What does your Dream Home look like?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2006, 8:36 pm

I'll start.

My Dream Home is a Colonial Home, which looks like a scaled-down Castle. It has Four stories and Eight Bedrooms. It also has Eight Bathrooms. It has two Offices. An Office on the Fourh Floor and another one, on the Second Floor. My Bedroom; the Master Bedroom is painted Red, of course. What other Colour is there? I have a huge Library on the Second Floor, which is large enough to accomodate all of my Books with room to spare. My Kitchen is painted, what else but Red, and it has a Black and White Checkerboard Ninolium Floor. The rest of my 25 Rooms are painted pale Greens, Blues, Pinks and Yellows. I'd have Three Guest Bedrooms and the rest of the Eight Bedrooms would each have a Theme. My Master Bedroom is my London Room. There's a Lamp Room with my different Lamps on many different End Tables. There's an Austin Powers Room, which also doubles as my Movie Room. I'd watch Movies in there. I have a Health and Fitness Room with a Bookshelf that's filled with Healthy Cookbooks and Self-Help books on Weightloss. It also doubles as a Gym, and I have a Nordic Track, a Lifestyles Treadmill with a Bottle Holder, and a Lifestyles Rower. My last Bedroom is my Video Games Room, with five different TV Sets and Videogame Consoles. My Dream Home has both a Kitchen and a dining Room. There's the Family Room, where I can hang out with my Family and Relatives, every Bank Holiday. Everything in that room would be Blue to keep things calm. There's even a Media Room with a LCD TV and a Sound System. My second Media Room has a Vintage Console-style TV, with a Large 1:25 scale Diecast Routemaster on top, and a Vintage Sound System, from the 1960s. It has a huge English-style Garden that wraps around all sides of the Exterior and a closley-barred Wire Fence that Chico can't sneak through.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2006, 8:56 pm

I would have a Mediterranean-style house. This could be the kind with red tile roofs, or the Mykonos-style white stucco. It would have a screening room with a 65" (or larger) plasma HDTV, movie theater-style seats, and a home theater system.

In every other room, it would be furniture bought at Ikea (all leather). The bathroom would be spacious, with a whirlpool tub, and a separate shower. The bedroom would be in the 60's pad motif. The kitchen would have all stainless steel appliances.

Tim

waterdogs
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2006, 9:00 pm

A frame on the edge of the forest in the mountains.

natalia
Raven
Raven

12 Aug 2006, 9:23 pm

i like a house like frieda kahlo's, including the colors of walls and the folkloric decorations.

but it would have a library / computer room also.

whiteskunk
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2006, 9:25 pm

The Pittock Mansion. . .without the tourists.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

12 Aug 2006, 9:48 pm

http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com

I saw this on the news and thought I would like a house like that. These could be
the ideal loner aspie housing.

natalia
Raven
Raven

12 Aug 2006, 11:11 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:
I saw this on the news and thought I would like a house like that. These could be

We had a thread about similar tinyhouses on AFF a while back and it was concluded that it would only work for the minimalists. Too many of the rest of us are hoarders and would not fit even our books into such a house.

But it's a lovely houselet for those whose lifestyle it fits...

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2006, 11:25 pm

I have very expensive taste, so what type of house would I obviously get? A mansion! Here are the details about it:

Exterior: It is 2.5 stories in height not counting the basement (but there would be a full-finished basement). The house would have medium-dark red bricks as well as stones. There would be a large front porch with four massive pillars. There would be a large balcony on top of the pillars at the second level. Anyway, the front doors would be a darker brown with oval windows. There would be a six-car side load garage (three on each side).

Front Entry: There would be two large winding duel staircases with wrought iron spindles and a cherry railing. The paint (throughout the entire house) would be a darker tone of beige and have wains coating for the first three feet off the ground. The wains coating (also throughout the entire house) would be completely white. Anyway, there would also be a massive chandelier hanging from the ceiling in front of the entry window above the front doors. The entrance (except for the stairs) would be tiled.

