Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2024, 6:07 pm

What are some secrets that someone else found out about you, that you didn't want them to know?

How did they find out?

What are some secrets about someone else that you found out?

How did you find out?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2024, 10:49 am

When I was a teenager, I told my mom and aunt that I had been abused when I was a young child. It wasn’t something I wanted other people to know about. My aunt told an elder in my church because she had the silly notion that he could help me. The elder had never taken a psychology class nor had he even been to college. In any case, it was a HUGE violation of trust. I never trusted that aunt with anything personal again.

Being observant and timid, I tend to find stuff out and keep it to myself. When I was 19, I found out that an estranged uncle was in jail serving a life sentence after I googled his name. Well, I was actually googling my grandfather, but they have the same name. One is junior; the other is senior. The symbolic appropriateness of that is just now hitting me. 8O Like father, like son. Anyway, given various family dynamics, I decided that it would be best to keep that a secret, and I did so for many years. I only revealed it when it became necessary.