Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

vikingsteve
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Aug 2010, 1:49 pm

So Thursday I will again attempt to take a chance at trying to talk to a girl I used to know a while back. Like, a LONG while back. My mom used to babysit her when I was about 6 and she was maybe 4. I want to talk to her outside of class, but her friend is always there talking to her, and I am afraid to talk to her around the friend. I tried pumping myself up after getting home today (not talking to her, even though I said I was going to) and the way I look at it, this is win/win. Either I can ask her how is life going, what classes do you have, maybe squeak in a question about being single... and get rejected. OR I can do all that, and be accepted. Her friend might giggle, she might be silent, she might make fun (in which case I'll just say I didn't ask for her opinion)... either way, I'm not going to die afterward. Nothing is lost, only knowledge is gained. Sort of like in football, where if the defense jumps offsides, it's win-win for the offense. Either they can go deep on a risky play, run the regular play... they can do whatever they want, because if they don't like the result, the play just restarts at 1st and 5. If I get rejected, I'll just be at 1st and 5, and I'll try in another week or so...

Does this make any sense to anyone? I don't wanna screw this up, I've been planning to talk to her for about a week and a half now and still I've got nothing. I really don't want to let this one get away, especially after how cute she's become. Which is also somewhat of a problem... talking to cute girls is always difficult if they don't engage me first.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 12:02 am

Good luck. Tell us how it goes. :)

SaNcheNuSS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2010, 3:02 am

vikingsteve wrote:
So Thursday I will again attempt to take a chance at trying to talk to a girl I used to know a while back. Like, a LONG while back. My mom used to babysit her when I was about 6 and she was maybe 4. I want to talk to her outside of class, but her friend is always there talking to her, and I am afraid to talk to her around the friend. I tried pumping myself up after getting home today (not talking to her, even though I said I was going to) and the way I look at it, this is win/win. Either I can ask her how is life going, what classes do you have, maybe squeak in a question about being single... and get rejected. OR I can do all that, and be accepted. Her friend might giggle, she might be silent, she might make fun (in which case I'll just say I didn't ask for her opinion)... either way, I'm not going to die afterward. Nothing is lost, only knowledge is gained. Sort of like in football, where if the defense jumps offsides, it's win-win for the offense. Either they can go deep on a risky play, run the regular play... they can do whatever they want, because if they don't like the result, the play just restarts at 1st and 5. If I get rejected, I'll just be at 1st and 5, and I'll try in another week or so...

Does this make any sense to anyone? I don't wanna screw this up, I've been planning to talk to her for about a week and a half now and still I've got nothing. I really don't want to let this one get away, especially after how cute she's become. Which is also somewhat of a problem... talking to cute girls is always difficult if they don't engage me first.

This should be tagged. Guys, we are knee deep in this machine, the only conceivable way out is to open yourself up to every possible experience regardless of rejection. Just look at yourself as a circuit, trying to get through to the source and where one place shuts you down, you just reroute your destination and keep doing this. Some let you pass, others do not but we must keep going.