Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 375 of 2001 [ 32002 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 372, 373, 374, 375, 376, 377, 378 ... 2001  Next

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 2:24 am

Kjas wrote:
blue_bean wrote:
Kjas wrote:
bcousins wrote:
I'm being DMCA'd because some ass thinks he can frame me for something I didn't do.

8O What the hell?

It is notoriously hard to win a case on DMCA, doesn't he know that?

Yes, but he can at least cause a lot of disruption while the DMCA gets sorted out. I know of someone going through this in Second Life atm. They haven't been able to sell their stuff for weeks because someone accused them of IP theft and got their stuff removed.

Seems like a lot of trouble to go just for a disruption to considering such a slim chance of winning, and that he will have to pay the other's legal costs as well as his own, if he loses (which is likely).

A DMCA doesn't automatically mean the matter will go to court though will it? Also, if bcousins and the "plaintiff" are in different countries not much court wise can be done.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 2:31 am

blue_bean wrote:
A DMCA doesn't automatically mean the matter will go to court though will it? Also, if bcousins and the "plaintiff" are in different countries not much court wise can be done.

:shrug: I'm not sure. Apparently here most do if they are disputed.

I brought a case via DMCA to court here because someone stole and published my work as their own. (ex - boss)
The reason I did so is because of the fact that he stole it, and also because he made a lot of money off it, not to mention it was so easily provable that it was mine, and I signed no contract giving him the right to my work. So my case was a very straightforward one, and I won.

If he's in another country, yes, I don't know what happens then, that might be more complicated.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 2:32 am

blue_bean wrote:
Me berry berry sick.

Could be Bubonic Plague.

bcousins
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 2:35 am

Lemme answer all of this one at a time... I've never had this much before.

Kjas wrote:

8O What the hell?

It is notoriously hard to win a case on DMCA, doesn't he know that?

Probably. There was a lot of swearing in the conversation. Seems to think that he can get away with everything

blue_bean wrote:
Yes, but he can at least cause a lot of disruption while the DMCA gets sorted out. I know of someone going through this in Second Life atm. They haven't been able to sell their stuff for weeks because someone accused them of IP theft and got their stuff removed.

Didn't infringe Copyright, But he seems to think that I hacked his site.. Me...

Kjas wrote:
Seems like a lot of trouble to go just for a disruption to considering such a slim chance of winning, and that he will have to pay the other's legal costs as well as his own, if he loses (which is likely).

Tell that to a 17 year old - I mean - We are both minors. He doesnt listen to me.

blue_bean wrote:

That's reassuring.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 5:55 am

Albirea wrote:
Go swimming? :lol:

I don't swim but if I didn't have any pets and it was just me I'd go sit in the library all day. I can't because of my pets.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 8:34 am

Dog barf :eew:

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 9:29 am

not finding appropriate herbs or vegetables for my yard. and i have been trying to chase up my comrades for ages now so she can get me on direct debit so i can pay dues but she is always out and so am i.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 10:15 am

The fact that Pete Quaife passed away three days from now, two years ago. I'm going to my parents place on Saturday to show my parents that the Mod thing works for me, just by demonstrating that I'm not holding a grudge against my mum for reacting the way that she did, when I told her the bad news. I could do the immature thing and avoid her on Saturday and stick around my apartment. I've decided not to do that. I don't need my mum taking away my right to be the type of person I want to be, like she tried to in 1998.

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 10:18 am

My geography teacher wasn't there when we had a double lesson. Instead we had some teacher who's voice I didn't really like, she sounded cross, and I didn't get most of what we had to do.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 10:40 am

EnglishJess wrote:
My geography teacher wasn't there when we had a double lesson. Instead we had some teacher who's voice I didn't really like, she sounded cross, and I didn't get most of what we had to do.

I had a history teacher whose nose bobbed up and down when she spoke. I stared out of the window and wrote poems for most of that class.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 1:41 pm

Friends seem to be non-existant since sunday.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 2:18 pm

My ex boyfriend's mother trying to add me back to Facebook again.

Sempiternal
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 3:54 pm

My earphones stopped working again, Google Chrome crashed, and then my laptop crashed with the same error before.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 4:14 pm

I feel ignored a lot of the time on this website. That upset me today, lul.

Jasmine90
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jun 2012, 12:27 am

I got a Sims 1 expansion pack in the post today, only to discover one of the discs badly scratched. I thought I'd try and see if it works anyway, stupidly forgot to back-up my game beforehand. Needless tosay, the installation corrupted with a data error, I cancelled out of the installation only to find my game now wont work, since each expansion pack changes game data. So I had to reinstall my entire game, and lost everything. :(

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

20 Jun 2012, 12:29 am

I found out that I have a huge puncture hole in my rugby ball. :x

I don't even know how it got that way, but I tried pumping it up again and all the air came rushing back out. DAMN!! !!