One to Two 34%  34%  [ 10 ]
Three to Four 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Five to Six 24%  24%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 29

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 8:12 pm

I've never had any cavities, even when my teeth brushing can sometimes be less then steller :oops: I was just wondering if anybody else had cavities and the reasons why?

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 9:06 pm

No.

Less than stellar toothy brushing over here too (it's one of those self-help skills I need help with).

untrained-aspie
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Jun 2009, 9:08 pm

I don't know when it started, but I've gotten to the point where I neither brush my teeth nor shower unless I'm leaving the house or know that someone is coming to the house to visit. Well...I'm getting better again, but I'm still not very good.

Anyway, I drink a lot of Mountain Dew Code Red and regular Coca-Cola, so I recently had 2 really big cavities filled. Before that, I hadn't had any cavities since I was 16 years old, and they were so small that I didn't require anesthesia to get them filled.

My dad's a dentist, by the way. He's retired, now, but he was still able to fill my cavities by using the equipment and materials at the office of the dentist who bought his practice...with permission, of course.

Because no one else will.

typ3
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Jun 2009, 9:42 pm

I don't remember how many cavities I have. 3-4 maybe. I've had 2 filled for sure. However, I haven't had a cavity since I was around 16.

I would never brushed my teeth regularly until these last few months, actually. I've tried getting in the habit for a long time, and now finally found something that works for me! I have to brush my teeth in the shower, I don't know why though, but it really works well. It might have to do with the atmosphere being unique enough compared to just walking in the bathroom and brushing.

If anyone has problems getting on a regular brushing schedule, I cannot suggest trying this enough!

Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 10:38 pm

As a kid I'm sure I had one or two.

I sure hope I don't get anymore, 'cuz I can't afford dental treatment.

(well, I can, I just don't want to pay for it. -_-)

Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2009, 5:56 am

I've always had problems with cavities (I can remember getting some filled as young as 6), even though I brush twice every day,
My dentist said it's 'cause I have pretty weak teeth. It sucks.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2009, 7:07 am

1234 wrote:
I've always had problems with cavities (I can remember getting some filled as young as 6), even though I brush twice every day,
My dentist said it's 'cause I have pretty weak teeth. It sucks.

That’s my case too. I inherited weak teeth from my mom. In the poll there lacks the answer “6 and more”. I have AT BEST maybe 10 teeth with no fillings in.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2009, 7:13 am

1234 wrote:
(I can remember getting some filled as young as 6),

My mother didn’t encourage me to clean my teeth when I was little because according to her odd belief milk teeth don’t need to be taken care of because that’s hygiene of permanent teeth that matters. I saw a dentist for the first time when I was 13.

Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2009, 7:30 am

Well, I'm glad I got sent to the dentist back then, I *hated* the feeling when eating (especially when eating something sugary) while I had a cavity... it still gives me goosebumps when I think about it:p

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2009, 8:14 am

Yes. :( I have a few, mainly because I had so many difficult things going on at one time that I once forgot to get my teeth checked for two years.
Now the problem is I have a weird sleep problem and I fall asleep spontaneously in the day without having the chance to brush. I'm pretty worried about my teeth now actually.

Manders
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2009, 8:24 am

People tend to not believe me when I say I've never had a cavity. I can prove it - I'm filling free.

My teeth pwn.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2009, 8:55 am

i have no cavities or fillings.
i have not ever been to the dentist.

i always make sure all traces of food are gone from my mouth soon after a meal.
i inspect every tooth with my tongue (which is very sensitive) for any food lodged anywhere. if there is any, i will devote much energy to removing it. i use my fingernails at first (they are clean), and if that does not work, i use cardboard flaps i find on products, and if that does not work i use floss.

also i wash my mouth and brush my teeth before i go to bed.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2009, 9:10 am

Yes
I never went to the dentist at all between the ages of 7 and 21, so they accumulated until I finally got something done about it at 21, when I could afford the hefty dentists bill. They were beyond filling. I have Porcelain crowns on three of my front teeth and two molars went bye bye under anesthesia.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2009, 1:28 pm

Nope never had and never will......I hope.

I keep em' cleaned and I think it's important that you kids should know to floss them after you brushed them. Also use mouthwash so that some of the stuff that didn't get flossed is washed out and sterilized.

This gal here recommends Listerine... :D

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2009, 1:35 pm

Genetics has a lot to do with how great your teeth are. There are people who are obsessive about cleaning and have issues and people who don't put in my effort and have never had a problem.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2009, 1:55 pm

No cavities that I'm aware of...one filling from a root canal, though @_@

typ3 wrote:
I have to brush my teeth in the shower, I don't know why though, but it really works well.

Same here...I guess it's just easier to remember (though I forgot sometimes).