Page 275 of 280 [ 4473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 277, 278 ... 280  Next

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2024, 1:20 pm

Jakki wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
^ Well, let me ask you, because you've jogged a memory and you're an Admin.

Do you still keep in touch with Tallyman? I recall he was an Englishman living in France and was a moderator for quite sometime. He was fairly frank about his suicidal tendencies and postulated he may ultimately take his own life someday. I hope he's still among the living.

Rumours have it ...! ( not that am fond of Rumours) : that he reincarnated here under a new and different name :D

Cornflake has mentioned previously in this thread - Tallyman = the user 'Radish'.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2024, 2:58 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
How many people do you know that go by different pronouns?

When you’re talking to someone directly, people most often use their name or say “you.” For example, “How are you?”

That is a good idea but thw word "You" conflicts with the other use of the word "You" so I can only use "You" in ways where "You" is not normally used. Or is used but not used if that makes sense?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2024, 3:18 pm

It’s not something I’ve found challenging in any way. When I’m talking to a friend who identifies as female, I’m unlikely to use “she” at all. The only time I would use “she” is if I’m speaking to someone else about her. I’ve only known a couple of trans folks and one or two individuals who go by they/them. Talking to or about them (only fondly) was never an issue. How many people do you know personally in which this would be a concern?

Transphobia is apparent when people make pronouns and other issues into a much bigger deal than they are. Of course, conservative media, which is often transphobic, seems to be largely to blame for this stuff. Sometimes conservative outlets act like a couple of pronouns are signaling the end of civilization as we know it. :lol:

It’s okay for people to lack information/knowledge, ask questions, and learn. It’s more of a problem when they refuse to learn, despite individuals striving to help them, and openly whine and complain about trans or LGBTQ+ issues repeatedly. People who are trans shouldn’t have to put up with that. I wouldn’t like it if folks whined about using “she” to refer to me or consistently made other disparaging remarks about my identity as a woman. It’s the same thing.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2024, 5:11 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
But with the many new genders and each group wanting to be called different pronouns my mind just can't do it and I go back to the he or she mode otherwize I don't want to talk incase I get it wrong. I did want to call everyone the same word be they straight or gay when this came in by calling everyone "It" as in my mind I can do that, but people from all sides get offended by that.

I can sympathize with difficulties when people insist on neo-pronouns that most people aren't familiar with, but it shouldn't be that hard to remember that transwomen are women and use the standard feminine pronouns and that transmen are men and use the standard masculine pronouns.

If a poster insists on referring to transmen with she and her long after it's been clearly communicated to them repeatedly there comes a point where they no longer deserve the benefit of the doubt and deserve to be treated as though they're intentionally being malicious.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2024, 9:55 am

Taupey and Tequila

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2024, 2:47 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
But with the many new genders and each group wanting to be called different pronouns my mind just can't do it and I go back to the he or she mode otherwize I don't want to talk incase I get it wrong. I did want to call everyone the same word be they straight or gay when this came in by calling everyone "It" as in my mind I can do that, but people from all sides get offended by that.

I can sympathize with difficulties when people insist on neo-pronouns that most people aren't familiar with, but it shouldn't be that hard to remember that transwomen are women and use the standard feminine pronouns and that transmen are men and use the standard masculine pronouns.

If a poster insists on referring to transmen with she and her long after it's been clearly communicated to them repeatedly there comes a point where they no longer deserve the benefit of the doubt and deserve to be treated as though they're intentionally being malicious.

Thanks for sympathizing.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2024, 3:07 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

The "neopronouns" seem to be dying out now anyway, replaced with "singular they/them" Which is more standardised, much easier to remember and solves another linguistic problem at the same time: unspecified or unknown gender. I've drifted into a Facebook group with a strong trans / nonbinary presence, and "they / them" seems to get me through just fine.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2024, 4:12 pm

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

The "neopronouns" seem to be dying out now anyway, replaced with "singular they/them" Which is more standardised, much easier to remember and solves another linguistic problem at the same time: unspecified or unknown gender. I've drifted into a Facebook group with a strong trans / nonbinary presence, and "they / them" seems to get me through just fine.

Thankfully.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 12:43 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Taupey and Tequila

Taupey was one of a kind.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 1:25 am

auntblabby wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
Taupey and Tequila

Taupey was one of a kind.

A real Sweet Pea :mrgreen:

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 3:25 pm

I haven’t seen Mona in awhile. I hope she is doing well.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 6:55 pm

DW_a_mom

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 8:04 pm

I wonder where naturalplastic is?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 8:55 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
I haven’t seen Mona in awhile. I hope she is doing well.

She runs a few chat groups. She participated in the Monday night one.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 8:58 pm

That’s good to know.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2024, 9:11 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
I wonder where naturalplastic is?

He was here not so long ago. Hope he is ok.