I'm SUPER PSYCHED! For Black Friday!! !

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 1:22 pm

Target has released there ad! OMG! YA!! !! There is Big Bang Theory $13!! ! 8GB Flash Drives $15!! !! Firepit (for Dad) $30!! ! Some DVD's around $30 (in total buying a few for the kids). YA!! !! $39 for PS3 controllers (I need another 1). YA!! !! !! ! :-) I can't WAIT to see what Best Buy,Walmart,Kmart have!! !! :-)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 1:45 pm

I'm looking forward to that day as well, because that's the day that I will bring my Christmas tree back out. :)

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 1:45 pm

I went to black Friday once, and I don't think I will ever again :?

Not only was it a madhouse, with raving lunatics filling every conceivable nook and cranny, but by the time you can finally squeeze past and into the area where the thing you were after should be, it's gone already.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 1:58 pm

What's Black Friday? A day where all the shops have sales? I assume this is a US-only thing?

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 2:38 pm

I thought it was a stock market crash.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 2:49 pm

It's the day after Thanksgiving. It's become the day to go to the malls and get your Christmas shopping done in the USA. If you have a problem with crowds and sensory overload it is a horror. I don't do it.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 2:53 pm

I avoid Black Friday and the malls from that day till Jan 1st.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 3:54 pm

I'm sorry. I figured as other BF topics and holiday shopping of the past most Aspies dislike it. I guess I'm the odd one out. I usually end up getting what I go for luckily. I'm afraid they will not have many fire pits but I think most BF people are for the big ticket items such as t.v./toys While all I want are DVD's/Flash Drives/Fire Pit. So maybe I'll luck out. :-) and yes as someone else said Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving and when the holiday shopping season tends to kick off. :-) in the U.S. that is. :-) Oddly I don't mind the chaos of BF since I KNOW there will be chaos it's the normal everyday Walmart crowds that get me irritated. :-)

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 7:12 pm

I love Black Friday more than I like anything aside from my birthday and christmas.

I usually show up late...like 9 or 10. After all the idiots kill each other over plasma TVs and Xbox 360s. Last year I got Gran Torino and a couple other movies. Bought my GF a used PSP and a $10 game for it. A year or two before that I got a Sandisk Sansa MP3 player for like 60% off.

Wonder what I'll get this year...likely I'll just hit Walmart, Gamestop, and then pawn shops. Maybe I'll go to Best Buy but probably not.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

10 Nov 2010, 8:51 pm

i am so happy i was never a consumer. just look at you!
I have a couple hundred dollars sitting in my closet waiting for its big moment in a few

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 10:46 pm

richardbenson wrote:
I have a couple hundred dollars sitting in my closet waiting for its big moment in a few

I don't get it??? You were happy you were never a consumer?? Aren't we consumers we buy product. You totally lost me.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 12:39 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
richardbenson wrote:

I don't get it??? You were happy you were never a consumer?? Aren't we consumers we buy product. You totally lost me.

Yeah, everyone is a consumer.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 12:53 pm

Black Friday freaks me out. I don't participate. It's way too stressful an event right after the agony of the day before.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 1:14 pm

My greasy nose-print will be ON the glass door of Target that very morning of Black Friday!

Last edited by RightGalaxy on 11 Nov 2010, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WillMcC
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 2:24 pm

Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving and is the craziest shopping day of the year. I used to work retail, and actually quite enjoyed working on that day, especially the opening shift as the insanity and crowds made the day go by faster.

mimsy123
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Nov 2010, 10:12 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
What's Black Friday? A day where all the shops have sales? I assume this is a US-only thing?

Yep, I think boxing day is similar in some countries.