Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

angelsonthemoon
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Yesterday, 9:11 pm

I mainly use ChatGPT but it's fine to use other things too.

angelsonthemoon

Yesterday, 9:15 pm

My prompt : write a seinfeld style comedy opener as seen in the seinfeld tv based around the theme of autism

Response:

(Setting: Jerry Seinfeld is on stage at a comedy club, delivering his stand-up routine.)

Jerry: So, what's the deal with autism? I mean, people talk about it like it's this big, mysterious thing. "He's on the spectrum." "She's on the spectrum." You know what? We're all on a spectrum! Some of us are just further along in our obsession with breakfast cereal.

(Laughter)

Jerry: Seriously, you ever notice how people with autism can have these amazing, super-focused interests? Like, they can tell you everything about trains, or dinosaurs, or... I don't know, 18th-century European coinage. Meanwhile, I'm over here struggling to remember where I parked my car!

(More laughter)

Jerry: And then there's the whole sensory thing. Bright lights, loud noises, overwhelming crowds. It's like a rock concert every time they walk into a grocery store. I'm just trying to pick out a cantaloupe, and they're out there living in an IMAX movie.

(Audience chuckles)

Jerry: But you know what I love? The honesty. People with autism, they don’t sugarcoat it. They tell it like it is. You ask, "How do I look in this shirt?" And they say, "Like you slept in it." No fluff, no nonsense. It's refreshing! Meanwhile, your neurotypical friends are like, "Oh, it's... different." Yeah, different bad!

(Laughter and applause)

Jerry: And let's not forget routines. Oh, they love their routines. They find comfort in them. I'm the same way with my cereal in the morning. If my box of Cheerios isn’t there, my whole day’s off. But for them, it’s like, "Nope, if the left sock goes on first, the world might implode."

(More laughter)

Jerry: But really, the best part? They see the world in a way that we just can't. Details, patterns, connections. It's like having a superpower. They’re the real superheroes, folks. We're just the sidekicks trying to keep up.

(Cheers and applause)

Jerry: So, the next time you meet someone with autism, just remember: They might be on a different part of the spectrum, but we're all on it together. And who knows, they might just teach you something amazing about dinosaurs... or coinage.

(Closing laughter and applause)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

40 minutes ago

Hmmmm...

That isnt too bad actually.

As humor, and as a replication of Sienfeld's particular style of humor, its not far off the mark.

As an exposition on autism...its flawed (an autistic who monologues about Shakespeare, or about Looney Tunes Cartoons, is ALSO likely to forget where they "parked their car" if they can drive in the first place...precisely because they spend all of their time thinking about Shakespeare, or about Looney Tunes). But even so...that IA has a better grasp of autism than do most of the flesh and blood humans Ive conversed with.