Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

watership
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jan 2013, 5:56 pm

When I was 15 I got porcelain veneers on my teeth. I didn't really know the procedure for it, or that part of it was whittling down my natural teeth to stubs to put the porcelain veneer on it. Only after getting them that I found out I should never have been a candidate; I clench my teeth and have terrible plaque buildup even though I brush three times a day.
I've hated them ever sense I got them. They're so big and since the edges toward the gumline were jagged my gums have been swollen around the porcelain.
I'm 22 now, I have two retail jobs to barely keep myself and my boyfriend afloat. I barely have enough groceries let alone uninsured cosmetic dental work. One of the teeth is chipping and it's noticeable. I feel like a freak, and I have such horrible anxiety over them that I hate going out in public, and I don't smile around my boyfriend. Who I've been so ashamed that I got "fake teeth" that I didn't tell him.
I put myself on a liquid diet just for fear of chipping them further, and I've lost about 20 pounds in about a month and a half. (Went down to 110lbs)
My mom who "forced" me to get the work done has an insurance card for medical bills. But she only has $6000 on it (which would be barely enough to replace my six veneers) and she is going to be 60 this year; I don't want her to waste it on me.
I feel so terrible, whatever I do it feels like its going to be wrong.