Kitchen: The kitchen would include cherry cabinetry, stainless steel appliances, and granite countertops. There would be duel ovens and the fridge would blend in with the cabinets. There would be recessed lighting as well as lighting at the bottom of the cabinets. The kitchen would have dark hardwood flooring.

Dining room: The ceiling would be raised in a castle tower-like appearance with the chandelier hanging on it to five feet above the dining room table. There would be pillars alligning the corners of the outside of the eating area.

I don't feel like explaining any more of the rooms, but you get the idea: it's nice! Oh, and all the furnitire would be from the brand Aico. My mom and I have that in the dining room and in the study and it is beautiful!

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2006, 11:27 pm

natalia wrote:
TheMachine1 wrote:

We had a thread about similar tinyhouses on AFF a while back and it was concluded that it would only work for the minimalists. Too many of the rest of us are hoarders and would not fit even our books into such a house.

But it's a lovely houselet for those whose lifestyle it fits...

Thats true. My mom (I live with her) is an extreme hoarder herself. Yeah I have too many books. I think now with the net I can just burn them as fire wood :) I have
a massive amount of computer hardware junk I could dump to. Maybe I could keep
junk in a shipping container (used about $1000). There is like 5 million empty
shipping containers in the US (because it is cheaper for China to make a new one than
to ship an empty one back to China, and they do not buy much from the US to
put in those empty container) I seen a news story about building houses out of
shipping containers. Aspie Shipping Container Houses Inc (ASCH inc )anybody :)

natalia
Raven
Raven

12 Aug 2006, 11:39 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:
Maybe I could keep
shipping containers in the US (because it is cheaper for China to make a new one than

Yeah I've seen that too, on DIY channel or something. Wow it's cheap, though. Do you have to be good at welding?

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2006, 12:42 am

natalia wrote:
TheMachine1 wrote:
Maybe I could keep

Yeah I've seen that too, on DIY channel or something. Wow it's cheap, though. Do you have to be good at welding?

Being "good" at welding never stopped me :) I have a mig welder and plasma cutter.
You could in theory learn to mig weld very quickly. Maybe not good but good enough.

Breanainn
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Aug 2006, 4:57 am

Mine would be mobile. Either a bus or some form of zeppelin... That'd be fun...

lae
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2006, 11:46 am

Something like a hobbit house or a hollow tree type of thing. A round house like a yurt would be nice, but if I have to live with people I need a section to myself where I don't have to always see and hear them and where they can't get at me.

I love adobe houses, and would love to build with cobb (similar to adobe) because you can get creative with it.

I would love to have trees growing inside the house somehow.

TechnoMonk
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2006, 4:59 am

Somewhere remote, with a satellite internet connection, like the outer hebrides ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outer_Hebrides )

Something like this.....

£40,000 with 7 acres of land!! !! My own piece of heaven.

I'm actually working towards getting something like this, by the time I'm mid 40s I'll be all set up. Can't wait, 20 years to go :D

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2006, 8:32 am

:)

Three stories, mansard roof, four large bedrooms on the 2nd floor, one large finished room on the third. 3 nice bathrooms with working plumbing (unlike my present 1 bathroom :?). 1rst floor has family, living, formal dining, kitchen, LIBRARY with built in bookshelves. The basement is unfinished but dry and clean, with the laundry stuff down there. Even though there aren't many rooms, each room is huge! Outside there is about 1/2 acre of space around the house, with gardens and fish ponds. :) And a stone wall surrounding everything.

The house is white with green trim, and a slate roof. And wood floors throughout! And a couple fireplaces that actually work...

AV-geek
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2006, 1:03 pm

I would like a sort of futuristic mid-century modern looking house. I've looked at some of the pictures of "homes of tomorrow" that were published back in the 50's and 60's and thought they were totally fascinating. One element though that I would put into a home like this is really futuristic. I would make the home totally self-sufficient, and capable of producing it's own electricity and water with solar panels and wind turbines. I'd also have my own gardens too so I can grow my favorite foods fresh and not need to buy mutated, chemical loaded foods from the supermarket.