What does your Dream Home look like?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2006, 3:07 pm

On second thought. A pine box would better suit me. No, I wouldn't. Don't worry about that.

TechnoMonk
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2006, 4:58 pm

AV-geek wrote:
.................... I would make the home totally self-sufficient, and capable of producing it's own electricity and water with solar panels and wind turbines. I'd also have my own gardens too so I can grow my favorite foods fresh and not need to buy mutated, chemical loaded foods from the supermarket.

I've thought about that kinda stuff too, and yeh, that'd be something perfect to include into my dream home. Being self suficient to a high degree is highly dersirable to me too. The actual reason I said in 20 years on mine was because I was looking for another type of self suficiency, of the economic variety.

TubbyChef
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Aug 2006, 6:25 am

I'd like a house made of wood, a triangle shaped wooden lodge in a woodland. Downstairs would be all one big room, made of wood with wooden floors. There would be a few colourful rugs on the floor, a wooden rocking chair, and lots of beanbages and huge cushions.

I 'd have a very simple eating space with a small table and chair, and some cupboards for storing foods - no fridge, cooker, etc, just a hotplate and a toaster maybe.

There would be shelves of books from ceiling to floor, and a radio, NO T.V!! :wink: .

My bathroom would be a seperate room outside and would have a glass ceiling and a huge bath, and it would be full of plants.

Upstairs I would have my bedroom with just a wooden futon bed and lots of cushions, and little spotlights like fairy lights in the ceiling. I'd have a DVD player up there. All the walls upstairs would be made of glass so I would feel like I was in the trees - there would be a huge window in the ceiling which could open right up, and there would be dark blinds for when I want to sleep.

The house would be miles from anywhere and my only company would be the woodland animals (and my dog). I would live in peace and tranquility, going on long woodland walks, doing yoga and reading. Ahh...............if only!! :D .

rincemeister
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Aug 2006, 1:44 pm

A small messy yet cosy place. No electricity or anything to make my life complicated. The place would be cut into a small hill, so that the one side that was not underground gets sunshine.
Just a place with

1) A room to sleep
2) An open living room with big oversized furniture
3) A secret hideaway in a cellar, where I can sit and read, maybe write.
4) Maybe someone to share it with

Not sure about number 4 yet.