Guys - How well do you know the storylines of Disney's...

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 11:43 am

Cinderella
Sleeping Beauty
Snow White
Beauty and the Beast
Little Mermaid

Bonus points if you can name all 7 dwarfs and all the princes' names.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 11:56 am

I might be remembering this wrong, so feel free to correct me.

Cinderella. A hot girl is enslaved by jealous semi-sisters and their mum. She gets to go to a fancy ball and meets a nice prince who eventually enslaves her instead.

Sleeping Beauty. There's some hot girl asleep in a forest who gets woken up when some prince sexually assaults her. I think he enslaves her.

Snow White. A hot girl goes to live with some dwarves in order to escape the jealousy of her step mammy, who is also quite hot, but getting on a bit. Eventually a prince enslaves her.

Beauty and the beast. There's a hot girl and a French candlestick and some stuff, I didn't watch this one too closely.

Little Mermaid. Something about mermaids. There's a hot female one, but I don't know if I should write that, because she's part fish, and I don't know if it's legal to fancy fish people.

The dwarves are (to the best of my knowledge) called; Dinky, Slurpy, Dropsy, Dipsy, Tinky, La La, and Po.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 1:30 pm

Speaking of Disney - a couple of weeks ago I had a dream that Disney made a movie on Eva Braun participating in a casting for a life partner of Hitler. The casting followed the "Blind Date" formula and Eva was wearing a vase on her head.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 1:31 pm

Very little. Disney is utter crap.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 1:31 pm

I've seen all those movies listed more than once, so I know the storyline for each movie pretty well. If only I felt like writing it all down, though. :roll:

The names of the seven dwarfs are:

Doc, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Bashful, Dopey, and Sleepy

The princes' names are:

Charming, Phillip, and Eric. The princes from Snow White and Beauty and the Beast don't seem to have names.

Seanmw
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 6:07 pm

Descartes wrote:
I've seen all those movies listed more than once, so I know the storyline for each movie pretty well. If only I felt like writing it all down, though. :roll:

The names of the seven dwarfs are:

Doc, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Bashful, Dopey, and Sleepy

The princes' names are:

Charming (snow white), Phillip (Cinderella), and Eric (The Little Mermaid). The princes from Snow White and Beauty and the Beast don't seem to have names.

i thought one of the prince's names was stephan,
or perhaps i'm thinking of one of the kings :? .
Perhaps in Sleeping Beauty? As the rest seem duly accounted for

sterfry
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 7:52 pm

Moog wrote:
Little Mermaid. Something about mermaids. There's a hot female one, but I don't know if I should write that, because she's part fish, and I don't know if it's legal to fancy fish people.

I looked into this and it's legal provided the human part is not a direct relative or cousin and[i] the fish is a real fish, not an animal fish. For example a tiger shark or a seahorse. I believe Ariel was half marlin so that part passes.

Moog wrote:
The dwarves are (to the best of my knowledge) called; Dinky, Slurpy, Dropsy, Dipsy, Tinky, La La, and Po.

haha :lmao: This was a later episode when Snow White ate some mushrooms she found on the forest floor. Public television influenced how she saw the dwarves.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 8:55 pm

Moog wrote:
Sleeping Beauty. There's some hot girl asleep in a forest who gets woken up when some prince sexually assaults her. I think he enslaves her.

Fun post, Moog! Regarding sleeping beauty, I think it was in the Middle Ages that the story actually did involve a prince (or 2) having sex with her while she slept. I think she even had a child from it, but she slept through it all.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 9:00 pm

Seanmw wrote:
i thought one of the prince's names was stephan,
or perhaps i'm thinking of one of the kings :? .
Perhaps in Sleeping Beauty? As the rest seem duly accounted for

Stephan was one of the kings in Sleeping Beauty. He was Aurora's father.

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2010, 10:53 pm

All of those stories are classical fairy tales stolen by Disney.

Why is it that in ALL the Disney movies there has to be a smartass sidekick creature who talks with a Caribbean accent?

Dalton_Man321
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Dec 2010, 12:16 am

Wombat wrote:
All of those stories are classical fairy tales stolen by Disney.

Why is it that in ALL the Disney movies there has to be a smartass sidekick creature who talks with a Caribbean accent?

Because they want to ruin everything serious about the movie by introducing stupid, unnecessary comic relief characters to appeal to younger children.

That's the part I hated most about the Disney Renaissance. At least during the golden age of Disney animation the comic relief character(s) actually had a relevant purpose in the plot.

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2010, 12:36 am

Dalton_Man321 wrote:
That's the part I hated most about the Disney Renaissance. At least during the golden age of Disney animation the comic relief character(s) actually had a relevant purpose in the plot.

When Walt Disney was still alive he insisted on quality no matter what it cost.
After his death it is all about money and profit.

Dalton_Man321
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Dec 2010, 1:07 am

Yeah exactly. That's what happens when greed takes over a once-legit animation studio.

And I also wish Don Bluth would make more movies. I love his animation style. He has achieved a near-perfect balance of animation detail and fluidity.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Dec 2010, 9:13 am

I used to know the stories but they got changed over time. Those characters were quite different in Shrek than in the original movies

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition