i'm an emotional chameleon.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

rocknrollslc
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 3:29 am

i feel like an emotional chameleon. about a year ago my therapist told me i was, and i didn't give it too much thought, until the last few days (in the past several years i've dated/good friends with a couple girls who are like this)

looking back, i've been like this all throughout life, to varying degrees. i have a really tough time fully sharing, let alone emoting to people. could this be a defense mechanism to both trust issues and my senses (which are amplified by asperger's and bi polar)?

EstherJ
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 8:18 am

I believe that it's simply a way to cope with difficulties. I struggle with this a bit myself.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 9:18 am

I think that as long as you have an art form that helps, you are fine. If you have no expression, it is an issue.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

danmac
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 9:42 am

same for me, i always thought it was due to my lack of nonverbal cues. alot of times i give off the wrong vibe and that goes dbl. for emotional vibes. i've had 3 long term relationships and at the end none of them could read me?

rocknrollslc
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 11:54 am

SanityTheorist wrote:
I think that as long as you have an art form that helps, you are fine. If you have no expression, it is an issue.

hmmm..i play music...used to play in a band which was amazing but it isn't really that satisfying playing alone...

rocknrollslc
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 11:55 am

danmac wrote:
same for me, i always thought it was due to my lack of nonverbal cues. alot of times i give off the wrong vibe and that goes dbl. for emotional vibes. i've had 3 long term relationships and at the end none of them could read me?

what do you mean by 'dbl'??

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 2:22 pm

rocknrollslc wrote:
SanityTheorist wrote:

hmmm..i play music...used to play in a band which was amazing but it isn't really that satisfying playing alone...

Then get in a band again. Being an emotional chameleon would help you have a wide range of playing styles.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

rocknrollslc
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 2:27 pm

^ fer sure, you're right.

rocknrollslc
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2012, 2:32 pm

I don't want to be a chameleon though, or at least I would like to be a chameleon who is free and doesn't give a f***