Ever been in prison, jail or a juvenile detention facility?

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 11:17 am

I spent a couple hours in the one-cell city jail in Carmel, CA when I was about 20. I got pulled over for running a red light - and the cop thought I was high (I was) so he made me get out. When he saw I wasn't wearing shoes he got all pissed off. I passed the test - which in his peabrain in 1985 - was shining a flashlight in my eyes and looking at my pupils. (Must be the Reefer Madness School of Criminal Investigation.)

My pupils contracted- so, lo and behold...I wasn't high. :geek:

But he looked me up and I had some minor unpaid ticket or something - I can't remember. So he hauled me to jail. (I just got a "warning" on the "driving without shoes".)

What I remember most was the cell was painted this really bright royal blue and there was a friggin' fluorescent light overhead. They must have had hell's Feng Shui consultant design it.

And to top it off I had no shoes. Brrrr....

I have no clue how it all turned out so I guess it turned out alright or I think I'd remember. :duh:

09 Apr 2009, 8:01 pm

The closest thing for me is being taken to a police station because some idiotic store owner thought I shoplifted a video tape. I was handcuffed and taken in. No jail cell involved. I guess I was just lucky but it was still scary. I thought I was going to have to switch schools and was thinking what if I really did do it and didn't even know it. Because it happened on a Friday after school, I stayed home in the basement, never leaving the house and I didn't even want to go to school on Monday but my mother made me go. I sure had attention that week and the next week and kids believe me and said the store owner was stupid. I mean if he thought I took something from his store, why didn't he run outside after me and asked me if I am going to pay for that and I would have been like "what?" and I would have let him checked me to prove I had nothing from his store.

Jkid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Apr 2009, 8:16 pm

Never had, never will. I watch too many episodes of MSNBC's Lockup.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 8:22 pm

I hate when people bring threads back from the dead... :roll:

Anyway, I never have, but I was threatened to go to one when I was thirteen by the school. However, that school was horrible to me and I was actually the victim in the situation. My mom pulled me out of that school that day...

09 Apr 2009, 8:42 pm

Lightning88 wrote:

Why?

For me it depends. Replying to threads where the OP is asking for advice but they don't even go to the forum anymore, now that's annoying because there is no point in doing that. The OP is never going to see the new reply. Sometimes I wish mods would lock old threads that are at least a year old so people can't bump them.

Bumping old threads started by members and they still come here, I don't mind it. Or bumping threads like this because it's for everyone to read and read each others experiances.

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 8:53 pm

Jkid wrote:
Never had, never will. I watch too many episodes of MSNBC's Lockup.

:lol: I've seen every episode. I know what you mean.

No, I've never been to jail and it's not on my list of things to do. :wink:

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2009, 8:57 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:

Why?

For me it depends. Replying to threads where the OP is asking for advice but they don't even go to the forum anymore, now that's annoying because there is no point in doing that. The OP is never going to see the new reply. Sometimes I wish mods would lock old threads that are at least a year old so people can't bump them.

Bumping old threads started by members and they still come here, I don't mind it. Or bumping threads like this because it's for everyone to read and read each others experiances.

Yeah.... ^ Harsh, Lightning. I've studied some of these threads, not obsessively, but because I am terrified I'm going to repeat an old thread and everyone's going to throw rocks and bottle at me.

Besides the fact that some of us rookies are seeing this for the first time, you'd be surprised by how much y'all's answers have changed.

Not to single anyone out, but I came across the most adorable post from one of my favorite 20-something's...(cough, ahem... SF!) It was so cute to see how much he's grown up. 8) :) 8) :)

09 Apr 2009, 9:16 pm

No you changed your avatar. :(

I loved your Dottie Henson picture. That was my favorite movie when I was 14 and I was also obsessed with it.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2009, 3:32 pm

So I'm not allowed to have an opinion anymore? God...