I Think My Sister Have Bipolar

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2023, 12:44 am

I think she told me once or twice that she has Bipolar. This does explain her going back & forth with being nice & caring to being hateful & saying really nasty things to me. And also being miss know all about me. She was nice to me on my birthday in August, she text me a birthday text, last month she wanted me to move with her. I emailed her today, she sent a nasty email to me. I don’t know what to do, I cannot handle her all by myself. I wish my cousin can handle my money from the trust fund. She can sound really scary.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2023, 10:12 am

Unfortunately, people with bipolar can have mood swings and can become hostile or irritable towards other people. I think if your sister does indeed have bipolar, then you shouldn't take it too personally if she is nasty, since she probably struggles to regulate her emotions, as many people with bipolar do.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2023, 3:40 pm

I would just avoid her, don't move in with her. Is she medicated?

My cousin is Bipolar and she gets all these flight of ideas and it all becomes about her. No one else's thoughts and feelings matter.

Doctors think my husband may be Bipolar 1. He just had his very first manic period and he got hospitalized. Once he got stableized, he is himself again and no more wild mood swings and short temper and lack of impulse and being easily irritated. He was also very delusional. He still is but isn't open about it and he says it still feels all real. But he was getting worse and worse upon hospitalization. My cousin has had several hospitalizations and she isn't even on meds. She is just very energetic and full of spontaneous ideas and it's always about her, my uncle had to put a lock on one of his doors in his home because she wouldn't stop bringing people over and renting out rooms to them. Then she didn't understand why he did it. My family had to revoke her rights to our lake house because she was using it as an air b and b and my brother who is a lawyer said this was a liability thing and dont let her do it.

So it's very different in everyone with it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.