Stupid things you've done recently

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2010, 6:39 pm

I took a large swig of apple cider vinegar earlier today and burned my throat. It's rather sore now.

Okay, now you guys own up to being dipsticks!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2010, 7:01 pm

I was upstairs in my job counselor's office, at my clubhouse this afternoon, before Toastmasters. I've asked her, if we could look at pictures of Mick, on the Internet. She caved in. After a few pictures, I started to feel a little frisky. I've lost all sense of time and space, and accidentally knocked my tea, off of her desk. Let's just say, that we won't be googleing pictures any more, when I'm up there.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2010, 9:46 pm

I've bought myself a Dank hemp infused energy drink, and downed it, in 15 minutes. Now my entire body is covered in hives.

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2010, 9:50 pm

I've hit the button in the elevator for the floor I was already on and stood there for at least 30 seconds wondering why I wasn't going anywhere.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2010, 9:59 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I've bought myself a Dank hemp infused energy drink, and downed it, in 15 minutes. Now my entire body is covered in hives.

Ouch, bad luck!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2010, 8:42 am

i took a walk in mid-40s weather with the rain pounding down like cats and dogs. i was wearing just a net top shirt and thin scrub bottoms with no umbrella. i was so determined to get in my daily 3 mile walk that i risked my health getting soaked in the cold rain for the better part of an hour. but i am weird that way. i have been known to go jogging in the middle of a thunder and lightning storm.

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2010, 8:56 am

Got a tattoo I hated and I got it removed. What a stupid waste of money.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2010, 9:14 am

auntblabby wrote:
i took a walk in mid-40s weather with the rain pounding down like cats and dogs. i was wearing just a net top shirt and thin scrub bottoms with no umbrella. i was so determined to get in my daily 3 mile walk that i risked my health getting soaked in the cold rain for the better part of an hour. but i am weird that way. i have been known to go jogging in the middle of a thunder and lightning storm.

That sounds nice actually. There's a spiritual practice where you go up the tallest hill you can find in a thunderstorm or snowstorm and take off all your clothes. It's really exhilarating. You can get a minor version of it just by walking or running or loitering in severe weather.

But you should be mindful of your health :-)

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2010, 9:17 am

pat2rome wrote:
I've hit the button in the elevator for the floor I was already on and stood there for at least 30 seconds wondering why I wasn't going anywhere.

I must do stuff like that at least a dozen times a day. Waiting for the kettle to boil when I've not switched it on is a staple. :lol:

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2010, 2:58 pm

I'm glad I am not alone. I recently tried to step on a bug in our un-carpeted living room, slipped and fell on my ass. I dont know if it was stupid or clumsy or both, but I was in bed for a couple of days from it. I am not used to falling so suddenly or so hard. :oops:

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2010, 3:53 pm

Aside from believe in myself... :(

I slipped on a frozen chip a few years back and broke my big toe. I also dropped my rabbit the other day (he's fine!)

jeffhermy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Mar 2010, 4:05 pm

Walked 2 miles with bare feet, had some cuts and dead skin peel back on the heel and all over the foot. I wondered why there wasn't so much blood but I guess I'll never know...

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2010, 4:24 pm

I saw someone who I hadn't seen in a while. She saw me from a distance and called "Aimless?" I was supposed to say "Michelle?" but it came out "Aimless?"

bully_on_speed
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2010, 4:27 pm

i was having a rant in haven the other day that that a bunch of people view but no posts, i felt like it was stupid i had the mod delete it

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2010, 4:55 pm

Aimless wrote:
I saw someone who I hadn't seen in a while. She saw me from a distance and called "Aimless?" I was supposed to say "Michelle?" but it came out "Aimless?"

This reminds me of one (not recent, but still funny). I was writing "Happy birthday!" on a card for someone while watching the episode of Rugrats where they go to the miniature golf course and think the ice cream statue is real ice cream. Well, I realized I wrote "Happy ice cream!" instead of "Happy birthday!" :lol:

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2010, 5:50 pm

pat2rome wrote:
Aimless wrote:

This reminds me of one (not recent, but still funny). I was writing "Happy birthday!" on a card for someone while watching the episode of Rugrats where they go to the miniature golf course and think the ice cream statue is real ice cream. Well, I realized I wrote "Happy ice cream!" instead of "Happy birthday!" :lol:

:lol:
It seems to be a pattern with me. I called my friend Barbara once and got the voice mail:
I Ieft this message:
"Hi Aimless, this is Barbara I mean Hi Barbara this is Aimless".
She was laughing when she called back. We grew up together and she knows me better than anybody.