Here's my science.....they don't. :P

:wink:

Those who know, don't speak.

Michjo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 4:39 am

Quote:
If-female-selection-for-things-rather-than-intelligence-where-making-males-more-stupid-it-would-be-doing-exactly-the-same-to-females.

Heh, that was going to be my next reply. Children are affected by both parents, and which parent affects them more is not predefined.

outlier
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 7:07 am

pandd wrote:
After-all,-since-when-were-brainy-but-geeky-girls-the-first-choice-of-brawny-but-stupid-badboys?--If-female-selection-for-things-rather-than-intelligence-where-making-males-more-stupid-it-would-be-doing-exactly-the-same-to-females.

I wondered when you would be posting to point that out. :lol:
... Evidence that the female population is developing mind-reading abilities too? (Joke)

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 3:56 pm

pandd wrote:
Actually,-since-the-introduction-of-intelligence-testing-Western-populations-have-consistently-increased-in-intelligence-measures-from-generation-to-generation.

After-all,-since-when-were-brainy-but-geeky-girls-the-first-choice-of-brawny-but-stupid-badboys?--If-female-selection-for-things-rather-than-intelligence-where-making-males-more-stupid-it-would-be-doing-exactly-the-same-to-females.

Jeepers, you hyphenate a lot.

ruveyn

outlier
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 5:22 pm

^ Perhaps the space key is broken. That's what I'd use in such a case. :idea:

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 6:30 pm

outlier wrote:
I see no science here, but a lot of other interesting things.

Maybe I am approaching this wrong

We should come up with a hypothesis that is compatible with ALL of these facts. If most geeks in this forum don’t agree with a fact, I will remove it.
1) Woman are out performing men at exams
2) Woman outnumber men in college
3) Working class Brits are vastly outnumbered by working class immigrants from poorer countries in universities.
4) Science appears to be a dying subject in schools
5) Virtually no bad boys in university.
6) Woman are attracted to bad boys
7) Bad boys are mostly anti-intellectual
8) Bad boys outnumber rich men intellectual men
9) On average men do not select woman for their intellectual or money making capabilities.
10) Middle classes are having fewer children relative to the working class
11) Teenage pregnancies are on the increase and will not decrease as a result of the recession.

We probably agree it has to be consistent with Darwinian Psychology too.

One could make a case that woman are attracted to rich intelligent men resulting intelligent natural selection; However!, we no this is over simplified view of things because this idea would be incompatible with fact 1) Woman are out performing men at exams 6) Woman are attracted to bad boys 7) Bad boys are mostly anti-intellectual 8) Bad boys outnumber rich men intellectual men and 9) On average men do not select woman for their intellectual or money making capabilities so intelligentsia natural selection doesn't make the next of generation of women smarter.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 7:53 pm

Kudos on number 9 since men are very picky about the appearance of females. I knew a guy who always had a problem with the way a girl looked whenever he was about to go on a date with them. I don't even know why he bothered dating them.

Anyway, I don't know where these assumptions of women only liking bad boys come from. I grew up in a family of females and most of them are with pretty nice guys.

Michjo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 8:42 pm

Quote:
3) Working class Brits are vastly outnumbered by working class immigrants from poorer countries in universities.

In the recent past univeristies have targetted over-seas students because they get more money from them.

Quote:

Hugely incorrect, univeristy life for most (including girls), involves getting drunk everyday and looking for someone to have sex with.

Quote:

Misrepresentation, girls are also attracted to good boys, smart boys, dumb boys... the list goes on.

Quote:

Incorrect

Quote:

Actually i think this is the biggest flaw with your hypothesis.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 8:49 pm

outlier wrote:
^ Perhaps the space key is broken. That's what I'd use in such a case. :idea:

You-are-a-mind-reader! 8O :lol:

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 9:23 pm

You could hold [Alt] and press [0][3][2] on the numeric keypad to create a space ([0] might be skipped in this particular case), then backtrack and select it and press [Ctrl]+[C] to copy it to the clipboard. Then you can paste it in with [Ctrl]+[V] whenever you need a space. :)

The code 32 is the ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange) value of the space character. Since computers only can work with numbers, things like letters and symbols need to be expressed using numbers. Every character you can type has it's own code in a certain table. The table's exact layout may change between different languages and are called "codepages".

