Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Nightwing82
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 May 2024, 9:53 am

If Trump is convicted, it will only serve to confirm in minds of fanatical Trump supporters that he is being persecuted, and they will turn to violence in the streets. Same thing will happen if he doesn't win the election.

If he does win, he will enact Project 2025. Anyone who isn't a rich white conservative Christian will be targeted.

No matter the outcome; immigrants, LGBTQ+ communities, non-whites, disabled, neurodiverse, poor, and anyone else is in anyway disadvantaged will targets of mob violence and draconian persecution.

I've been wanting to escape this country for over a decade. But I have no money, no resources, and no marketable skills which will allow me to immigrate.

__Elijahahahaho
Raven
Raven

05 May 2024, 9:59 am

That sounds really bad. Can you become a mountain hermit?

What is project 25?

Edit:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_2025

Critics of Project 2025 have described it as an authoritarian Christian nationalist movement[16] and a path for the United States to become an autocracy.

jeeessh.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2024, 10:38 am

A bully uses fear to get his way. I hope you're wrong and enough Americans( I hope they can see what a nightmare it will be if the orange man wins the election) vote against him I personally don't think Trump and his allies see what a big deal abortion rights are to most Americans and how their followers shut down the house a few months ago.

Nightwing82
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 May 2024, 4:47 pm

Everyone thinks I'm crazy. But everyone thought the people scared in 1938 Germany were crazy too.

Harmonie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 May 2024, 8:02 pm

Hey, I'm also in Oklahoma, but here in the next month I'm getting the heck out of there! Needless to say, I understand your fears.

I know all too well the threat of Project 2025 and Christian Nationalists. Very scary, and I think it's about time people stop underestimating them. You'd think that maybe people would start waking up after Roe v Wade was overturned. However, I still see people insisting that elections don't matter, and nothing will happen.

Abortion being made illegal in many states wasn't "nothing". Flipping take this seriously people. The prospect of Trump and the Christian Nationalists taking power again is so concerning and scary that even I am deeply worried about being safe in the deep blue state I am escaping to.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2024, 8:55 pm

Don't stop in Missouri :roll: , its already against the law for a woman to have control over her body.......here... i feel you guys ... 8O

where ever you go ,there you are

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2024, 6:09 am

I have made arrangements to be out of the country from November 1, 2024 to January 31, 2025.

Maybe even longer, if I have to.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2024, 9:07 am

Fnord wrote:
I have made arrangements to be out of the country from November 1, 2024 to January 31, 2025.

Maybe even longer, if I have to.

Any particular reason , Monsoon season or just enjoying the holidays ? Phillipines is considered its own Nation after all .

Am hearing , Nov 6 maybe a bad date in the USA ,but am more inclined to think the entire time around the election maybe exciting to watch... It maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity . :(

Harmonie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 May 2024, 5:02 pm

Jakki wrote:
Don't stop in Missouri :roll: , its already against the law for a woman to have control over her body.......here... i feel you guys ... 8O

It's the same in Oklahoma. >.<

Unfortunately, I will have to go through Missouri (or misery as I call it lol) to get to where I'm moving to. In fact, my dad who's driving me wants to take the trip slow so we'll have to stop in Missouri for a night.

I'd freak out, but it's not like it's worse than Oklahoma, where I am typing this from right now.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2024, 6:10 pm

Might look into current changes to Kansas Law.. but Kansas is not exactly forward thinking i feel for Womens rights..
but they do not claim control over reproductive rights .. It got voted down ...Either way hope your going someplace ??.
Anyplace ??? that is nice .

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2024, 8:53 pm

Jakki wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I have made arrangements to be out of the country from November 1, 2024 to January 31, 2025.  Maybe even longer, if I have to.
Any particular reason, Monsoon season or just enjoying the holidays? Philippines is considered its own Nation after all.
The country to which I referred was the USA.
Jakki wrote:
Am hearing, Nov 6 maybe a bad date in the USA, but am more inclined to think the entire time around the election maybe exciting to watch... It maybe a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
November 1 is 5 days before the election, and January 31 is 3 weeks after the new president is sworn in.  I expect a lot of shouting, violence, and other forms of protest during that time period.  I fully expect January 6th of next year to make January 6th of 2020 look like a picnic in the park.

I will be monitoring events from over 10,000 miles away; that should be far enough.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Harmonie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 May 2024, 9:18 pm

Jakki wrote:
Might look into current changes to Kansas Law.. but Kansas is not exactly forward thinking i feel for Womens rights..
but they do not claim control over reproductive rights .. It got voted down ...Either way hope your going someplace ??.
Anyplace ??? that is nice .

Yeah, Kansas is pretty bad. The people of the state did vote to protect abortion, but that isn't stopping the government from looking for every way to restrict it anyway.

I used to want to go to the University of Kansas, but alas, it's not to be.

I'm moving very far away from this region of the country to New England. In a blue state, surrounded by blue states!

I've always wanted to live in the Northeast, so this is a dream come true! Not under the best circumstances (fleeing my home state), though.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2024, 9:59 pm

buckle your seat belts, folks- it's gonna be a bumpy ride from here on out.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2024, 10:23 pm

OOOhhh... No.. but who is gonna be left to make America Great Again .. :roll:
Invest.. Invest... In bullit Proof Vests ., :roll: :skull:

Btw safe journeys Fnord.......>>>>>>>>>>>> someplace safe..

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2024, 11:32 pm

Hi Harmonie,

Welcome to New England!

It is very LGBTQ+ friendly where I live.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2024, 5:35 am

Trump can't even get his supporters to protest at his trial. And his rallies are pathetic and the crowd is generally confused and bored. I predict he'll lose the election and there will be no consequences except heightened security.