Page 2547 of 2564 [ 41021 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2544, 2545, 2546, 2547, 2548, 2549, 2550 ... 2564  Next

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2024, 7:14 am

I very rarely read walls of texts me

I can usually get the general vibe from the first sentence

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2024, 7:34 am

The way my body reacts in the aftermath of me drinking alcohol is enough to make anyone think that I was absolutely steaming all weekend

I only had about 3 or 4 drinks

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2024, 7:48 am

I actually read walls of texts more often than I thought

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2024, 8:00 am

babybird wrote:

Me neither. Walls of text are really annoying and no one should bother reading them. If you can't say it in five monosyllabic words and an emoticon then you're not trying hard enough, I always say. People who waffle on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on rarely have anything interesting to say. That's what I find. People usually say the thing they meant to say and then just repeat it over and over.

It's like, what are you playing at? Do you really think that what you have to say is so interesting that everyone is just sat there in rapt attention, soaking in every word that you write? Actually taking in the meaning of your words, appreciating the rhythm of your prose, marvelling at your selection of vocabulary and following your train of thought so that they can construct a well considered riposte or perhaps, under the best of circumstances, a hearty accession?

Dream on, chum! It's far more likely that they see the words dribbling down the screen, disappearing below the bounds of their screen or monitor and experience a slow sinking of the heart as they realise the effort it's going to take for them to engage with your lengthy missive. And who can blame them, under the circumstances, for not engaging and instead skipping past your post, taking perhaps a single point of interest from an early line and assuming that was really all you had to say anyway.

Or perhaps they simply see the characters streaming away into the distance and find their eyes lose focus, the part of the brain responsible for decoding the signs of the written form of language shuts down and energy is diverted another part, perhaps the same part that lights up on a brain scan when the pinky toe is tickled with a feather. We simply don't know. What we do know is that walls of text are bad and people who write them are bad people who probably live in houses with walls made from text because they love them so much and that's why their roofs fall off if they even have roofs because they probably don't because you can't have a 'roof of text'.

No, I think that brevity, succinctness and concision are the three pillars of a good post on a bulletin board and if you can't manage that, you can jolly well toddle on, my good man. There'll be no supper for you here. Has she gone? Good. I just wanted to say that I think babybird smells like poo.

And that's why I think people shouldn't read walls of text and people who write them should be ashamed of themselves for wasting everyone's time and everyone should learn to communicate through twitches and gurgles. Of course twitches and gurgles are not currently supported by this version of the bulletin board software that WP runs on so for now we're limited to text. But the point remains that if you can't write a short post, you should try writing an even shorter post than the one you couldn't write.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2024, 8:04 am

I'm not bothered me

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2024, 8:22 am

I'm not man-u-fac-tured

Man did not make me in a factory

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2024, 8:33 am

I wasn't aware we had so much cheese

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2024, 8:37 am

'kin 'ell it's blowing a gale out there

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2024, 10:23 am

DuckHairback wrote:
babybird wrote:

Me neither. Walls of text are really annoying and no one should bother reading them. If you can't say it in five monosyllabic words and an emoticon then you're not trying hard enough, I always say. People who waffle on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on rarely have anything interesting to say. That's what I find. People usually say the thing they meant to say and then just repeat it over and over.

It's like, what are you playing at? Do you really think that what you have to say is so interesting that everyone is just sat there in rapt attention, soaking in every word that you write? Actually taking in the meaning of your words, appreciating the rhythm of your prose, marvelling at your selection of vocabulary and following your train of thought so that they can construct a well considered riposte or perhaps, under the best of circumstances, a hearty accession?

Dream on, chum! It's far more likely that they see the words dribbling down the screen, disappearing below the bounds of their screen or monitor and experience a slow sinking of the heart as they realise the effort it's going to take for them to engage with your lengthy missive. And who can blame them, under the circumstances, for not engaging and instead skipping past your post, taking perhaps a single point of interest from an early line and assuming that was really all you had to say anyway.

Or perhaps they simply see the characters streaming away into the distance and find their eyes lose focus, the part of the brain responsible for decoding the signs of the written form of language shuts down and energy is diverted another part, perhaps the same part that lights up on a brain scan when the pinky toe is tickled with a feather. We simply don't know. What we do know is that walls of text are bad and people who write them are bad people who probably live in houses with walls made from text because they love them so much and that's why their roofs fall off if they even have roofs because they probably don't because you can't have a 'roof of text'.

No, I think that brevity, succinctness and concision are the three pillars of a good post on a bulletin board and if you can't manage that, you can jolly well toddle on, my good man. There'll be no supper for you here. Has she gone? Good. I just wanted to say that I think babybird smells like poo.

And that's why I think people shouldn't read walls of text and people who write them should be ashamed of themselves for wasting everyone's time and everyone should learn to communicate through twitches and gurgles. Of course twitches and gurgles are not currently supported by this version of the bulletin board software that WP runs on so for now we're limited to text. But the point remains that if you can't write a short post, you should try writing an even shorter post than the one you couldn't write.

Bullet points should suffice

I don't need an effing dissertation

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2024, 10:39 am

^Pages o'prattle ftw

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2024, 10:59 am

Suck my toe

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2024, 11:06 am

I think that sometimes it takes a lot of words to adequately express what one is thinking. I might be less likely to read a longer post if it’s on a topic that doesn’t interest me (e.g. computers) but it often interests someone else here which is cool.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2024, 11:11 am

babybird wrote:
Suck my toe

:o

And I was just about to take back saying you smell like poo as well.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2024, 11:13 am

My mother is outside in the drug store waiting for the electrician now.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2024, 11:15 am

Maybe I’ll Knick some Halidol for myself while they read your wall of text?

PineappleLobster
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2024, 11:17 am

I don’t wanna do choresssss

He/him they/them
~~~~~~~~~~

Feel free to send me a PM! :)