Don't think I'll ever learn how to survive

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Alycat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 4:39 pm

I had a nightmare the other night. In it, a scientist had drugged me and locked me in a house. He gave me lectures about how to succeed (socially, with work etc) and I had to pass exams in it before I could leave. I woke up after this and thought to myself that actually I'd love someone to just take over my life for a little while and teach me all this stuff.
I feel like there's so much I don't know, and most of it I need to live a successful life. I wish someone would teach me, but it seems to me now I'm an adult I've just been left to fend for myself, and I don't think I'll ever learn it.

McNerdius
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Jun 2010, 5:02 pm

ditto. on the nose. well, minus the nightmare, that is.

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 6:46 pm

Alycat wrote:
I had a nightmare the other night. In it, a scientist had drugged me and locked me in a house. He gave me lectures about how to succeed (socially, with work etc) and I had to pass exams in it before I could leave. I woke up after this and thought to myself that actually I'd love someone to just take over my life for a little while and teach me all this stuff.
I feel like there's so much I don't know, and most of it I need to live a successful life. I wish someone would teach me, but it seems to me now I'm an adult I've just been left to fend for myself, and I don't think I'll ever learn it.

What's your obsessive interest?

Try to channel it into something productive.

Mine is survivalism and gun culture so I took the values the culture instills and then adapted them to my situation.

Lost_Soul
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Jun 2010, 6:35 am

In one way i'd rather not learn that.

Maybe it's just my area but the majority of people around are right jerks and will throw pointless insults at you even when they don't know you.

To me that implies that being 'social' involves being a -insert cuss words here-

In which case i'd rather not.

Alycat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 6:41 am

RICKY5 wrote:
What's your obsessive interest?

Try to channel it into something productive.

Mine is survivalism and gun culture so I took the values the culture instills and then adapted them to my situation.
I can't work out a way to make the things I'm interested in useful. I like figure skating, but I'm only learning. I like comedy shows and Doctor Who. I like reading. I like Bellowhead.

I just think that if my life stays the way it is (no job, no friends, no clear future) for much longer I'm not going to be able to cope with it for much longer.

drybones
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jun 2010, 5:36 am

Alycat wrote:
I just think that if my life stays the way it is (no job, no friends, no clear future) for much longer I'm not going to be able to cope with it for much longer.

Not sure if this helps but from my experience, life doesn't stay the same. Its being a bumpy road with ups and downs all the way. Things never stay the same for too long

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2010, 10:32 pm

Lost_Soul wrote:
In one way i'd rather not learn that.

Maybe it's just my area but the majority of people around are right jerks and will throw pointless insults at you even when they don't know you.

To me that implies that being 'social' involves being a -insert cuss words here-

In which case i'd rather not.

You learn enough of what you need to survive.