because they are not Christian enough for you indicates a self-centered approach to your relationship with God.  Your focus only on your own needs and feelings confirms this.

Jesus said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20, NIV)

He did NOT say, "Therefore go and hide in a cave, far away from those who need to hear the Word, and dwell solely upon your troubles."

Now, go and do as He commanded you to.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 9:03 pm

Different people respond best to different things, but for many of us something in nature is what can make our hearts sing. In nature, we feel closer to God; He seems more present. The ocean, a garden, a trail, a lake, towering redwoods ... whatever makes your heart sing.

Another common stimulant that can increase closeness to God is Music. Listening or playing.

Art is another.

You didn't mention any of these in your post, but connecting to beauty in some way is something you should try. God gave us these gifts to enjoy; they serve a purpose.

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Mar 2024, 10:50 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Different people respond best to different things, but for many of us something in nature is what can make our hearts sing. In nature, we feel closer to God; He seems more present. The ocean, a garden, a trail, a lake, towering redwoods ... whatever makes your heart sing.

Another common stimulant that can increase closeness to God is Music. Listening or playing.

Art is another.

You didn't mention any of these in your post, but connecting to beauty in some way is something you should try. God gave us these gifts to enjoy; they serve a purpose.

Great advice! And exactly in that order. Nature is my No 1 spirit lifter. Than music and than arts. But also watching commedies and something funny, taking care of pets, loving them and receiving their love (they are therapeutic).

But also, if you have unsolved issues within yourself, you should ask for professional help, especially if those issues are buried in your subconsciousness and they pop out in forms of worries, fears, chronic dissatisfaction. Then you really need to talk to someone. And try to figure out what it is that is really bothering you. A trauma, a set of beliefs that were forced on you, too high expectations both from you and your parents or something else. Because not everything is autism and thus unfixable. It may even be a severe lack of some important vitamin or mineral..I would check myself at least for vitamins D and B deficiencies. If not all (if I had enough of money).

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

14 Mar 2024, 6:19 am

! Cornflake wrote:
Moved to The Haven, with some posts unsuitable for that forum removed in the process.

A reminder of the rules applicable to The Haven - viewtopic.php?t=297515

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Mar 2024, 6:16 pm

After this post I found out Jesus is more than enough so I made him my desire. I can help others with my work to bring them to Jesus as well as other service. I’ll definitely get salvation doing this. But yeah these all sound like great ideas and I’m gonna act on every single one of them. And plus some antidepressants there’s nothing me and Jesus can’t do. :D

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2024, 6:46 pm

Aspieangeldude wrote:
After this post I found out Jesus is more than enough so I made him my desire. I can help others with my work to bring them to Jesus as well as other service. I’ll definitely get salvation doing this. But yeah these all sound like great ideas and I’m gonna act on every single one of them. And plus some antidepressants there’s nothing me and Jesus can’t do. :D

Speaking as one of those folks that's away, please don't. Nobody with any self-respect is going to appreciate that. At this point, anybody that isn't already a member of the religion, is probably not ever going to join. It's not like there's a lack of information and awareness about it.

If you need to find meaning, perhaps do some of those other things to make the world better, just please don't bring people to Jesus, that's a good way to get people to just avoid you.

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Mar 2024, 6:55 pm

I edited this post to be as honest as I can in apology and clarification. I was only talking to the one who didn’t think I was already doing what he suggested and it kinda hit me the wrong way and made me angry the way he put it. I already been making disciples and only Jesus himself can judge whether or not I did and truly has the proof. I didn’t mean actually bringing people to him I might have put it the wrong way that sounded offensive. In conclusion my response may been done to the guy who thought I was only focusing myself but still too smart alack of me, I didn’t realize I might have caused any offense to also others. I’m sorry to all of you and I’ll go properly dealt with the post and avoid repeating what I did and I hard feelings against anyone at all.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 8:37 am

Aspieangeldude wrote:
I edited this post to be as honest as I can in apology and clarification. I was only talking to the one who didn’t think I was already doing what he suggested and it kinda hit me the wrong way and made me angry the way he put it. I already been making disciples and only Jesus himself can judge whether or not I did and truly has the proof. I didn’t mean actually bringing people to him I might have put it the wrong way that sounded offensive. In conclusion my response may been done to the guy who thought I was only focusing myself but still too smart alack of me, I didn’t realize I might have caused any offense to also others. I’m sorry to all of you and I’ll go properly dealt with the post and avoid repeating what I did and I hard feelings against anyone at all.

I wasn't offended personally, it's more that there's a common assumption that it's some sort of favor that believers are doing to try to convert people, when really it's viewed as really annoying and often times the non-believers.

As with anything else, there's a right and a wrong way to do it. Obviously, it's completely different if folks are literally asking for it.