07 Jun 2011, 5:23 pm

Supersonic speed would be nice.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 7:06 pm

KyleTheGhost wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
Invisibility. That way I could sneak onto airplanes and travel the world. I could also use it to eavesdrop or scare people by making them think there was a ghost in the house. :twisted:

I want to do that, too! :lol:

Me too! :lol:

But if I could have any other special ability, it would have to be
the ability to change my speech to impersonate others.
Somewhat like shape-shifting, but only for speech.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 7:44 pm

The power to swap gender into a female version of yourself. (y)

:::)

Xuntasi
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Jun 2011, 9:12 pm

Fnord wrote:
Xuntasi wrote:
If you could possess any superhuman power you want, but only one power, what power would that be?

Omniscience.

With unlimited knowledge, I could obtain or simulate any other power.

I think you are almost winning so far, but my Time Control power would still be better. :wink:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 9:26 pm

Xuntasi wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Xuntasi wrote:
If you could possess any superhuman power you want, but only one power, what power would that be?

Omniscience. With unlimited knowledge, I could obtain or simulate any other power.

I think you are almost winning so far, but my Time Control power would still be better. :wink:

But that's only time control. With omniscience, not only could I have that, but I could know all of the possible results my actions would bring, and fine-tune the control to obtain the specific outcome I want with the least expenditure of energy.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Xuntasi
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Jun 2011, 10:12 pm

Fnord wrote:
Xuntasi wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Xuntasi wrote:

Omniscience. With unlimited knowledge, I could obtain or simulate any other power.

But that's only time control. With omniscience, not only could I have that, but I could know all of the possible results my actions would bring, and fine-tune the control to obtain the specific outcome I want with the least expenditure of energy.

If the omniscience came with other powers like time control, then it'd be epic. Unlimited knowledge alone wouldn't be all that great though.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 10:22 pm

Xuntasi wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Xuntasi wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Xuntasi wrote:

If the omniscience came with other powers like time control, then it'd be epic. Unlimited knowledge alone wouldn't be all that great though.

Omniscience doesn't have to come with other powers, but since it is knowledge about everything, it only stands to reason that while omniscience is only one power, it automatically enables the beneficiary to know how to obtain or simulate any other power.

Sorta like being given an unlimited wish, and then wishing for more wishes.

Win.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Xuntasi
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Jun 2011, 11:14 pm

Fnord wrote:
Xuntasi wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Xuntasi wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Xuntasi wrote:

Omniscience doesn't have to come with other powers, but since it is knowledge about everything, it only stands to reason that while omniscience is only one power, it automatically enables the beneficiary to know how to obtain or simulate any other power.

Sorta like being given an unlimited wish, and then wishing for more wishes.

Win.

Epic win.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2011, 11:17 pm

I will be the genie to grant people reasonable wishes.

Markmagnum
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jun 2011, 3:24 pm

I want the power to mimic other people. Like if there is someone that is doing a trick with a mountain bike or a skateboard, I would like to copy them and do it myself. There are so many things that I'm not good at, things I wanted to do but couldn't because I suck at them.

Fly a F-22 fighter,Abrams Tank, Apache Helicopter, any military vehicle just by watching someone do a piloting simulation.
Learn Capoirera just by watching a capoiresta. Learn Shaolin Kung Fu by watching a Shaolin Monk. Learn any of the complicated martial arts that takes years and years and gymnastic skills(I'm quite large, and not particularly stretchy, so I focus only on sports martial arts like boxing,kickboxing, judo,wrestling etc.)
Repair practically anything just by watching professionals
Learn Quantum Physics and other hard sciences because I always sucked at science.
Same with Math.
Become a pro wrestler by watching Wrestlemania 1-22
Learn to speak 12 different languages
Learn how to aim a gun straight(I'm a terrible shot)

The list of things I could do with mimicry as my power is endless.