Page 4 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Harmonie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 May 2024, 1:58 pm

auntblabby wrote:
our media aren't reporting this, but many Americans are bailing, esp. to the Commonwealth nations, despite many obstacles thrown americans' way by said nations.

It’s really hard to do that. It takes privilege. I’ve always considered myself as somewhat privileged (white, lower middle class, etc.) but even I’m not privileged enough to be accepted into another country. (Partially disabled now, not wealthy, no desirable skills, and neurodivergent.)

I suppose I could throw a Hail Mary and try to get into a university in Canada or something??? But why would they even take me? :(

I’m scared, so scared.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2024, 2:18 pm

I would consider Sweden, because of the sexually liberated populace (due to the strong emphasis on gender equality, and its low percentage of people who are religious), very strict laws against hate speech, and my overall desire to control what Evangelicals do and say.

Even reciting Leviticus 18:22 can warrant jail time. People like Ryan Walters and Tom Woods in Oklahoma would be in prison for their remarks in wake of Nex Benedict's death.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2024, 6:13 pm

Harmonie wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
our media aren't reporting this, but many Americans are bailing, esp. to the Commonwealth nations, despite many obstacles thrown americans' way by said nations.

It’s really hard to do that. It takes privilege. I’ve always considered myself as somewhat privileged (white, lower middle class, etc.) but even I’m not privileged enough to be accepted into another country. (Partially disabled now, not wealthy, no desirable skills, and neurodivergent.)

I suppose I could throw a Hail Mary and try to get into a university in Canada or something??? But why would they even take me? :(

I’m scared, so scared.

Well, hopefully enough people will vote blue but it's not guaranteed so that is scary. But yeah I don't have the option of moving out of this country either.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2024, 6:31 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Harmonie wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I’m scared, so scared.

Well, hopefully enough people will vote blue but it's not guaranteed so that is scary. But yeah I don't have the option of moving out of this country either.

I'm worried Trump will use the military as police officers as part of his "law and order" policy. Of course L&O is code for harassing and killing black and brown people, and violently stifling dissent. Law enforcement is already government-sanctioned terrorism as it is. Peaceful protests would no longer be an option, and violent revolution would have to be considered.

I think the queen mother of all Antifa rallies should be held in Cheyenne, Wyoming.

Why Cheyenne? It's the capital of the most conservative state in the country. There would be relatively few local supporters, so Antifa, BLM, et al need to come from other states, armed to the teeth.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2024, 7:09 pm

Harmonie wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I’m scared, so scared.

Am afraid alot of people ,within a certain level Intelligence might be scared too..! 8O .
On the other hand Hopefully the "powers that be "do not wish to sour the mix. And avoid harsh circumstances . So they can maintain a useable workforce . To keep the Gross domestic Product indicators for this country looking good.
But the last few elections ...just does not look so beneficial,to the people of the USA. (corporation.).

where ever you go ,there you are

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2024, 7:58 pm

my old age may end up sparing me the worst of the GOP down the line.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2024, 11:59 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Well lucky for you but many of us are still in reproductive age and female. And we can see what happens in other countries when religious fanatics take over. Like I feel so bad for the women in afganistan right now....but with the way the right here wants to go I might face a fate simular to them if Maga wins the election. And took me till my 30's to be comfortable as a woman and I don't want to let anyone take that away from me. Let alone a bunch of as*holes who don't even know how a womans body works.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 17 May 2024, 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2024, 12:05 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Well lucky for you but many of us are still in reproductive age and female.

I understand perfectly. Ecuador is a popular destination for people fleeing the US of A. but I get how it takes a lot of money, I am unable to move due to that condition.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2024, 11:46 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Well lucky for you but many of us are still in reproductive age and female.

I understand perfectly. Ecuador is a popular destination for people fleeing the US of A. but I get how it takes a lot of money, I am unable to move due to that condition.

Uruguay is even better, with a reasonable cost of living. I know Argentina is expensive, not sure about Chile.

As for Brazil, it's generally affordable, but quality of life varies largely on what part of Brazil you're in. Santa Catarina and Rio Grande do Sul states have the best standards of living.

Ecuador is going through a bit of civil unrest at the moment, they've gone through three presidents in less than a year.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2024, 1:03 am

Other countries aren't going to be your panacea, most of the people who conservatives want to hurt can't afford to just flee. Americans need to fix America instead of running away from their problems.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2024, 10:45 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Other countries aren't going to be your panacea, most of the people who conservatives want to hurt can't afford to just flee. Americans need to fix America instead of running away from their problems.

