Motivational message for those who lack motivation :) ^^

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 4:39 pm

With a little help from an older aspie friend of mine, I have been given a great piece of advice today and he helped me so much.

I think that to get working and motivated, it is so much easier to manage when not thinking much before the idea of doing an activity.

I seem to get into this state where I want to do something, but I think too much, and thinking about something that requires effort takes extra effort, and might ruin the magic of the idea of having a productive day.

Trying not to think about the activity might help, because thinking doesn't equal the movement of the arm, or the leg, or productivity in any way.

Thinking when in a situation that is about positive thoughts whilst doing a job is different - that is using your brain for a good use.

I've been de-motivated and unable to do much for a long while now, but I have applied this knowledge and it seems to have helped today, and I think I'm going to get a lot more pro-active now that I'm just not going to think about doing activities much at all.
No - I won't change my personality, I am simply trying to live simply at times when living simply is necessary, and that contributes to happiness and overall well being. :)

I hope this can be of good inspiration to everyone who has been yearning for motivation or struggled for motivation recently, or has it in their nature to find it hard. I hope this message indeed helps. :) ^^

Remember - whoever relates to this, you are far more capable than you may give yourself credit for.

Life isn't always about an ultimate goal tomorrow or next year... I won't become a grand master musician next year.
Yes, ultimate goals are there to achieve, but one must find a balance and take life a day at a time.
Life is for experiencing and enjoying.

*Hug* I want everyone to feel joy and happiness. :) ^^

A grand day to you all. :) ^^

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 10:51 pm

That's a really good point. There is no action until you take action. Thinking is great to a point, but eventually you have to stop considering the possible repercussions of and act and simply dive in.

One point I would like to add. This is something I have had to learn and re-learn many times in my life. It is easy to forget this good advice and fall back into patterns of contemplation. Often periods of depression or anxiety cause us to stop taking action quickly and then we forget how useful it is to dive in without over thinking things. And so it has to be re-learned.

Thanks for pointing this out. I needed the reminder.

Lars

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2010, 7:44 am

I love your motivational messages. I enjoy reading them. :)