Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselling Thread

Page 39 of 47 [ 742 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 47  Next

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2014, 7:26 pm

After he retired, my dad smoked that much. That's A LOT of weed, man.

I haven't smoked marijuana in over ten years-- I decided I didn't like the cottony feeling in my head the day after, and quit-- but I really miss it right now.

It didn't make me more social, or less autistic. But I could sit under a tree and smoke a bowl and feel at peace with myself and the world. THAT is what I actually miss. Letting my thoughts run, and not having them run to somewhere horrible. Peace.

I ground my teeth really bad over the weekend, and they hurt like hell. I took one of the hydrocodone my hubby had left over from a bout with shingles. I feel at peace with myself and the world for the first time in months and months and months. I wish I could get to this state without drugs. I like this. This is nice. But a f*****g pill habit, I do not need.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2014, 7:29 pm

BuyerBeware wrote:
But I could sit under a tree and smoke a bowl and feel at peace with myself and the world. THAT is what I actually miss. Letting my thoughts run, and not having them run to somewhere horrible. Peace.

This exactly. Peace.

It is a lot of weed and now I'm out and I broke up with my supplier. So cold turkey for me.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 4:07 pm

Well great I went out to have a couple drinks...and last thing I remember I was talking to someone and they bought me a beer and can't remember much else, woke up sleeping on the couch in the living room of my house. I have vauge memories of being rather angry with my mom and her boyfriend, because they might have been arguing when I got home, lately I have been feeling like everyone just sneaks around about things...cannot say I don't as well but for me its to avoid conflict, for them seems more like trying to make themselves look better than they are or something. So I vaguely remember maybe being in an argument about that, but might have also dreamed that bit. My dreams are very vivid. I also lost a hate I really liked suppose I will see if perhaps I left it at the bar and they held onto it though don't see why I would have taken it off...or since I also seem to have hit my head on something and my knees feel bruised I am thinking I might have tripped over something on the way home and at least somewhat fell so maybe that is how I lost it.

But yeah a couple hours before I went to the bar I had taken 10mg of valium because I was feeling pretty on edge and didn't want a full on anxiety attack...and figured it would be worn off by then though it did hit me pretty hard , probably still should have had less drinks. But yeah don't think I seemed that intoxicated to people or was being belligerent but still bothers me not remembering. I hate when things like this happen...seems like alcohol abuse if one cannot remember significant parts of last nights drinking. On the bright-side I've barely drank the past month, and don't plan on doing so too often this next month either especially if I have taken valium a few hours before the drinking takes place. I do not think alcohol will be in my budget maybe if its offered but not planning to buy any myself. I need a t.v since right now I have my brothers and obviously he is going to want it back and more vinyl, things that last longer. Basically did not know where else to post this...does anyone else find themselves not remembering things after drinking. Another thought is why do I waste my time with that there are better substances so I just don't get why there are times I abuse alcohol(by having too much of it) rather then finding something more interesting or going and smoking some weed.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 4:12 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
But yeah don't think I seemed that intoxicated to people or was being belligerent but still bothers me not remembering. I hate when things like this happen...seems like alcohol abuse if one cannot remember significant parts of last nights drinking. .

I hate that feeling. Wondering if I've done something I will regret when I remember (or am told about) it. Plus that hay detached feeling. Alcohol is so unpleasant when compared with weed.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 7:07 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
But yeah don't think I seemed that intoxicated to people or was being belligerent but still bothers me not remembering. I hate when things like this happen...seems like alcohol abuse if one cannot remember significant parts of last nights drinking. .

I hate that feeling. Wondering if I've done something I will regret when I remember (or am told about) it. Plus that hay detached feeling. Alcohol is so unpleasant when compared with weed.

