Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

GreenVelvetWorm
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Nov 2023, 11:35 pm

When I was a kid I could entertain myself pretty easily by imagining interesting or pleasant things in my head, whenever I wanted. I'd like to be able to do that again, but for some reason I find it difficult now.

I have trouble focusing, and I have trouble clearly visualizing things.

Does anyone have any tips on how to daydream effectively?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2023, 9:09 am

"Focusing" and "daydreaming" are two opposite things in my experience. So focusing ON daydreaming strikes me as a contradiction.

But if for some odd reason you WANT to daydream...smoke a little weed.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2023, 2:30 pm

When I want to daydream, I stare off into space. Spacing out is easy since I have ADHD even with medication. I like to visualize what-if scenarios and listen to music at the same time. Music might help.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

GreenVelvetWorm
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Nov 2023, 9:08 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
"Focusing" and "daydreaming" are two opposite things in my experience. So focusing ON daydreaming strikes me as a contradiction.

But if for some odd reason you WANT to daydream...smoke a little weed.

Focusing on daydreams is my goal, I'd like to be able to sit and imagine anything I want for extended periods of time. I think it would be fun and relaxing, like it was when I was a kid

Weed would probably help, but I haven't smoked it in ages because it makes me too anxious. Plus I'd like to be able to daydream any time, without relying on substances

GreenVelvetWorm
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Nov 2023, 9:12 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
When I want to daydream, I stare off into space. Spacing out is easy since I have ADHD even with medication. I like to visualize what-if scenarios and listen to music at the same time. Music might help.

Unfortunately/fortunately I don't have adhd, so I don't have those built-in superpowers.
I tried listening to music, and it helped. It made it easier to turn of the other parts of my brain and go with the flow. Thank you!