Soooo much of human history is unaccounted for

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

eudaimonia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jan 2011, 2:09 pm

ryan93 wrote:
agreed on the last point, but frankly I'm just not an advocate of the idea of going back to a Golden Age I don't think ever existed.

I'll second that, we definitely can't go back.

TechnicalPacifist
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 2:22 pm

This is a topic that bothers me a lot. :roll:

eudaimonia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jan 2011, 2:36 pm

TechnicalPacifist wrote:
This is a topic that bothers me a lot. :roll:

Me too. I'm often told to 'think about the big picture' and I'll think, "But I have been sitting here trying to fathom the evolution of society along with the human brain as well as outside of it, leaps in technology over short time periods, lost information, lost societies, and possible divine/spiritual/extraterrestrial intervention.. does the picture GET any bigger than this?!"

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2011, 3:32 pm

You can't apply modern morals and tastes to 12,000 years ago. All of these negative points were facts of life back then. I'm not suggesting we go back, but rather pointing out the simplicity of the time period. I would like to see exploration of the sea floor but I don't expect we will find any lost advanced civilization. Anthropologists look at the mundane and thereby find the big picture using small details that others wouldn't think about, such as dental decay, the pattern of flakes on a tool, the marks in soil strata where tent pegs of a certain kind may have existed, the wear on bones indicative of heavy labor... It sometimes amazes me the inferences people on television make about so called 'connections'. Unfortunately, real anthropologists are usually ignored, because their findings aren't nearly exciting enough to most people :(

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

24 Jan 2011, 2:44 pm

They said the earth isnt round at all but more of a dented egg shape. :jester: :pig:

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 4:14 pm

Dantac wrote:
after the ice age

Strictly speaking, we are still in an ice age, and will be until there are no longer ice sheets at the poles.

The year is still young.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 4:41 pm

Another issue I have with the idea of pre-traditional civilization on the sea floor is the lack of overlap. As you go between cultural regions you find there are sort of overlapping areas of each culture. If a civilization existed in the Yellow Sea basin there would be a hinterland of cultural influence that would extend into mainland China and Japan that just isn't there

tangomike
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 8:03 pm

Ambivalence wrote:
tangomike wrote:
For example how do historians explain the sunken ruins off the coast of India? It had been dated to over 9000 years old....far older than Sumeria or Egypt.

Link, please.
Quote:
There were sunken ruins off the coast of Japan also.

Link, please. I'm curious now.
Quote:
Why cant historians grasp the fact that much evidence simpley deteriorated or got buried deep with time to the point of no return?

They're very aware of that. If you dug up an old skeleton, would you expect it to be wearing intact clothes? :wink:
Quote:
If science is correct humans are 200,000 years old.

That's not quite how it works; "anatomically modern" does not mean "modern." I'd suggest the end of the last glacial period as a good point for "modern" which gives us about 7,000 years of "missing history" between then and Sumer. Given that technology generally doesn't get forgotten once invented we can rule out anything more than small towns and basic farming so no Aquilonian chivalry. (chiz!)
Best candidate for the Flood myths as far as I know is the connection opening between the Black Sea and Meditteranean.

About the Indian Ruins
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/1923794.stm

and the Japanese Ruins

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... -city.html

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2011, 10:33 pm

Thank you for the links; those are indeed the same cities I was thinking of. However both articles imply they are ~5,000 y.o.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 9:00 am

Mankind was even more technologically advanced than it is now.
Then there was a world wide flood, one of the places you can read of it is in Genesis in the Bible.
Everything got washed away and the handfull of men left, had to start again.
Maybe we are just about approching the levl we used to be at?

The reson its all hidden, is that the Satanists who run this world, certainly dont want you beliving in anything found in the Bible, incase you start beliveing in God as well.
Instead they give you a lot of unproven theories for you all to lap up, anything that is found to disprove thier theoires they hide away, they hinted at this at the end of "Raiders of the Lost Ark".

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 2:58 pm

Well, you can believe that, or you can live in the real world. Though I suspect your post is purposely humorous :lol:

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 8:41 am

Vigilans wrote:
Well, you can believe that, or you can live in the real world. Though I suspect your post is purposely humorous :lol:

Yes I must remember to keep my mind closed and belive what Iam told,

I offer the following as humourous entertainment.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVW-GWOmBWg&feature=channel[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mHe211mLV0&feature=related[/youtube]

Plenty more links on the right for anyone else who has a mind.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 3:26 pm

I'm not going to watch almost two hours of youtube videos on non-archaeological viewpoints

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2011, 3:40 pm

Hm, that sounded a lot ruder then I intended. I just mean, I can read a lot faster then I can watch those videos, so if you're going to post any information to back up your claims please write it instead of link warring me? I am interested in hearing what you have to say, I just don't want to watch videos! :lol:
-Vig

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2011, 6:33 am

Vigilans wrote:
Hm, that sounded a lot ruder then I intended. I just mean, I can read a lot faster then I can watch those videos, so if you're going to post any information to back up your claims please write it instead of link warring me? I am interested in hearing what you have to say, I just don't want to watch videos! :lol:
-Vig

Firstly, the people in the youtube clips are not "non-archeologists.
Rather than me spend ages typing the things ive read, click on this link :- LINK
It takes you to a book you could buy that tells you a lot of stuff if you are that interested, if not, just read the book description which mentions a couple of things, and the comments people who jave bought the book say.

Hydrant
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jan 2011, 11:21 am

Anatomically modern Homo Sapiens may go back further than we thought, to 400,000 years in the past, due to recent discovery of teeth.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101227/ap_ ... ient_teeth

It's not known for certain yet if that's the case.