Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

RockandBlues
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Oct 2007, 8:06 pm

Not sure if this has been posted here, but I found it interesting. Are you right brained or left brained?

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 61,00.html

I found that the image rotates clockwise for me. Some on another board claimed they could make it reverse, but I could not. The interesting thing is, I always thought of myself as more left brain. Then again, who knows how accurate this is?

Does anybody else's perception of the rotation match their prior understanding of the brain usage?

Wrackspurt
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2007, 8:19 pm

I wish it was a male dancer... 8)

She's spinning anti-clockwise for me. I won't attempt to change her direction as that is a bad migraine waiting to happen. I'd say I'm a mixture of both left & right brain user descriptions though.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2007, 8:31 pm

she appears to be spinning clock-wise to me.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2007, 8:38 pm

She changes direction for me; I'm not trying either, simply watching. Started clockwise, changed to counter-clockwise, then switched back again; repeat for awhile.

Three years!

weird_el
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Oct 2007, 8:46 pm

RainSong wrote:
She changes direction for me; I'm not trying either, simply watching. Started clockwise, changed to counter-clockwise, then switched back again; repeat for awhile.

Exactly the same happened when I went there. So are we left-brained, right-brained or just scatter-brained? ;)

rosered
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2007, 8:48 pm

The dancer was spinning clockwise for me.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2007, 8:54 pm

weird_el wrote:
RainSong wrote:

Exactly the same happened when I went there. So are we left-brained, right-brained or just scatter-brained? ;)

I'd guess scatter-brained. :P

Three years!

lastcrazyhorn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2007, 9:06 pm

Anti-clockwise. And then I watched her lower foot, the one on the ground and suddenly everything switched. Weird.

BATMAN: I'll do everything I can to rehabilitate you.
CATWOMAN: Marry me.
BATMAN: Everything except that.

http://lastcrazyhorn.wordpress.com - "Odd One Out: Reality with a refreshing slice of aspie"

Jimbogf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Oct 2007, 9:15 pm

At first it was clock-wise. Though I figured out how I can get her to change direction easily. I can do it over and over. Even to the point where I won't let her do a full rotation, a side to side motion.

OrderAndChaos30
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Oct 2007, 12:34 am

Whoa! I looked earlier and she was clearly spinning counter-clockwise but after a couple of beers she is clearly spinning clockwise! Maybe that does say something about the effects of alcohol!

luckbug
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2007, 3:12 am

WOW that's cool! I noticed that if the shadows always go clockwise, and that if you concentrate on them, then you can see her change. I wonder exactly how it's done though. hmmmmm.......

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 3:39 am

Geeze read the heading on the post and thought someone had two brains. I was going to offer my condolences. One is more then enough thank you very much.

Yeah sign me up for scatter brained, she keeps switching. Doesn't take to awful long for her to swtich, 30 seconds? and she keeps doing it.

First time I looked it was starting counter clock wise. Waited a while and went back to the page and then she was going clock wise at the start.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 3:55 am

Clockwise, then anti- [when I opened the page 20 or so hours later].

"Split-brained" sounds more accurate than scatter [to me].

RockandBlues
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Oct 2007, 6:25 am

When I look at the traits that are supposed to be left or right brained in this particular list, I find that I have traits on both sides. What I have traditionally heard of as left brain traits I never found to be strong in myself. But, when I look at this thing it is going clockwise and there is nothing that I can do to get it switch direction. Oh well, it is interesting, if nothing else.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2007, 8:29 am

She's going clockwise for me.

Although some of those right-brain qualities are not me at all...

RockandBlues
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Oct 2007, 8:47 am

I finally got her to go counter-clockwise by looking over to the side, looking at her with my peripheral vision and letting my eyes go out of focus.

Sorry, for being a bit obsessive about seeing this thing spin the other way. :roll: Things like this kind of bug me when everybody sees something and I don't. Kind of like those pictures in the mall that you have to look at a certain way and then a 3D image pops out at you. Took me forever to see something in one of those. :oops: