Page 4 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

JPanzer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2012, 5:57 pm

I don't hate guns, but I don't see them as an essential or as a symbol of freedom that Americans appear to view them as. Quite understandable as a Brit wouldn't have that association. Nor do I view them as some evil either. They're just tools.

Evinceo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Dec 2012, 5:59 pm

I don't especially like guns, but I sure wish they'd allow Silencers in the USA...

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2012, 3:18 pm

They do, there's just a bunch of paperwork to do and a $200 tax that goes with it. I wish they were treated as any other firearm accessory, but that would not allow the government to get their grubby hands on more of our money.

I have a Smith & Wesson M&P15/22 with a threaded muzzle that I would love to put a suppressor on, but the hassle is what keeps me putting that off.

Cesar wrote:
I hate gun owners

We all hate you, too. :D

sketches
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2012, 4:53 pm

Big fan of guns here.

Stargazinglette
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Dec 2012, 1:52 pm

i hate all guns because they cause ptsd. but the one i hate the most is the AK-47, that is an evil gun, terrorists use it to scare people and CHILDREN.

lady_katie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 5:30 pm

I used to be slightly interested in them. I shot a few different kinds and enjoyed it.

THEN...One day, I chased my toddler down someone's hallway to find him standing about 5 feet away from a gun that someone carelessly left on a nearby bed. That changed everything.

Now I have mixed feelings about them. I used to feel like "people killed people, not guns" but now I feel more like "the average person is too stupid to be trusted with a gun".

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2012, 12:23 am

Cesar wrote:
I hate gun owners

But I love you!

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2012, 12:36 am

Stargazinglette wrote:
i hate all guns because they cause ptsd. but the one i hate the most is the AK-47, that is an evil gun, terrorists use it to scare people and CHILDREN.

Yeah, the other guns in my safe are always complaining about the AK, they say it's plotting against me and it smells funny... Children don't seem too frightened of mine though, maybe because they know it's chambered in 5.45mm and is really easy on the shoulder, but who can say for sure.

- Rick Sanchez

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2012, 3:01 am

I don't hate guns, but I think that background checks need to be more stringent in regards to gun buyers, and others living in gun buyers households having any history of mental illness. That would help reduce the number of these killing sprees. Gun control isn't the answer, because it takes away the right of mentally stable people to defend themselves, their families and homes from gun-carrying criminals... who, by the way, usually don't get their guns legally.

Here's food for serious thought:

If you were the victim of a home invasion, would you rather be able to legally defend yourself and your loved ones, or be unarmed and let the criminals kill you?

Should people who enjoy hunting wild game have their guns and right to hunt taken away, too?

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2012, 6:38 pm

Stargazinglette wrote:

This is the smartest post so far. It truly reflects the brilliant and logical mind of the poster. I can't believe everyone else has overlooked the FACT that guns are the direct cause of psychological disorders, and that they possess poor morals which they deliberately instill in those that hold them.

Imagine the world before 1947, when there was no gun that possessed enough evil within it that a generalized group of people called 'terrorists' was able to exist. People lived idyllic lives void of fear, never worried in the least about the possibility of being shot. Then one day, Mikhail Kalashnikov drew up a prototype for a rifle that used already existing principles of firearm design, but was of more rugged design and fired a relatively small cartridge that was not too long, not too short, but just right. He signed the drawing and the world plunged into chaos. Children began to feel fear for the first time. Terrorism sprang to existence overnight. The threat of death, a laughable joke throughout the history of mankind before 1947, was finally real. Yes, guns, which are constructed in factories from steel, wood, and plastic, (the Devil's ingredients) are the true vessels of evil -- the very root of all war, pain, fear, and suffering in the world. Especially the AK-47. That gun is a dick!

Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to sell my evil AK to the scrap yard to be destroyed, and donate that fist full of quarters to the Children Who Have Been Scared By Terrorists find.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Dec 2012, 10:45 pm

I don't hate guns but I don't think they are necessary. Guns were invented for the purpose of killing. Us humans no longer need to hunt for our food & the reason people feel the need to own guns for protection is to protect themselves from bad people with guns.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2012, 10:56 pm

I don't hate guns at all, and I don't own any either. However - I support the second amendment fully. In the declaration of Independence it states - "We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, That they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and to institute a new Government, laying its Foundations on such Principles and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to Them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness." I feel the people are vulnerable if that safety is stripped away, and I feel that scrapping our constitution is wrong and was written for certain reasons and when people forget that, then they end up losing more and more freedoms. One of my favorite quotes; Image

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2012, 12:07 am

i don't hate them but i don't love them either. they are a tool for dealing with unpleasant situations which would better be avoided if at all possible.

but there is a certain something about the broomhandle mauser- a certain charm, that beguiles me, despite myself. :?
isn't she beautiful? :oops:

Last edited by auntblabby on 25 Dec 2012, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2012, 12:11 am

nick007 wrote:
I don't hate guns but I don't think they are necessary. Guns were invented for the purpose of killing. Us humans no longer need to hunt for our food & the reason people feel the need to own guns for protection is to protect themselves from bad people with guns.

There are people who have a great need to hunt for their food. An elk or moose could easily make the difference in some families of being well fed or undernourished.

And then there is always hunting to help one feel closer to nature.

In addition, the quickest way to destroy habitat for a great deal of wildlife is to do away with hunting. For example, I understand that Texas has the largest deer population in the country. That's because of its value for hunting. Take away the hunting and that deer population would plummet.

There are also issues of dealing with varmints. That includes not only wild animals but pets as well. If your dog is chasing cattle around here, it is likely to be rightfully shot and there isn't a thing you can do about it. And you might have to pay for any and all damages your dog does to the cattle.

johnny77
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2012, 2:46 am

no I don't hate guns I hate people who do moronic things with them.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2012, 6:42 am

auntblabby wrote:
but there is a certain something about the broomhandle mauser- a certain charm, that beguiles me, despite myself. :?
isn't she beautiful? :oops:

Ever handled one? They look so awkward, but when you actually hold one in your hand it really is a natural pointer and feels quite comfortable. The machining on them is also incredible, there is only one screw in the entire gun, and it holds the wooden grips on; the entire rest of the thing is fit together like a metal puzzle. Very cool pieces, I've always wanted to get my hands on one of the Chinese knock-offs and clean it up, since I wouldn't be doing any damage to a valuable collectable that way, and I wouldn't feel guilty shooting it either. Of course you could also go the George Lucas route and attach some doodads to it to make it a "blaster pistol", but why?

- Rick Sanchez