Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2009, 6:20 pm

There's a pill to help people grow eyelashes!

You know, there are people suffering from AIDS and cancer and diabetes! There are hungry people in the world!

Eyelashes...please!

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2009, 7:54 pm

XD;
I think stuff like that usually gets made as a by-product of other research. Like someone in the beauty industry hears about a chemical that grows eyelashes that some doctor discovered on accident or something. I don't think a scientist really sat down with the goal of developing an eyelash-growing drug from scratch.

emc2
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Dec 2009, 8:00 pm

It sounds like one that is seriously for people with no eyelashes, rather than a vanity issue.

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2009, 8:32 pm

"Doctor, I've got a persistent cough, unexplained weight loss and have no white blood cells"

"Well, sounds like you need thicker eyelashes"

RampionRampage
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2009, 12:05 am

If you mean latisse, it's actually some kind of liquid that you brush on your eyelids.

What I find disturbing is not the fact that it may cause brown pigmentation of the skin (which may be reversible), but that it may cause brown pigmentation of the *iris* (which is most liekly not reversible).

Longer lashes -- but there went your baby blues!

RampionRampage
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2009, 12:05 am

emc2 wrote:
It sounds like one that is seriously for people with no eyelashes, rather than a vanity issue.

Brooke Shields does the commercial. I doubt ti helps people with alopecia.

Vanity. :-p

roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2009, 2:06 am

LATISSE grow fuller lashes

"you may experience minor side effects of cough, weight loss, weight gain, suicidal thoughts, back hair, blindness, heart failur, high blood pressure, diabeties, pms, pdd, cdd, mtv, atv, muscle aches, muscle loss, memory loss, short attention span, diarrhea, loss of bowel function, incontinence, impotinence, and for a erection lasting 4 hours or longer, you should seek medical attention immediately"

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2009, 8:52 am

roadracer wrote:

"you may experience minor side effects of cough, weight loss, weight gain, suicidal thoughts, back hair, blindness, heart failur, high blood pressure, diabeties, pms, pdd, cdd, mtv, atv, muscle aches, muscle loss, memory loss, short attention span, diarrhea, loss of bowel function, incontinence, impotinence, and for a erection lasting 4 hours or longer, you should seek medical attention immediately"

Sounds like the side effects are worse than the beneficial effects. --If I lose my eyelashes for whatever reason, I'll pass.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2009, 5:01 pm

I think if I ever lose my eyelashes, I will stick falsies on or just not bother with them at all after reading the possible effects...

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2009, 6:21 pm

The chemical formula behind Latisse is actually used for people with Glaucoma. Eyelash growth is a side-effect.

HaliaTotheres
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Dec 2009, 9:23 pm

My friend doesn't have eyelashes, it bothers her very much and I'm not going to lie, I think it would bother me too and since I already have brown eyes there's not much to worry about :P. Eyelashes do serve a purpose though, they kind of filter out the dust and stuff from getting into our eyes so that's nice and i appreciate my eyelashes for doing such a great job :P. I spose rogain for eyelashes isn't so crazy then? lol

roadracer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2009, 1:58 am

I was joking about the side effects, I hope no one actually took me serious (although I am sure there are side effects other then turing your eyes brown, I really dont know)

Johny
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Dec 2009, 5:28 am

Ive got about an hour on my end.. I really shouldnt have stayed on skype so long with D and the gang.. I still got at least 6 hrs to put in at my gaming store...

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2009, 7:04 am

emc2 wrote:

Nope. It's for women who want longer eyelashes.

I think a cure for Diabetes is very important. more important than anything. I would get rid of all my eyelashes if it meant my boyfriend could have a cure.

wesmontfan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Dec 2009, 9:06 pm

roadracer wrote:

Dont forget: a sudden urge to indulge in sex, drugs, or gambling, and shouldnt be handled by women who are pregnant or might become pregnant.....

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2009, 3:45 am

It is a drug that was originally developed for another use. They discovered it caused eyelashes to grow as a side effect. If memory serves (and it may not), the original purpose was not as well served as by other pharmacuticals, so they dropped production for that purpose, but someone else picked up the patent to use it for eyelash growth.