i keep running into my exboyfriend...

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 2:44 pm

...in my own town.

And the worst of it is that he is not even from around here.

I did learn years ago that he had some sort of job that was stationed here but I thought it would be temporary and that he would've been gone by now.

But lately I can't go to my usual places anymore without running into him and it's getting pretty annoying . He doesn't spot me so much as I spot him and then have to hide. He and I have a bad history and if he did spot me it would not be a pleasant meeting as he would find some means to ridicule or harass me.

This really sucks because I can't go anywhere in my town or even the surrounding area without risking such an encounter. I just need to pray that he never shows up at my workplace for whatever reason.

Last edited by raisedbyignorance on 09 Jan 2013, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MacGyverAspie
Toucan
Toucan

09 Jan 2013, 2:50 pm

I suggest getting a restraining order against him. You should not have to live in fear of him everyday. If he violates it, he goes to jail, simple as that

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 3:16 pm

MacGyverAspie wrote:
I suggest getting a restraining order against him. You should not have to live in fear of him everyday. If he violates it, he goes to jail, simple as that

I think that's jumping the gun a bit. It seems from what the OP said that he's not deliberately trying to run into her; they just so happen to be at the same places at times. He should not be restricted just because of this. I think this course of action would be more suited to if he were actually stalking the OP.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 10:00 pm

Boxman108 wrote:
MacGyverAspie wrote:

I think that's jumping the gun a bit. It seems from what the OP said that he's not deliberately trying to run into her; they just so happen to be at the same places at times. He should not be restricted just because of this. I think this course of action would be more suited to if he were actually stalking the OP.

Boxman's description of the situation is correct. Though it's funny that you brought up the restraining order because I will need one against another exboyfriend from high school should he ever return from the Army. (Apparently he had been stalking me at my college but I wasn't aware it was him until it was too late.)

Hard to believe the ex I am referring to in my OP (my college ex) is not even the worst of the worst (no matter how much I wish he was). But I ask you...would you want to keep constantly running into someone who...

- told you he loved you but refused to acknowledge (via Facebook) that it was a relationship?
- dumped you to return to his own exgf (which only lasted a week from what I heard)?
- called you a "whore" or a "ret*d" on numerous occasions (post "relationship")?
- blamed you for a situation that was completely the fault and idea of someone else (that someone else being his gf/fiancee at the time making it unlikely that she would've ever been blamed regardless of who knew the truth)?

So it sucks that I do run into him as occasionally as I do (one time was on my birthday of all days). Yeah I feel like I can't go out in public anymore. If I did run into him or if he did see me as I saw him, he would've probably make some stupid immature comment about how I'm stalking him or something even though that would be BS, because was not even from this part of the state when I first met him in college and I've been living here in this same place since 1998. How I wish he would GTFO. I don't care if he does become a famous film director or whatever. If it gets him to leave this state, I am all for it.