Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

webster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Dec 2013, 12:20 am

More and more recently I've just been feeling like "What's the point?" When I think about the future I see nothing.

I've started to feel sort of distant from my girlfriend as well. We've been together nearly 4 years and I'm happy I guess but I just feel like she would be better off with someone else.

I couldn't stand school either and as a result I ended up missing most of it and I ended up with no qualifications. And I have really bad anxiety problems, and with being by myself and being around people I don't know, so the thought of getting a job is hopeless.

Just meh....

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 12:28 am

Recommend that you seek counseling if not already done and you could even go to a support group for people with anxiety. As far as obtaining a job recommend that you look for a job that would not make you feel overwhelmed as far as the need for skills or sensory overload (if that could be an issue). Good luck. 8)

nomadder
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Dec 2013, 5:38 pm

You've pinpointed feeling hopeless and identifed several reasons for how you could have gotten to that point. Having that insight puts you a step ahead for starters. Now you've identified the issues, the next step is to find some help. Are you seeing a doctor about the anxiety? First address that issue, as trying to deal with education and job hunting and relationship problems is too much all at once. How about making that a priority first step goal?

Then when the anxiety is under control, start researching education and job opportunities. All these issues have solutions - just take it one step at a time.

AQ 23/50, EQSQ-R EQ 34 SQ 93 (Extreme Systemizer)