Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

user1001
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Feb 2011, 8:23 pm

I would go there for advice or to ask for help but I would like to know if anyone here goes to that site? What is your oppinion on the place? What do you think of it? How many Points did you get before you where banned?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 8:40 pm

You got banned from there? What for?

I go there sometimes but not often. I think the place is filled with trolls and it's a playground for trolls. I honestly think people answer trolls for the points. It is fun to make a joke in your answer to a troll question when you are bored but most of the times I can't even be bothered.

I have had a troll account there and I had less than 100 points when I got banned. It happened like in thirty minutes after the account was created. Now I have another one which I don't use anymore.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 9:35 pm

I admit, I go for homework sometimes...

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 10:06 pm

I'm an obsessive Yahoo! Answers user - currently on 83,961 points.
I loose far too much time getting hyper-focused on that site.

I've only known one person who has been banned and she deserved it, but is now back on the site under another account, the Yahoo! Answers team don't do enough to ban people who deserve to be banned...but often harass the rest of us without reason.

I go there to answer questions, it helps others but more importantly it allows me to answer questions that relate to my studies which helps me learn by putting my study into practice...Yahoo! Answers is particularly good for this as it means I don't get into discussions with other people which saves me stress. I don't ask questions though because often you don't get answers or people who do answer are either trolls, don't know the answer but guess anyway, don't bother to read the question, or perpetuate ridiculous myths.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 11:04 pm

no because I don't like to get answers from 14 year old kids who think they know everything about everything.

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2011, 11:05 pm

I'm a level 6 answerer. I used to answer a ton of car questions and a few computer hardware ones.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 12:18 am

People like me answer the questions there, so no.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 12:24 am

i occasionally use it for computer related questions, i think i have like 500 points.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 2:27 am

I used to go on it but now I decided to not bother with it anymore and I'm like level 3.
Answering questions on computers.

On the UK version, I appear to be the 4th top poster under MSN.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Feb 2011, 5:20 am

I go their occasionally to laugh at the stupid questions like a pregnant girl asking if it's possible for her unborn baby get pregnant when she has sex :twisted: :lol:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 6:21 am

nick007 wrote:
I go there occasionally to laugh at the stupid questions

Me too! :D I haven't been there for quite a long time, though. The ones asking stupid questions are trolls - no one can be THAT dumb.

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 8:17 am

I used to go there but then I realized that most people don't have a clue they're talking about; they'll give you the most BS answer just for points (even the ones that seem serious).

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 8:27 am

I go there pretty often. Lately, I've been asking more questions than I've been answering. Most of the answers to my questions have been pretty helpful, so I'm not really complaining.

doeintheheadlights
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Feb 2011, 8:37 am

I used to be an answerer in the animal section, I got quite addicted to it. All in all though, the people there tend to be really nasty, arrogant, or just plain stupid. I found that I would get a lot of personal attacks when I stated an opinion that was different from anyone else's, so I stopped going on there, it just wasn't worth it. Occasionally I do ask questions on there, but again there's always answerers who will call you stupid or say idiotic and rude things. Like one time I asked a question about bringing my rabbit's cremated remains through airport security, and I got people saying how stupid it was to cremate a rabbit. :roll:

Plus there are pretty few people on there who actually know what they're talking about, so you can't really trust a lot of the answers on there anyway.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Feb 2011, 2:00 pm

Yahoo Answers is like something Ask Jeeves had like 10 years ago. I used to answer some questions on there & I was promoted to some kinda mod or special answer giver of a couple categories because my answer were rated high. Ask Jeeves quit doing that years ago for some rezone that I cant remember. I've thought about trying to answer questions on Yahoo a while back but I have problems focusing & know I won't make nearly as much sense as I did on Ask Jeeves then. Psych meds f#*ked my mind up to much

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2011, 3:59 pm

doeintheheadlights wrote:
I used to be an answerer in the animal section, I got quite addicted to it. All in all though, the people there tend to be really nasty, arrogant, or just plain stupid. I found that I would get a lot of personal attacks when I stated an opinion that was different from anyone else's, so I stopped going on there, it just wasn't worth it. Occasionally I do ask questions on there, but again there's always answerers who will call you stupid or say idiotic and rude things. Like one time I asked a question about bringing my rabbit's cremated remains through airport security, and I got people saying how stupid it was to cremate a rabbit. :roll:

Plus there are pretty few people on there who actually know what they're talking about, so you can't really trust a lot of the answers on there anyway.

I have gotten messages from users because they didn't like my answer. One time a troll sent me a nasty message about my miscarriage. It went something like "So are you preggers? Wait, your baby will just grow up to hate you" and then that person blocked me. It was one weird situation and I didn't know who that user was. I didn't recognize him in any of the questions he asked or any of his answers I saw. I figured he targeted me because I have AS and he must have read through my answers and saw I have AS and that I lost the baby so he decided to send me a nasty message and then blocked me. Weirdest troll ever. Then like a couple months later, I found out he had AS as well because I ran into one of his old questions he asked like about a year before about AS and mentioned he had it too. I thought that was so weird and figured it must have been random then. Then I found out it's common on YA to get random nasty messages from trolls and you have never seen them on there ever, even if they are regulars. They can be regulars as well and regular members can troll too. It's also not uncommon to get messages from other users when they didn't like your answer. And sometimes they block you too if they didn't like your answer.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.