Funny things my teachers wrote about me as a child.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Mikhaillost
Toucan
Toucan

30 May 2008, 9:53 pm

Well, when we graduate the school gives us every paper ever written about us...

Well. I am 17 and I just graduated highschool. I decided to read things teachers wrote about me. This was particularily interesting to me, when I got to it.

Well, I wasn't diagnosed with Asperger's until last summer, but maybe it should have been apparent a bit earleir. Among things my first grade teacher wrote as "Unsatisfactory" (Meaning the student just doesn't do it) were: Listens when others are speaking. Displays self control, Plays/Works with others, Shares and Takes turns, Listening attentively, Works without being disturbing and a few more....

I passed: Speech and language development (Talking loud and clear, Completel sentances, ideas) and almost anything else (ABCs, counting to 1000, shapes, reading, etc.)

Reading ones from other grades through out elementary... They all say the same thing. You'd think someone would have noticed. I just thought that was funny and that I would share it with you. I mean, I know not everyone is cookie cutter, but, really... xD Oh, I can't wait to get through all my disiplinary refferals. ^.^'''''''''''

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 9:07 pm

Mikhaillost wrote:

We got a folder like that...

Mine was empty for some reason =/

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 9:52 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Mikhaillost wrote:

We got a folder like that...

Mine was empty for some reason =/
I wonder if I'll get that? I didn't memorize my younger report cards, and I'm sure there's some other interesting stuff :D

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

01 Jun 2008, 2:31 am

Well I didn't complete high school, but do have report cards that say the same thing each year from when I was younger.
Most of them said that I was a well behaved student, very organized and prepared for class, but didn't participate in groups or initiate conversation with peers. They've also said that I lacked self-help skills such as dressing oneself after swimming lessons (that was when I was 5-6yrs old) and tieing my shoe laces. They also say that I was a very sensitive student and became upset over minor things. Nevertheless, they say that I was academically doing well and reading above my age group level. They say that I was hesitant to try new things but once I did, I would put much effort into them.

Nairin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 5:25 am

I distinctly remember a report card saying that I hallucinate.

That wasn't funny. I don't hallucinate.

Tailchaser's Song" by Tad Williams

Brittany2907

01 Jun 2008, 6:15 am

Nairin wrote:

Why did a teacher think that? It seems really odd that a teacher would write that. 8O

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 6:50 am

Brittany2907 wrote:
Nairin wrote:

Why did a teacher think that? It seems really odd that a teacher would write that. 8O

Maybe because we "zone out" and often laugh at or react to things we are thinking about internally? On my early childhood papers, it said "she seems to be listening to voices she can only hear" and my therapist said i was hallucinating when I said my hearing good enough to overhear conversations. But by my logic, if I was having auditory hallucinations, I would hear these "voices" when noone was around. Plus I've suprised people before by commenting on said overheard conversations.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 12:28 pm

I remember one of my earliest school reports said "Philip is a happy boy, but finds it difficult to form relationships with the other members of the class. At present, he seems to have one friend in particular". Knowing what I know now, that makes a lot of sense...

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 1:08 pm

ebec11 wrote:
I wonder if I'll get that?

They gave us the folder in middle school, and we put some papers and tests and things in it, and they told us we'd have to put other things in it and we'd need it in high school before we graduate.

I don't remember if it was the same exact folder or not, but it seemed like they lost all my papers for whatever reason :x

kit000003
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2008, 10:02 pm

I never got a file like this.... but my fifth grade english teacher gave me a copy of Jane Eyre for christmas and the inscription inside says "Always remember boldness must be tempered with compassion." I think I am going to take it along to my next psych appointment.