What's the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for you?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 5:12 pm

In my senior year of high school I got very sick and needed a surgery. I missed over a month and a half of school during the second (Final) semester. I was able to bring almost all of my grades back up to A's before the end of the semester, but the only one I couldn't as hard as I tried was my Spanish speaking class. I was really tight on credits as in if I didn't pass I would have had to repeat senior year just for a single class. I was panicking because I'm not so good with Spanish. Anyway I know with my performance on the final I should have only gotten a D in her class... a D+ at the most (which isn't passing) and the teacher ended up giving me a C (Which is passing). I don't fully understand why she gave me a C even to this day. We didn't talk much and I didn't know much more about her other than her name... which I've already forgotten... so I don't know why she showed mercy or compassion or whatever the word is, but she saved me from having to spend another painful year in high school :)

I've since retaken those classes and passed them in college just so I felt like I deserved to pass high school... also I think I did it as a tribute to her... even though now I can only remember her face and voice... but not her name :?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 5:16 pm

I broke my leg ice skating when I was 9. This man picked me up and lifted me off the ice. That's the nicest thing that a stranger has done for me. I'd like to meet this man and find out who he is, so I can thank him.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 5:31 pm

let me touch her boobs

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 5:59 pm

My teacher forgave me for cheating the day before the biggest race of my life, and now trusts me again.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 6:43 pm

I think it was the person who called an ambulance for me when I'd had a fit and passed out and didn't steal my wallet.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 8:40 pm

A man gave me the Heimlich Maneuver when I choked on a hard candy when I was 9 years old. I don't remember anything about him, not even what he looked like, but I think about him sometimes and wonder what he's doing nowadays.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 9:29 pm

I was late for a class and ran for the bus only to realize I had no fare for the ride. A complete stranger gave me the fare to and from my destination. It was a woman about 65 or 70 years old. Really nice of her!!

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 11:49 pm

I think perhaps it was the time a woman stayed with me and talked with me after I'd been hit by a car. By some amazing coincidence, we were even from towns just a few miles apart--I was living 3500 miles away and she was visiting for work. She also worked in something to do with emergency response. She even had a shock blanket with her at the time.

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2010, 12:38 am

When I was 17 my buddy and I were sitting in a Cafe when two girls we didn't know approached us.
They invited us back to the house of one of the girls who's mother was gone for the weekend.
And.........

8O :lol: :twisted: :wink:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2010, 12:44 am

i was on the side of the road with a flat when a cop pulled over and changed my tire for me. amazing.

IWantYourSoul
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Nov 2010, 5:38 am

Had a stranger help me and my mother change a tyre on my car.

Bunneth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Nov 2010, 5:51 am

I lost my wallet with quite a lot of money in it and someone found it and handed it in to a police station. It still had all the money in it.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2010, 6:07 am

Kaybee wrote:
I think perhaps it was the time a woman stayed with me and talked with me after I'd been hit by a car. By some amazing coincidence, we were even from towns just a few miles apart--I was living 3500 miles away and she was visiting for work. She also worked in something to do with emergency response. She even had a shock blanket with her at the time.

That's bizzare.

Truly the universe does (at least sometimes) provide when there's need.

turkey87953
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Nov 2010, 6:26 am

My bus broke down one day and i was freaking out/meltdown and the bus driver sat with me for an hour untill the next bus came and made sure i got to where i was going safely.

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Nov 2010, 7:18 am

When I got hit by a car it was the truck driver who stopped, and found my glasses (Which were somehow intact) for me. Unfortunately everyone saw the ambulance and the truck, and assumed that I had been hit by said truck, and not the SUV that hit me. That made going back to school...interesting.

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2010, 8:24 am

Uh, offer me to carry my grocery bags?

Bad things don't happen to me much when I'm around strangers. :?

The few times they did, I don't recall anyone being particularly helpful.