Yeah I feel like I could have missed out on things by not remembering...but of course sort of afraid to pop into that bar again in case I did make an ass out of myself, just really hope I did not. But I guess I will find out when I get the guts up to stop in there again, probably should soon so I can see about if I left my hat there .

chagya
Toucan
Toucan

14 Dec 2014, 8:57 pm

I have not used alcohol in decades. When I did drink it was peer related. Not peer pressure, but just when I was with other. I never drank alone. I have used marijuana all my life, again, for decades, with no problems. I did have one year of my life when I was 29 going on 30, when I used crank on a daily basis, probably 4-5 times a day, sometimes staying awake for 4-5 days straight, never missed a day of work, nor late (well, I don't recall sleeping anyway). I know I am lucky to be alive. I was drinking at this time, in the evenings. I was snorting the crank at work, usually with 3-4 co-workers. One of my superiors overdosed at work. They found her dead at her desk in her office. I wouldn't recommend the lifestyle to anyone.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2014, 7:30 pm

I'll probably die of substance abuse, better that than being shot point blank by the system.

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2015, 6:39 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I'll probably die of substance abuse, better that than being shot point blank by the system.

Same here only this is Europe and can't see the gun thing happening.
But serving no other purpose than to keep someone in employment is not my idea of a ripe old age either.

Been good though lately. Been drinking me dandelion teas one a day now and I have to say it seems to have activated my lazy innards for now :mrgreen:

usaneanderthal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jan 2015, 11:19 pm

i do not drink alcohol .

i have read that low dose topiramate will help get rid of alcohol cravings in alcoholics and allow them to stop or decrease their drinking over time without going thru withdrawl.
it works by binding to and then downregulating AMPA receptor near the locus cerules.
i read where it is the upregulation of AMPA receptors that drives cravings and establishes the withdrawl syndrome.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2015, 1:38 am

I drink alcohol all the time but in more stressful situations my alcohol consumption increases tenfold sometimes I fell I have to drink myself to death to make the world a better place because the world does not want me to continue to live!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2015, 1:14 am

Is it possible to be addicted to the internet? Or self-harm? Or masturbation?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 2:51 am

Worried about my dad...making me want to just get faded, but I'm not going to do it.....damn this is hard.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 5:53 pm

Hi my name is just-me and I'm an addict..... I smoked pot and i'm 2 days clean and sober. I have no NA meetings near me so im gonna post here. I know its not a "hard drug" but it has lead to me almost trying other things.

My mom died over a year ago. I've been broken since she got ill and after she died i think part of me died too.

I'm sitting here with a bottle of wine that i snuck into my room. I haven't drank it. I dont think i will now, My recovery is to important. God it feels good to talk about all this!
I've been holding so much in. wanting to break down but being unable.
I'm so broken.

I'm also talking to a married man that probably doesn't have feelings for me but i do for him. (He knows how i feel cause i toled him) i'm engaged and cant seem to do the right thing.
I havent done anything sexual at all "not even flirting", but its like im addicted to him too. i know the addiction is not just to drugs it is an all over illness that permeates all of my life.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2015, 12:52 pm

I'm 3 days clean and sober! yyay. i'm proud of myself.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 3:34 am

Sooo... I guess nobody's reading these... oh well. :roll: I'll keep posting anyways. I was really struggling yesterday. I woke from an awesome dream about wine and i really wanted some. I ended up making an AA meeting in my area and it really helped.

I woke this morning really early, like 4 am I contemplated draining the bottle when everyone was sleeping. Then i remembered the words from a kind lady at the meeting."Drinking wont make it better" I also remembered the words from my NA meeting. "1 is to many and a thousand never enough".
I realized i wanted to drink to stop the cravings but i know that will only make it worse. Even as i write this i feel like its not true, god I'm so good at lying to myself!

Today is day 4 clean and sober! just for today i wont drink or use.

just-me
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2015, 6:22 am

maybe i belong in AA instead of NA because I'm not craving the pot. yea if it was in front of me i would have problems but i feel no urge to get some or anything.

But yea the alcohol is a problem. any advice should i keep going to NA or should i just stick with AA