Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

dragonbean
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Nov 2011, 4:50 pm

Ugh.
Don't you hate it when your day is going fine, it's going great, even, and then it all comes crashing down?
Yeah. It sucks.
So a friend of mine just emailed me. And she was in a bad mood because of what happened to her during school. A summary: there's this kid who she's friends with, he has a crush on her, and she only sees him as a friend. He asked her to the school dance and she turned him down and feels really bad about hurting his feelings.
So, the usual teenage drama.

Do I feel bad for him? Yes. Do I feel bad for her because of how bad she feels right now? Yes. Are either of those the problem here? No.
The ISSUE is, I like my friend. A lot. The bigger issue is, she's straight.
fml.
So, I get the email and my two responses are,
1. I love her and it stings so much when she talks about other people who like her. Stings like you would not believe. and
2. She's pretty enough and smart enough and funny enough and social enough to actually have these problems. I have never been in her position because there hasn't been anyone, guy or girl, who's liked me.

So now I'm frustrated and in a really bad mood and my self-esteem which is zero as a general rule is in the negatives if that's possible and I really like this girl and I know she doesn't have feelings for me either (haha, maybe I should go rant to the boy she turned down, he'd likely sympathize) and my day sucks in general.

I'm not really looking for advice or solutions because I know there isn't any, I just needed to rant.
Thanks for reading.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 5:28 pm

I doubt that anyone can change a person to suit that one person. I think you should be happy with your friendship rather than looking for something that could damage that.

floating
Raven
Raven

22 Nov 2011, 5:44 am

I can totally relate 2 your situation. it's similar 2 mine. Both parts. Had the experience of being in love with a friend whose straight and find it difficult 2 suport that friend through situations that i dont even encounter because of not being social or successful enough. In fact i just lost this friend because of failing in this regard. It sounds like you are doing good with your empathy though. Its good 2 try 2 imagine what its like 4 them so that they feel you understand and then want 2 keep being your friend. Good luck