Who like parakeets and cockatiels!?

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 9:16 pm

Or for that matter any bird. I just happen to have two parakeets and three cockatiels and love them very much.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

03 Aug 2007, 10:35 pm

I have three budgies, two males and one female. The female is an albino budgie, one of the males is light blue and the other is dark blue. I love them lots, just like I do all of my pets.
I used to have a cockatiel, he died of a heart attack at age 6. He had an un-noticed heart condition.
I loved him.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 10:39 pm

I once had a parakeet, but one day I was hungry, and there was nothing in the fridge and I didn't feel like going to the store. :twisted:

I lost my mother the same way. :cry:

woodsman25
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Aug 2007, 2:22 am

I had a parakeet when I was little, died just b4 i turned 9.

After that my parents bought 2 cockateels (16 and 15 years old, still living) , an African Grey (13 years old, still living) and 1 parakeet who was my sis's who died after 5 years or less, and another we found in someones driveway, we put them in the same cage, spent a year or 2 together, and died within a few weeks of eachother.

parakeets dont last long, they seem, if they get old enough, to get a stroke, my first 1 died b4 i turned 9 and it was so sad :cry:

My other birds now are alive, the cockateels are old, still active and supposedly the african grey will live to be 50-60 years old. Ill be so sad the day my cockateels die.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 2:30 am

Currently the first bird of the flock I have now has gone blind and might not live much longer. That would be Petey girl, my blue parakeet. She's been with us since summer of 2001.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 4:39 am

I once had a friend who had a mixture of seven parakeets and cockatiels in her bedroom. Needless to say, they drove me nuts whenever I slept over. Oh, and around that time, I also watched my science class's class parakeet on weekends and breaks. Apparently I was the only one my teacher could trust with it!

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 6:57 am

I got bitten by a parrot when I was a boy, so they aren't exactly my favourite animals.

Mind you, that was sort of my fault. On being told "don't put your fingers in the cage", the desire to put my fingers in the cage was overwhelming. Stupid brain :roll:

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 8:21 am

I always wanted to have a parrot when I was little but my mother didn't agree, claiming that I could be infected with something what she called a parrot disease - it was quite recently when I decided to check in google whether such a disease really existed and I found out she had been talking about a psittacosis.

I'd love to have a hill myna - I'd teach it new words. Btw, my dentist once told me a funny story - she was visiting someone from another city and there she went to a shop close to which was a zoo shop with a parrot in a cage. Suddenly said dentist heard somebody cursing and looked aroud for the cad using so unsophisticated vocabulary. And you know what? It was that parrot :D She was explained that the bird had been listening to curses of the drunkards buying alcohol in the adjacent shop :lol:

I also love pigeons - few months ago I was in Cracow and I loved the fact that the rock pigeons living on Main Market Square weren't afraid of people at all :D I fed and stroked the birds sitting on my hands and arms like on the natural perches.

TurtleJen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Aug 2007, 6:42 am

Oh, how I love birds!!

I have a cockatiel, her name is Buttercup Agape. :mrgreen: But I call her Pooh-Bird alot.

If I tell her 'pet-pet' she comes to her perch and puts her head down for me to pet her. :D Yeah, I taught her that. 8) I also taught her the meaning of the word 'cracker.'

Thus is why I chirp all the time. I'm used to talking back to her in chirping noises. But it did start with my first bird of the same kind - she used to let me kiss her head. :heart:

I did have a baby robin a couple days ago, but he died. :( We had him for about one week. I love the little guy. We called him Hank.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2007, 9:12 am

Haven't really taught our any words. But I've noticed that Whee-Ough! seems to be a greeting. Whurp? is why. and the baby cockatiel calls me TserWee!

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2007, 9:41 am

Used to have budgies and I liked them, just don't have the time anymore to deal with pets as much.

natty
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Aug 2007, 12:10 pm

I have eight budgies in all different colours , i love them like crazy , every time i look at them i am just in awe of there colours , unfortunatly i have to keep them in the back room because no space for there aviary in the front room , i need to get a chair in there so i can just sit there all day long, my idea of bliss. i did have cockatiels but i just couldnt cope with the sound they made , both my hubby and i are not fans of high pitched noises, he doesnt even like the budgies , but ive always had budgies since i was 2 so there noise doesnt bother me . would love to see pics of your budgies .

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2007, 12:26 pm

Here are my birds.

This is Petey girl:

This is Peppy:

This is Patty:

This is Caso:

This is baby Pavi:

natty
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Aug 2007, 12:30 pm

Im not a parrakeet
they are beautifull and your pictures are beautifull too , if i can get photobucket to work i'll put some of mine up , but they are no where as good as your pics.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2007, 12:41 pm

Thanks.

TurtleJen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Aug 2007, 2:12 pm

Awwww!! ! They are beautiful!! I see baby Pavi is smiling for you. :D