Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2024, 10:15 am

FleaOfTheChill wrote:
You are 18.3% good, 39.2% chaotic, making you chaotic neutral.

I'm jealous!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2024, 10:16 am

funeralxempire wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I think the "lawful" thing has different implications depending on the law where a person lives.
The laws are just and progressive for some countries, and fascist for others.

I'd interpret 'lawful' as supporting order more so than the law literally, simply because Dungeons and Dragons settings aren't known for strong rule of law.

I've never played D&D and don't know anything about it, but that sounds good.

LittleBeach
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 May 2024, 12:31 pm

You are 60% good, 68.3% lawful, making you lawful good.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2024, 3:51 pm

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2024, 5:27 pm

"You are 76.7% good, 43.3% lawful, making you lawful good."

I don't completely believe it though. As usual, I wasn't happy with many of my answers. I wanted to tick between the boxes, felt that some of the questions were badly framed, and that I'd need to write an essay on each one to really express my attitudes accurately. I'd say I wasn't quite that lawful or good. I think my attitude is more like Clint Eastwood's in The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly, i.e. good but not extremely good, and rather unlawful. Of course I'm not as brave or as able as he was, but that's another matter.

Last edited by ToughDiamond on 02 May 2024, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2024, 5:57 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:

I can't see your image here. Looks like you uploaded it to Imgur.com, which should have worked. Is it my browser that's messing up, or can nobody see it?

What's the best way to post these images? I couldn't find a button on the test's website to help with that. Rather than doing a screenshot and uploading to a file-sharing service, I rightclicked the image, chose "show image in a new tab," copied the URL, and posted it on this thread as an image. It worked, but will it last?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2024, 6:04 pm

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2024, 6:04 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
Fnord wrote:

You are tied between evil and good, tied between chaotic and lawful, making you true neutral.

True Neutral

True Neutral people believe in the ultimate balance of forces, and they refuse to see actions as either good or evil.  True Neutral individuals do their best to avoid siding too strongly with any one force, whether that force is good or evil, lawful or chaotic.  For this reason, True Neutral personalities sometimes find themselves drawn into rather peculiar alliances, friendships, and life paths.  To a great extent, they side with the underdog, sometimes even changing sides as the previous loser becomes the winner.  Such people often see good, evil, chaos, and laws as simply prejudices that lead to dangerous extremes.  Like the Taoist masters of ancient China, they tend to believe that the universe functions best when the light and the dark, the yin and the yang, are in balance.
Alternatively: True Neutral people believe in the ultimate futility of online personality tests, and they prefer to simply press "Next" throughout rather than waste much time considering either the questions or their answers. Unlike the Taoist masters of ancient China, they still tend to post their results to the source thread and wonder if anyone will notice. Only very bored people will.
If that's true, then it implies anyone could 'game' the system by selecting the answers that yield the results that they want others to believe; and, by extension, everyone would do so as well.

These tests are really set up to see how suspicious people can be, and who will cast doubt on another person's results.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2024, 6:26 pm

^ It is possible to game the questions, but who would do that and why?

The test rests on the authenticity of participants, otherwise the results would be meaningless.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2024, 6:33 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
The test rests on the authenticity of participants, otherwise the results would be meaningless.
The test itself rests on the alleged authenticity of the writer of the test.

It is only the results that rest on the authenticity of the test-takers.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2024, 6:56 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
^ It is possible to game the questions, but who would do that and why?

Intriguingly, one of the questions is about attitude towards cheating. Hmmm........

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2024, 7:08 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
^ It is possible to game the questions, but who would do that and why?  The test rests on the authenticity of participants, otherwise the results would be meaningless.
Intriguingly, one of the questions is about attitude towards cheating. Hmmm........
Intriguingly, the average of +2 and -2 is 0.  So is the average of +i2 and -i2, -1 and +1, and -i1 and +i1.

The overall test score is just the average of all individual scores.  If each answer is balanced out by another answer, then the overall score will be dead-center.

I don't remember what my answers were, but they seem to have all balanced out.

So if anyone thinks I cheated on the test, then please report me to the mods.  Go ahead.  I insist . . .

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2024, 8:03 pm

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2024, 8:56 pm

Fnord wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
^ It is possible to game the questions, but who would do that and why?  The test rests on the authenticity of participants, otherwise the results would be meaningless.
Intriguingly, the average of +2 and -2 is 0.  So is the average of +i2 and -i2, -1 and +1, and -i1 and +i1.

The overall test score is just the average of all individual scores.  If each answer is balanced out by another answer, then the overall score will be dead-center.

So if anyone thinks I cheated on the test, then please report me to the mods.  Go ahead.  I insist . . .

I didn't think so. I think you're referring to a theory posted by DuckHairback that could be interpreted as being pointed at you.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2024, 12:44 am

Well, but then again -- I'm a flight risk in more ways that one. :lol:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2024, 1:37 am

Fnord wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

No malice intended in my post. I thought fnord was making a point by not engaging with the questions to reveal a more interesting personality trait than the test could show.

Before I posted that I checked if I could replicate fnords results by attempting to balance out my answers the way he describes in this post. The only way I could successfully get a dead centre result was by not touching the slider and just clicking next. There must be other ways but the likelihood of getting that result from 24 questions with 4-way weighting accidentally is very low. Not impossible just very unlikely (even if we assume the weighting is applied equally across the questions and answers).

So I thought fnord must have been making a point with his result. I assume the point was that these online tests have very limited value.

TLDR: My post wasn't "Wah, fnord cheated" it was "Yeah, this is kind of flawed, isn't it?"