Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 1:32 am

I have started walking 5 miles every night. I need to loose weight and the exercise will hopefully make me sleep better. Well when I was walking I accidently kicked a stick causing it to hit a metal fence. I started hearing movement on the sidewalk ahead of me, I thought it was a white plastic shopping bag but it turned out to be the business end of a skunk with its tail up. I ran across the street as I was running away yelling oh s**t I heard a pissing sound as the skunk's liquid stinky scent spray hit the sidewalk and street. 8O I smelled it for the entire walk I was scared I thought it got me. Once I hit this bridge near my house I could not smell it anymore. 8)

All the suburbs of Buffalo have plenty of skunks, racoons, coyettes, porcupines, turkey, rabbits, ground groundhogs, deer, squirells, and we are starting to get black bears. Its like driving in a nature park on the drive to work in the morning. My father who use to give me rides to work was greatfull for my ADHD and my ability to spot things so quickly in the dark.

Last edited by Todesking on 06 Jul 2010, 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 1:46 am

I get a lot of skunks in my neighborhood. They certainly are mischievous little buggers.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 2:36 am

Thank goodness you gotten lucky not to get sprayed by a skunk, it would just mega stink, I don't get them where I live but we do happen to get badgers though. (but only at night).

Rakshasa72
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 7:18 am

When I worked at McDonalds we used to have a family of skunks that lived on the hill between the store and the freeway. In the mornings I would have to drag the old garbage from the night before from the curb to the compactor. You had to be careful because sometimes the skunks would come down to eat the garbage. Had a couple close calls but, I was never sprayed.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 9:25 am

superboyian wrote:
Thank goodness you gotten lucky not to get sprayed by a skunk, it would just mega stink, I don't get them where I live but we do happen to get badgers though. (but only at night).

A co-worker of mine dropped his compound bow while hunting deer durring bow season when he picked up his bow he looked up in time to get sprayed in the face by a skunk. He said it burned his skin like mace plus made him dizzy. He said he ran off and could hardly see. When he recovered he went back to shoot the skunk since he was already sprayed. He said it hurt his lungs everytime he inhaled.

Are badgers known for attacking people?

Klint
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 12:15 pm

I saw a skunk moving around outside my home last week. Luckily there was a wall and door between us.