That maybe easier said than done as the body Politic of the USA .Controls people whom get to run for office here.
And the surveillence State ,has become very invasive . then you have to contend with , how deep the underbelly of
Military Industrial Corporate complex can go? am pretty sure google has deals with the Government here. :twisted:
To slide in predictive AI , of whom has looked into suspicious information. And with all the extra computing power
of AI , it will have a healthy degree of confidence . As to whom to watch. :skull: Never has there been so much avsilability of info in the modern world , i feel. :heart:
As always , it will prolly be a concept of Good :mrgreen: versus Evil :skull: ....And how things are used,But consider the things our USA Governments has done in the Past. And how they might use info.
( Personal Opinion) : am thinking we are Gonners. :)

where ever you go ,there you are

Last edited by Jakki on 18 May 2024, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harmonie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 May 2024, 11:15 am

funeralxempire wrote:

This is very similar to the rhetoric that people have tried to use against me moving out of my current state. "You must stay and fight!" they say.

As if there is any hope for Oklahoma at all. I've voted ever since I hit 18. I've watched even the city and university counties stay red in presidential elections, including the king of depravity Trump. There are not enough good people here, period.

Besides, most importantly, my rights and freedoms have been taken away and more are prone to be taken away without me being able to do a thing to stop it, I do not feel safe here. I'm tired.

Alas, this wasn't about moving from one state to another.

I'll just say: Not all of us are fighters. When the target on your back is big enough, and you're not a particularly smart person in your tactical abilities (like keeping myself undetected and away from fascist authorities), it feels like I'd be a quick casualty.

However, it must also be said that it's unfortunately true that running away to another country may not keep you safe. If the superpower USA really falls to fascism, it will have a ripple effect on the rest of the world. If Trump withdraws from NATO, that leaves Western Europe vulnerable to Russia (Yes, Russia is struggling with Ukraine, but that's with aid from the US!), and if fascist USA were to become invaders and try to expand territory, then nowhere at all is safe.

Trump winning is a dark, dark scenario.

As I said posts above, I have no ability to leave the USA, anyway. I plan to campaign for swing states and vote in November.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2024, 11:38 am

funeralxempire wrote:

Yeah, truth be told even if I could afford to flee, I am not sure that I would. If everyone who opposes the idea of Christian nationalism flees there won't be anyone to resist it here if Trump does somehow win the election.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2024, 1:18 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Yeah, truth be told even if I could afford to flee, I am not sure that I would. If everyone who opposes the idea of Christian nationalism flees there won't be anyone to resist it here if Trump does somehow win the election.

I am worried that people will be too scared to fight out of fear of severe punishment.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2024, 1:29 pm

Harmonie wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

This is very similar to the rhetoric that people have tried to use against me moving out of my current state. "You must stay and fight!" they say.

It's mostly warning you that the other countries people dream of fleeing too have their own problems, including immigration. Canada in particular has a lot of people pissed off about "too many immigrants and refugees" so thinking we're going to be the solution to America's sh***y political situation is just self-deception.

Yanks aren't going to get priority as refugees even if they manage to qualify as refugees; the bulk of them will not qualify as refugees in the first place. The ones who don't qualify as refugees will need to follow regular immigration procedures which isn't likely to view many of them favourably. Canada (for example) largely uses immigration as a means of poaching skilled workers from other economies. If you're not experienced in an in-demand field we have little use for you, especially if you don't have a sponsor and money to live off of upon arrival.

So yeah, I stand by what I said about not expecting the rest of the world to provide any sort of solution to America's problems. Most of the people affected won't be able to afford to leave and won't have anywhere interested in taking them in the first place.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2024, 1:38 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Harmonie wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

It's mostly warning you that the other countries people dream of fleeing too have their own problems, including immigration. Canada in particular has a lot of people pissed off about "too many immigrants and refugees" so thinking we're going to be the solution to America's sh***y political situation is just self-deception.

Yanks aren't going to get priority as refugees even if they manage to qualify as refugees; the bulk of them will not qualify as refugees in the first place. The ones who don't qualify as refugees will need to follow regular immigration procedures which isn't likely to view many of them favourably. Canada (for example) largely uses immigration as a means of poaching skilled workers from other economies. If you're not experienced in an in-demand field we have little use for you, especially if you don't have a sponsor and money to live off of upon arrival.

So yeah, I stand by what I said about not expecting the rest of the world to provide any sort of solution to America's problems. Most of the people affected won't be able to afford to leave and won't have anywhere interested in taking them in the first place.

This basically means that assassination is the only way to get Trump out of office if he wins.