In windows, the standard western codepage is called "ISO 8859-1" and covers western language specific characters like the american alphabet, æ, ø, å, ä, ö, ü, ß (and so forth), the number glyphs (0-9), all standard symbols like , . ; : ! ? - + " ' and so on.

Here is the wikipedia article about ISO 8859-1: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8859-1

If you look at the table on that page, you'll see the code for space (SP) is 32 (decimal, base 10 number system), 0x20 (hexadecimal, base 16) or 040 (octal, base 8 ).

The [Alt] + <numpad number code> combination takes a number in the decimal (base 10) number system. The code for "A" is 65, "B" is 66, "C" is 67, and so on.

The lower 128 characters (0-127) in the table are usually the same across codepages and are called ASCII characters.

EDIT: Typo.

Last edited by Kenjuudo on 10 Jun 2009, 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 11:59 pm

Kenjuudo wrote:
You could hold [Alt] and press [0][3][2] on the numeric keypad to create a space ([0] might be skipped in this particular case), then backtrack and select it and press [Ctrl]+[C] to copy it to the clipboard. Then you can paste it in with [Ctrl]+[V] whenever you need a space. :)

My [alt] key does not work either, but I was able to copy a space from your text to clipboard. It is cumbersome, but effective, and easier than right-click and paste. Thanks for the idea! Hopefully I will get faster at using [ctrl]+[v] with practice.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2009, 1:14 pm

Michjo wrote:
Quote:

In the recent past univeristies have targetted over-seas students because they get more money from them.

Quote:
Quote:

Hugely incorrect, univeristy life for most (including girls), involves getting drunk everyday and looking for someone to have sex with.

Hardly bad boys at all, they are just badly behaved teenagers that grow up to middle class adults.

Quote:
Quote:

Misrepresentation, girls are also attracted to good boys, smart boys, dumb boys... the list goes on

The majority of women are attracted to bad boys alpha males types then those attracted to aspies. There is no escaping this fact if there are 4 geeks and only 1 woman that is attracted to them, then there is a problem.

Quote:
Quote:

Incorrect

You saying half bad boys are intellectual and half are not.

Quote:

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2009, 1:16 pm

Michjo wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Hardly bad boys at all, they are just badly behaved teenagers that grow up to middle class adults.

Quote:
Quote:

Misrepresentation, girls are also attracted to good boys, smart boys, dumb boys... the list goes on

The majority of women are attracted to bad boys alpha males types then those attracted to aspies. There is no escaping this fact if there are 4 geeks and only 1 woman that is attracted to them, then there is a problem.

Quote:
Quote:

Incorrect

You saying half bad boys are intellectual and half are not.

Quote:

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2009, 1:58 pm

MissConstrue wrote:
Kudos on number 9 since men are very picky about the appearance of females. I knew a guy who always had a problem with the way a girl looked whenever he was about to go on a date with them. I don't even know why he bothered dating them.

Anyway, I don't know where these assumptions of women only liking bad boys come from. I grew up in a family of females and most of them are with pretty nice guys.

It is hard to ignore that woman are attracted to that type. This is even more apparent with black woman who are even more attracted to the bad-boy alpha male type. Which creates even more of a difference with woman doing well in comparison to men, amongst Afro Americans.

This also explains why there so very few aspie black men, almost every single black woman are not interested in aspie black as a result they never have a chance to have aspie children.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2009, 5:44 pm

Aspie_Chav, let us suppose that an intelligent woman picks a stupid bad boy to breed with. They have children. The children inherit DNA from each parent. How does this lead to a differentiation of intelligence in the children based on sex?

Any children of this breeding unit, be they boy or girl get their DNA from the same two sources. The daughters get DNA from their stupid bad boy father, and the boys get DNA from their intelligent mother. So why would this make males stupid more quickly than it would make females stupid?

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2009, 1:52 am

pandd wrote:
Aspie_Chav, let us suppose that an intelligent woman picks a stupid bad boy to breed with. They have children. The children inherit DNA from each parent. How does this lead to a differentiation of intelligence in the children based on sex?

Any children of this breeding unit, be they boy or girl get their DNA from the same two sources. The daughters get DNA from their stupid bad boy father, and the boys get DNA from their intelligent mother. So why would this make males stupid more quickly than it would make females stupid?

Look below at the woman with the big ass below. If this woman had a boy child, he would not inherit such a big ass.

If Arnold had female offspring surly she would not inherit this natural ability to put on muscle