An arguement with my family.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

FreeStone
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Nov 2016, 12:12 pm

A huge argument broke out with my family.
They talked about their frustration with me for my behavior, disagreeableness, and lack of interest in bonding with anyone in my household despite explaining my aspergers and my illiteracy when it comes to the rules that govern social life.
I'm still undiagnosed and they think I'm just making excuses.
Even if they do believe me they have not a single bloody clue how extensive autism has determined much of my physical and mental functions.
They are expecting things from me I have trouble providing or cannot provide.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2016, 1:09 pm

Yep, my family was a lot like that with me when I was your age and I remember trying to argue back and the thing is, you can't. The best thing you can do it tell them "I am sorry if you are frustrated with me" and just walk away. If they want to pick on you let them know "I am sorry if you enjoy bullying me."

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2016, 1:42 pm

Sometimes its honestly good to listen I was like that at the beginning of this year and listening was the first step to solving some of the problems I have. No one is expecting you to be able to read all the social cues.

Maybe thinking they are asking too much of you isn't the way to go. I have seen many people with Asperger's and High Functioning Autism maintain a rich social life.

How do you find interacting with people in general?

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2016, 2:38 pm

I argue with my family, too. I have a "war" going on right now with one of my nephews. This is what I've found - "normal" people, whether they're related to me or not, will NEVER get me. They just won't. I'm too different. My bluntness, the way I view life, everything I do is way outside their small way of thinking, so I isolate. Like I have a choice. :roll:

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2016, 9:33 pm

The thing with family members is that they have to figure out how to stretch you by getting you to try new things in small steps rather than pick on you.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2016, 8:28 pm

don't feel too bad, I was a shut in at your age and many of the arguments with me had to do with why I don't like to go out.

Luhluhluh
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2016, 9:19 pm

What was it that started the argument?