Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Maddino87
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2009, 7:47 pm

Another one has left the world.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ ... index.html

Quote:
LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Patrick Swayze, whose good looks and sympathetic performances in films such as "Dirty Dancing" and "Ghost," made him a romantic idol to millions, has died, his publicist told CNN affiliate KTLA. Swayze was 57.
Patrick Swayze's doctor revealed in March 2008 that Swayze was suffering from pancreatic cancer.

Patrick Swayze's doctor revealed in March 2008 that Swayze was suffering from pancreatic cancer.

Swayze died Monday after a battle with pancreatic cancer. His doctor, Dr. George Fisher, revealed in early March 2008 that Swayze was suffering from the disease.

Swayze "passed away peacefully today with family at his side after facing the challenges of his illness for the last 20 months," his publicist, Annett Wolf, said a statement released Monday evening, according to KTLA.

Most recently, Swayze starred in A&E Network's "The Beast," which debuted in January. He agreed to take the starring role of an undercover FBI agent before his diagnosis. The network agreed to shoot an entire season of the show after Swayze responded well to his cancer treatment.

In an interview with ABC's Barbara Walters in January, Swayze said his work on that show was exhausting, requiring 12 hour workdays in Chicago, Illinois, doing his own stunts. But he said the show's character "just felt right for my soul."

"If I leave this Earth, I want to leave this Earth just knowing I've tried to give something back and tried to do something worthwhile with myself," Swayze told Walters, when asked why he decided to do the show. "And that keeps me going, that gets me up in the morning. My work ... is my legacy."

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2009, 8:46 pm

My dad went to school with Patrick Swayze.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2009, 9:01 pm

Like me, he was a native of Houston.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

willa
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2009, 9:10 pm

In related news, Whoopi Goldberg replies saying "how weird, I just spent 20 minutes talking to him"

fullfathomfive
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Sep 2009, 11:35 pm

willa wrote:
In related news, Whoopi Goldberg replies saying "how weird, I just spent 20 minutes talking to him"

So Ghost 2 has been greenlit for production then? :lol:

(seriously though, sad to see him go, though at least he is no longer suffering)

john

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2009, 1:15 am

willa wrote:

Awww...you almost had me there until I remembered that movie.. :lol: