Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ablomov
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Sep 2009, 4:37 pm

? anyone obsessed with WP .. '1 new message' ??

Dianitapilla
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Sep 2009, 6:58 pm

WP? mmm... nein...

but i have this problem with this website ikariam.org ^^ oh! forgot!! I have to refresh the pageeee!!

XD

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2009, 11:48 pm

ablomov wrote:
? anyone obsessed with WP .. '1 new message' ??

Obsessed is probably the wrong word, but if I'm expecting someone to PM, I will have a tendency to reload and reload and reload until they have...

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 12:21 am

YES, if I am waiting for a responce to a message I become quite obsessive about it. I am so dissapointed if I don't see the "1 new message" when I am waiting for it! Also , when I discover a new internet forum that I likewise become obsessed. When I started reading/posting on this forum I was here any free time I had , any chance I got. =)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 7:54 am

I think it's due to the fact that many of us have very few friends, that we crave that type of attention.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 8:05 am

I could say Im a bit obsessed by WP as forum and keep updating it for news when online as Im curious about replies of threads I have entered....

Thats disturbing to me as it prevents me from beeing faster with things I have to do at the computer and Im working hopeless slow as it already is :?
but I never talk to people by PM... therefore I never wait for this "1 message"

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 10:33 am

Dianitapilla wrote:
but i have this problem with this website ikariam.org ^^ oh! forgot!! I have to refresh the pageeee!!
Ooh, I used to play this game... fun times!

As for "1 New Message" obsession... I have that with everything, not only WP. I love getting emails. I have a Gmail notifier program and whenever I get a new message, I have to check it.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

13 Sep 2009, 12:10 pm

I don't think I'm obsessed but I always get excited when I see I have one new message. But it drives me crazy when someone sends me a message asking me something and I answer it and I see they have never read it but yet I see they have been on here since. Especially when I reply to someone in a PM and they don't answer me back when I have asked a question. I always wonder if I perhaps said something wrong and it scared that person off. I just don't care and move on figuring they probably weren't for me.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 2:48 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
But it drives me crazy when someone sends me a message asking me something and I answer it and I see they have never read it but yet I see they have been on here since. Especially when I reply to someone in a PM and they don't answer me back when I have asked a question. I always wonder if I perhaps said something wrong and it scared that person off. I just don't care and move on figuring they probably weren't for me.

SAME! I hate it so much!

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 3:03 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I think it's due to the fact that many of us have very few friends, that we crave that type of attention.

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 3:22 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

May be true for you, but that is not the case for me. I just get obsessed about it for no apparent reason.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 3:33 pm

I like it :), it makes me wonder what the message is and I guess I get a bit excited. :P

SpongeBobRocksMao!

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2009, 4:49 pm

MathGirl wrote:
Spokane_Girl wrote:
But it drives me crazy when someone sends me a message asking me something and I answer it and I see they have never read it but yet I see they have been on here since. Especially when I reply to someone in a PM and they don't answer me back when I have asked a question. I always wonder if I perhaps said something wrong and it scared that person off. I just don't care and move on figuring they probably weren't for me.

SAME! I hate it so much!

I dont hate it. Its just something random to me which I dont give so much thougths about.
That happened to me on YouTube recently. I got a question and made a long reply but never got any return reply. I have thought about what did I do wrong. If the person didnt find my information useful then it would at least be polite to say thanks for your reply.....
Also I sended once a message to a member here on WP, I believe it was you, Spokane Girl actually. I didnt ask any question, just gave comments in respect for something you had said on the forum but I never got reply. I interpret that you didnt care and moved on and didnt think further about it.

But I dont bother myself about it someone dont want to reply. I think its their problem and I dont take it personal as Im talking very random with people online and I dont have any real friends. If it was a friend whom I knew closer I probably would worry about the lack of a reply in a complete diffrent way...

TouchVanDerBoom
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Sep 2009, 5:36 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

Agreed. I don't refresh the page because I never expect anyone to PM me but get pretty excited when they do.

GreatCeleryStalk
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2009, 4:14 pm

Eh. I just get excited when I get PMs. I don't think it relates to my social life outside of WP.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2009, 4:30 pm

I actually kinda dread it...