What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 492 of 498 [ 7965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 489, 490, 491, 492, 493, 494, 495 ... 498  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2023, 9:20 pm

i dreamt i was in an orgy. all kinds going all ways. it was very clinical, almost scientific.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2023, 10:08 pm

I had a dream where I was freaking out because I saw a large spider crawling towards me and I didn't know what kind of spider it was. My friend was there and she told me not to worry and that it wasn't out of place at all.

Naturally when I woke up I did a Google search to find out if such a spider exists and if so what it would be. Turns out that yes, it exists. It was a type of tarantula, in particular it was a golden blue-legged baboon spider. The venom of which is significant. Apparently they tend to be skittish, are generally unlikely to attack humans (though I wouldn't want to take that risk personally) and are sometimes kept as pets.

Interestingly, the females live far longer than the males. An average of twelve years compared to an average of two to three years. That's quite a difference.

I don't remember anything else about the dream.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2023, 3:02 am

I was being a substitute teacher in my former primary school (K-6), but some of the students were girls I knew in real life in eighth grade. I talked to one of them named Yana, who was Lebanese. She told me she was getting married to some guy that night. I was really shocked because she was only 13 or 14, and apparently she was only in 6th grade where all the other kids were 11 and 12. Yana said she was going on a honeymoon cruise across Canada, east to west, ending in Belgium. I was very confused, to say the least.

I tried to get the attention of another girl I knew from real life (aged 13), named Chloe. She was walking past me in a group of students. I realised she hadn't seen me in years and I was wearing some sort of hood over my face because it was winter. I whispered to her that I was (Isbella Linton) me, expecting all the girls to freak out and be surprised. She didn't respond very much.

Then I went into an auditorium with cinema-style seating. One whole row was for Yana's wedding party with a bunch of bridesmaids, and her parents were in the middle.

There wasn't room for me in that aisle and I wasn't part of her wedding so I decided to sit with the regular audience members. They were all chatting in groups and I felt left out, so I crept over to an empty seat in the shadows, all by myself.

I was debating whether or not to object to the wedding if the officiant asked people to come forward.

Dunedain
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Nov 2023, 3:07 am

Oh, I have a lot of weird dreams and I always keep track of them. The latest one that I had was I was travelling on a sort of metallic boat, and I found a strange continent on a map sort of in a haze of fog, and when I came near to the "land", it ended up being a sea of magma within the ocean, and in the sea of magma was a corpse of a giant, I think it sort of looked like Shin Godzilla, and I went into that area and inside it was a sort of green plain, and a starry sky inside with floating heads of clowns in the sky or something like that. It was very bizarre, but interesting.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2023, 11:54 pm

i had a dream of my late mother, the first one in at least a year. i was trying to communicate with her but she wasn't hearing me properly for some reason.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2023, 9:42 am

I had two weird dreams in the last few days: one when I was in Japan sleeping in our hostel where me and my sister snuck into China as tourists and she was telling me to be very careful not to criticize Mao or the Cultural Revolution, and one I had a different night where I decided to sneak into North Korea for the same reason but got arrested by the authorities and brought to a prison.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2023, 5:15 pm

i dreamt i was in an airport and i boarded a plane for australia, i had no idea why i was going to australia so i asked an old wizened man [he was white-haired but had an unlined bespectacled face with blue eyes, he wore blue jeans and a blue fuzzy vest jacket atop plain white button-down shirt] and he told me i'd find the answer in his iphone display, but when i looked at his iphone display black redaction bars came and blocked the images i was supposed to see that had the answers in them. next thing i knew i was exiting the airport and entering a humongous white building with an ornate facade of white stone. inside were legions of blue-uniformed security people, including the clerks dressed like cops at the reception desk. i looked behind the reception personnel and saw a football field's size room full of blue-uniformed security people at desks with monitors on them. then i went left into another similarly humongous room and saw something similar except for no hotel reception desk, just a huge room full of cops behind desks with monitors on them. then it occurred to me that i had not made a reservation at this hotel so it was useless for me to remain, so i exited the building and suddenly found myself in nature, in a grassy field with scrubby trees in the foreground and background at the top of a small hill, with large boulders here and there. i was wondering if i could contact my niece from back home in the states to get me out of this mess, then out from behind one boulder came a pack of gray wolves who charged at me, and just when i thought they were gonna get me, they went right through me like i wasn't even there. then after a period of wonderment, i awoke.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2023, 9:11 pm

i dreamt i was in an airplane with donald trump, joe biden, and president macron of france. trump was being his usual bloviating bombastic self and cowed the other leaders into silence 'cept for joe biden who just glowered in disgust and turned away from trump. then trump got up and sat in so close to me that he jammed my body into the seat next to me, and started yelling nonsense at me, then i awoke.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2023, 2:18 pm

i dreamt that in middle age i re-enlisted in the army and was sent to some military base in Iowa. there were missiles on this base which was spread out over a great distance of flatlands and prairies. in the distance i could see the tops of tall buildings. i ended up getting off the bus and wandering through the woods until i found an army barracks that i entered. i searched inside the barracks and found various off-duty troops sitting at tables chatting amiably. then a big wind entered the barracks, a gale force wind that blew me and everybody else around. then i went outside into the woods and found other off-duty troops squatting on the forest floor digging for something. i noticed that none of them had military haircuts and neither did i, with my long locks going past my shoulders. then i wandered back in the barracks and found a staff sergeant strongly resembling SFC Duarte who was my boss when i was in the army back in the 80s] volunteering to help out in the barracks somehow, he and i conversed for a bit then he took me into the "downtown" of the post where i wandered into a hospital operating room. then i wandered outside and looked across a plain that extended to the horizon, and i could see the tops of some other big buildings in some city bordering the base off in the distance.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2023, 2:28 pm

This slug-like creature about the size of a fist was on the ground in front of me. It took wings and stuck itself tightly onto my face. I was only able to remove it by tearing chunks it off. I still couldn't remove it all, and where I could scrub its remains off, it left cuts and grazes where it had been. I was more angry and disgusted than scared. Not that different from real life.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2023, 11:05 pm

^^^that is quite an alarming dream! :o what do you think happened in waking life which elicited such a nightmare?

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2023, 12:39 am

There's a very slight resemblance to what ticks do - when you try to remove one it tends to snap off and leave its business end embedded in the skin where any infection is more likely to spread, unless you remove the tick according to a particular procedure. But clearly the resemblance to that slimy winged creature isn't that great. Still, it does fall in line with my theory that dreams are often a greatly-exaggerated parody of the problems I've encountered in real life.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2023, 1:00 am

i hope the problems flee you and you find your present living circumstance tenable and enjoyable.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2023, 3:40 pm

Well, my problems aren't really what could be called terrible, but thanks for the well-wishes.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2023, 12:39 pm

^^^at least you didn't have the nightmare about the dark webby arm and hand reaching down from the ceiling and strangling you, like i did when i was young.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2023, 2:34 pm

No I didn't have that one. For some reason I'm relatively free of terrifying nightmares, and just get the occasional bad dream where something moderately nasty happens.