Page 2489 of 2591 [ 41446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2486, 2487, 2488, 2489, 2490, 2491, 2492 ... 2591  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 2:07 pm

ocean wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
ocean wrote:
excuse me???

Bobcats are the smallest of the lynxes and the most foul-tempered too. :nerdy:

your opinion of bobcats has been molded by a society that hates bobcats!...and check your pm's!

Possibly, but it doesn't mean their reputation is entirely unearned. They can kill wapiti (North American elk, not Eurasian elk, which are called moose over here).

I'd much rather encounter an Eastern coyote in the woods than a bobcat, at least if it's going to be a hostile encounter. A 50 lb wolf doesn't seem like nearly as much of a threat as a 35 lb cat.

Also, I'm currently working on some music, so I'd like to focus on that before getting involved in other projects.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 2:08 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
I love flowers :flower:

And I find the "language of flowers" to be a fascinating thing in both Victorian and Japanese cultures where every flower and plant holds a deep symbolic meaning. :heart:

When I was working on a novel/clusterf**k of interwoven short stories I did a lot of reading on that. Just another way to make the world feel lived-in.

ocean
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 2:12 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Also, I'm currently working on some music, so I'd like to focus on that before getting involved in other projects.

aight thats cool

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 2:47 pm

It's a quarter to nine on Easter Sunday and i haven't touched my chocolate egg yet. My inner child wants to kick my ass.

My dad used to do this when i was a kid. I'd have eaten all my chocolate before breakfast and he'd painfully eke his out over days. It drove me insane. Just eat it so we can all move on with our lives!

I guess we all turn into our dads.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 2:49 pm

:lol:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 3:38 pm

I forgot to save some sausages for tomorrow

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 3:44 pm

I once invented a system for piping sausagemeat into people's homes through refrigerated pipes. It had a tap on the end where you could push your sausage skin on, turn the tap on and the sausagemeat starts flowing and you could just tie off as many sausages as you need. I thought sausages should be a public utility like water and it seemed like the most efficient distribution system.

Running out of sausages would have been a thing of the past.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 3:54 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
I once invented a system for piping sausagemeat into people's homes through refrigerated pipes. It had a tap on the end where you could push your sausage skin on, turn the tap on and the sausagemeat starts flowing and you could just tie off as many sausages as you need. I thought sausages should be a public utility like water and it seemed like the most efficient distribution system.

Running out of sausages would have been a thing of the past.

I like this idea, I just worry the demand wouldn't be enough to keep the meat from being subjected to biological processes as it makes it's way through the system. The further you are from the sausagetower (especially if you're also in a low demand area), the longer the meat would take from production to end consumer.

If you're lucky it would only arrive cured instead of rancid. I believe rancid is more likely unfortunately. :skull:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 3:54 pm

I hope I don't get up in the night for a glass of water and end up with a string of sausages instead

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 4:16 pm

babybird wrote:

I hope I don't get up in the night for a glass of water and end up with a string of sausages instead

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 4:28 pm

babybird wrote:

Go to flush the toilet: everything's normal

Go on vacation for two weeks, come back and it smells like a rotten carcass. You spend hours tearing the place apart looking for what's gone bad. Finally you open the tank on the toilet: sausages, rotten sausages

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 4:32 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
I love flowers :flower:

And I find the "language of flowers" to be a fascinating thing in both Victorian and Japanese cultures where every flower and plant holds a deep symbolic meaning. :heart:

When I was working on a novel/clusterf**k of interwoven short stories I did a lot of reading on that. Just another way to make the world feel lived-in.

I have a weird thing for flowers which have a negative meaning vs ones with an overtly positive meaning. :nerdy:

For example Red Spider Lilies which came from Japan and grow everywhere here where I live as an invasive species. In Japan they're actually a symbol of death and associated with the Underworld. :skull:

Cherokee Roses, the state flower of Georgia (my homestate), one could argue they have a sinister meaning being linked to the Trail of Tears when the Cherokee people were forced off their lands by the white settlers who showed them no mercy. A reminder of America's sins when it came to stealing this land from the people who were here first.

Petunias are also fascinating in that such a seemingly pretty flower means something along the lines of "I hate you". They are a symbol of anger and resentment.

Belladonna one of the most poisonous flowers in the world mean "betrayel".

And willow trees are said to mark the gateway to the world of spirits and getting too close to them can be very bad luck.

Just to name a few sinister plants. :)

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 4:34 pm

They laughed at Edison when he proposed the electric light bulb too, you know. :idea:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 4:40 pm

Well what did he expect

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 5:12 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
They laughed at Edison when he proposed the electric light bulb too, you know. :idea:

Tommy, you know William Greener already invented the electric lamp, don't you? :lol:

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2024, 5:35 pm

DuckHairback wrote:

Why would they laugh at him?

There were several people who experimented (with some success) with light bulbs before Edison. Edison was the person who made a commercially viable version of the light bulb and brought it to market.

"It’s easy to say that either Joseph Swan or Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, but in reality they developed upon pre-existing work that dates back to the turn of the 19th Century. Alessandro Volta, Humphrey Davy, James Bowman Lindsay, Warren de la Rue and William Staite all played a role.

The light bulb, then, could be called a cumulative effort, with several key names involved in drafting the process before Swan and Edison created the practical bulbs that paved the way to what we have today."

https://www.sciencefocus.com/science/who-really-invented-the-light-bulb