Executive dysfunction & Withdrawl

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Bodyles
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 3:49 pm

<rant>
I'm almost two weels behind on my work, I need to do the dishes, take out the garbage (the place is starting to stink), and start to catch up, but I can't even bring myself to answer my phone or text messages, or check my email.

It seems like the more people try to reach me and the more stuff piles up, the less I'm willing or able to respond.
I just want to play WoW & binge-watch Buffy and hide in my cave and ignore the world for a while.

I'd been trying so hard for months, been so tough, never gave up, even when things seemed like they were completely falling apart, but now it seems like I just don't have any more willpower left.

I need time to hide, to flaunt my responsibilities, to recharge, but everyone seems to want something, and I have obligations and the more they press in the more I withdraw.

FUUUUUUCK!! !! !! !
</rant>

Thanks for listening WP.

one-A-N
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 6:57 pm

Bodyles wrote:
<rant>I just want to play WoW & binge-watch Buffy and hide in my cave and ignore the world for a while.</rant>

We obviously come from the same gene pool.

I even have a sign on my door (put there by someone else) that says "One-A-N's cave".

I assume by "for a while" you mean something like "from 9 or 10 AM until past midnight, day after day, if allowed to".

My study has piles of junk - it's too hard to work out what to do with it all. Decisions! Aaaargh!