What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 247 of 251 [ 4001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 11:56 pm

^^^that seems like it was a good dream to have 8)

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2024, 2:52 pm

I had a long and convoluted dream this morning but only remember one part of it.

In that part, I was in a building with several others and someone was handling a highly venemous snake. The snake wasn't very threatened and he wasn't holding it in such a way that the snake couldn't bite him. I suddenly reached in and grabbed the snake from behind the head handling it so it couldn't bite me. That ticked off the snake.

In real life, while I don't mind snakes, I don't even handle snakes that aren't venomous, much less the venemous snakes.

(The above is a valid, but temporary, e-mail address that is relayed to my real e-mail. If it starts getting spammed, I'll just remove it and create a new one and change the signature block. If you want to send me an e-mail, feel free to do so, but be aware that unless you are using something like this, your e-mail address will be exposed to me.)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2024, 9:52 pm

I dreamt I was in a rental car, that I was really enjoying. then I was walking.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2024, 1:43 am

My wife, son, and I were travelling to the USA. We were waiting somewhere for a cheap method of transport to arrive. A bubble car turned up but it already contained 3 or 4 passengers, and the door fell off the bubble car as they opened it. A few other parts kept falling off too. We were assured these problems didn't affect the safety of the car, but we weren't impressed and decided to wait for the next bubble car in the hope that it was in better condition. I couldn't quite see how a door that fell off could be safe if the car was to go on a high-speed road. Then we were walking in what seemed to be an airport terminal, and I felt glad not to be travelling alone and having all the responsibility on my own shoulders.

Then I was back in the 1970s trying to get past a unidentified woman I (in the dream) knew and rather liked who was standing in the corridor I wanted to get through. She didn't move aside to make that easy, so I went through to her right, and as I brushed against her I took her in my arms and embraced her so fondly that there could be no doubt that I was signalling more than platonic liking for her. She then told me that she'd trapped me in some honey-trap blackmail scheme, that everybody would know what I'd done, and that my wife (i.e. my first wife) and I would have to pay her thousands of pounds. I went home and told my wife who became very cold towards me and said that the woman had already told her. I felt extremely remorseful and guilty, and felt that I'd irrevocably damaged the marriage. My wife later coldly told me that a week or two ago the woman had got us to buy her something and that it had been a ruse to get our contact details as part of the trap. She said she'd changed the details somehow so that the woman wouldn't know where we lived, so that at least we wouldn't have to pay her any money.

My feelings of guilt and remorse were strong even after I'd woken up, as if I'd broken something very valuable to me beyond the slightest hope of repair. I was relieved when the truth slowly dawned on me that it had only been a dream. It's the nearest thing I've had to a nightmare for many years.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2024, 5:30 pm

The last "weird" dream I had I travelled back in time to the Antebellum Deep South, only the roles of white people and black people were reversed. Black people were now the rich slaveowners wearing top hats and hoopskirts living in nice mansions while the white people were the slaves working in the fields and serving food and drink to their black masters while occassionally getting smacked around with bullwhips.

Make of that whatever you will. :nerdy:

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 1:51 am

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
The last "weird" dream I had I travelled back in time to the Antebellum Deep South, only the roles of white people and black people were reversed. Black people were now the rich slaveowners wearing top hats and hoopskirts living in nice mansions while the white people were the slaves working in the fields and serving food and drink to their black masters while occassionally getting smacked around with bullwhips.

I like that. Poetic justice.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 8:04 am

ToughDiamond wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

I like that. Poetic justice.

Adreed with the Poetic justice....interpetation.. :mrgreen:
Personally do not remember dreams much :( ....or am I dreaming but for moments that pass before, i get to recall them.

where ever you go ,there you are

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 8:09 am

I agree it would indeed be poetic justice, buuut on the other hand I don't want to be on the recieving end of a bullwhip. :|

I don't believe anyone deserves to be subjected to slavery, not even white people even though they would kind of deserve it for what they did...

Edit: Also i hope my dream wasn't prophetic of the pendellum swinging in the other direction. :lol:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 8:52 am

Sorry but have inadvertantly , developed an atitude about some of the activities of those against the less fortunate...!
LET THE Pendulum swing . And my opinion is about this is probably more universal , than i am willing to write just now.
( who knows perhaps just a bad morning ) too much adversity regardling me just trying to get the slightest bit ahead in life,today.. or just not having to backpedal everyday ...Hoping for better Dreams/ days 8O

where ever you go ,there you are

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 9:47 am

There's an old latin quote I've always liked that goes "Tu Fui Ego Eris" (what you are, I was. What I am, you will be).

It really does happen.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

16 Apr 2024, 11:35 am

Or the more concise - Sum quod eris = I am what you will be.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 11:41 am

it was ever thus.

I dreamt I was in my late sister's old living room in the first house she got when she moved out from my parent's place. we were on the shag-carpeted floor, surrounded by various electronic musical instruments, attempting to play bits from the opera "Carmen."

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 12:41 pm

auntblabby wrote:
it was ever thus.

I dreamt I was in my late sister's old living room in the first house she got when she moved out from my parent's place. we were on the shag-carpeted floor, surrounded by various electronic musical instruments, attempting to play bits from the opera "Carmen."

Maybe your sister was attempting to visit you and let you know everything was ok? :heart:

When my best friend passed away years ago in 2012 I would have recurring dreams where I would feel surprised to talk to him like everything was ok and his death never happened.

One of my favorite episodes of The Golden Girls was also like this. The one where Blanche thought her late husband George faked his death and came back to be with her, but in the end it turned out to be a dream and she woke up

A very touching episode. :)

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 2:15 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
I agree it would indeed be poetic justice, buuut on the other hand I don't want to be on the recieving end of a bullwhip. :|

Your dream covered your back though. The clothes they were wearing shows that it was happening in the days of slavery before you were born. It wouldn't be poetic justice if you were the target of the retribution. That would be more of a "sins of the fathers" thing.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 2:20 pm

I watched in horror as some terrorists with large machetes and swords were chopping people apart in a mall.

I had a blade put to my neck by a terrorist who looked like a cross between a human and an LOTR Orc. The dude asked me to give him a good reason to let me live.

I replied: "I am on a mission of the new testament and I wish to remain here on Earth."

He sank his blade in regardless, and I remember entering a sort of semi-consciousness before the dream ended.

Maybe my reading of the recent terrorist tragedy in Australia triggered this dream, idk?

Last edited by blitzkrieg on 16 Apr 2024, 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2024, 2:32 pm

8O ^
You need to lay off watching the evening news!

I get boring dreams about watching Dutch people pump water out of swamps to reclaim land (see somewhere above), because I saw a Utube vid about that. But you get terrorist Orcs slitting your throat after you saw the nightly news.