Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

nilescrane
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 1:39 am

I was never one for astrology or any of that new age stuff, but I noticed a trend with my dating. First girl I dated was a taurus, second girl taurus with the same birthday (different year), girl I went on a great date with last night was a taurus. All dark hair, fair skinned, irish. Is this just coincedence or is something in the cards here?

Any aspies into astrology that could shed light on this? I'm a libra (though I don't fit the definition of one at all) but anyway, is there some kind of connection between libras and tauruses?

(Also I don't only like pale skinned dark haired women...it's one type I like, but I see plenty of other types of women both physically and personality speaking that I like.)

I realize this might belong in love and dating but not allowed to post there and frankly most of the people that post there are just whiners anyway "why don't I have a boyfriend/girlfriend?" more so than solid convo.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 1:59 am

nilescrane wrote:
I was never one for astrology or any of that new age stuff, but I noticed a trend with my dating. First girl I dated was a taurus, second girl taurus with the same birthday (different year), girl I went on a great date with last night was a taurus. All dark hair, fair skinned, irish. Is this just coincedence or is something in the cards here?

Any aspies into astrology that could shed light on this? I'm a libra (though I don't fit the definition of one at all) but anyway, is there some kind of connection between libras and tauruses?

(Also I don't only like pale skinned dark haired women...it's one type I like, but I see plenty of other types of women both physically and personality speaking that I like.)

I realize this might belong in love and dating but not allowed to post there and frankly most of the people that post there are just whiners anyway "why don't I have a boyfriend/girlfriend?" more so than solid convo.

There are 2 possible explanations for this:

1. You are an incredibly picky stalker.

or

2. You were a cattle rancher in a past life.

nilescrane
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 2:10 am

Had no idea about any of their birthdays until going on the dates lol. Also the first two women and the new one fell on my lap. Sure I had to do work, be the aggressive male that asked them out, but they just kind of popped into my life, no joke.

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 2:16 am

Think of it this way: If a million people each flip a coin twenty times, then it is almost certain that some of the people will get twenty heads in a row.

If astrology is false, then it is still statistically likely that insane astrological coincidences happen every day. You are just the lucky recipient of one of these insane coincidences.

Sagroth
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 2:20 am

nilescrane, might I suggest you drop the moderator known as Moog a PM? He is very well researched on the topic and happy to share.

lostmyself
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Feb 2012, 2:22 am

I have a thing for people with a lot of libra or virgo in their charts esp virgo. I also noticed I am physically attracted to taureans, but I don't get along with them. Maybe Tuareans are an attractive lot. :P As for me I have a very mixed chart but leo, gemini and libra and play a major role I think. I just started looking into doing charts and stuff so I don't know how it works exactly..

nilescrane
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 2:28 am

Sag, thanks. Moog and I are friendly and have conversed before and he's helped me out with other stuff, so this should be interesting.

Like I said though while I do prefer brunettes it's not a requirement in any way. I do seem to have a thing for fair skinned women though regardless of hair color.

Peter_L
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Feb 2012, 5:54 am

I don't beleive in astrology, and I won't until someone explains the mechanism by which the relative position celestial objects occupy (as observed from earth) effect the actions of people on earth.

And let's look up a horoscope!

Quote:
You dream up a smart answer to a problem that nobody else had seen coming — and, miracle of miracles, you manage to get the right people to listen in time to do something about it!

Oh, well that's perfectly clear. I mean, it's obviously not written in a way that describes an action that people naturally perform EVERY SINGLE MONTH! The entire point and purpose of these things is to describe a common experience and then expect you to assign the meaning to it.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 6:16 am

Well, there is something in the claim that the time of your birth - or rather, time of your conception - affects you, though that's more to do with environmental effects in the womb (and would reverse, I expect, in the southern hemisphere, since someone born in June there would have been conceived in spring rather than autumn). Though I want to see a comprehensive study comparing the hemispheres, as well as a control of those born on the equator, before I'll think of putting much weight on it.

Certainly, though, celestial objects and our distance to them does affect peoples actions on Terra. Just not in the way the Astrologers believe. For example, a large moon during a particular month could result in a birth spike 9 months later...

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 8:12 am

(Thread moved from Autism discussion to Random)

infinitenull
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 8:37 am

History has a rhythm and people sometimes (not always) find their place in that rhythm based on when they were born (I doubt it has anything to do with stars personally).

My real guess however, is the reason that horoscopes work for some people is they first read the description of who it says they are... they agree with some and conform with the rest (something that people here have debated about ASD actually... hmmm interesting)

Then by conforming to this identity their experience is easier to predict. Loop back in the rhythm of history and all the sudden you can say "This month your career will take an unexpected turn"

Well if most companies lay off / do reviews / give out bonuses / set up their annual goals right around the turn of the year, then there is high probability that at least some sort of take of "unexpected turn" will happen that month...

Now plop the personality type back in... say Leo who is known for go-getterness or something like that.

"This month you will fight to get the most out of the events to come at your workplace"

tada I am an astrologer and know nothing about the stars :)

This being said (back to the OP I go),

First off, you knew they were all Tauruses which means they likely at least somewhat believe in astrology. This means they have likely read their profile and agree with some and conformed to the other.

next, you mentioned reoccurring traits in other areas (hair and skin)...

Finally, I bet if you really dug in that you would find a few other things in common between them.

And then put it all together and all you can know for sure is that you have a type of girl that you are best with bonding with for a romantic connection :)

If you take all of the things in common between them and consider them when getting into your next relationship you can make sure to avoid the things that you dont like and stick with the characteristics that you do like!

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 12:09 pm

I tend to date Virgos and Scorpios. :shrug:

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 12:23 pm

I have learned vedic astrology and tarot

Astrology was written by Ancient Rishi's of India using their spiritual powers
The early reference of astrology can be found in Rigveda (the oldest text)

The moment a person is born the planet on the eastern hemisphere is considered to be
part of the ascendant

The place of birth, time of birth, and date of birth plays a important significance
In India astrology is considered very important

Right after birth of child a astrologer is contacted to cast horoscope and
predict things

Lord Buddha's family astrologer had foretold that someday he will be a Sanyasi
the prophecy turned out true.

Alongwith astrology, palmistry is very accurate and combining it with astrology gives great result

I am totally repelled with scorpions. I cant even stand scorpions and they seem to hate me too.
I am attracted towards water signs like Pisces, Cancer etc they are cool and understanding.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 3:41 pm

Declension wrote:
Think of it this way: If a million people each flip a coin twenty times, then it is almost certain that some of the people will get twenty heads in a row.

The percentage chance of that happening is something less than 0.0001%. That's greater than 1,000,000 to 1. This is not to say that it is inevitable that 1 out of 1,048,576 people will be certain to get 20 'heads' in a row, but that the odds of it happening are literally microscopic.

Declension wrote:
If astrology is false, then it is still statistically likely that insane astrological coincidences happen every day. You are just the lucky recipient of one of these insane coincidences.

a. There is no valid empirical evidence to support any claim of accuracy in astrological predictions.
b. Absence of evidence, while not evidence of absence, is sufficient cause for reasonable doubt.
: : It is reasonable to doubt the validity of any claim of accuracy in astrological predictions.

Conversely, it is unreasonable to believe in the validity of any claim of accuracy in astrological predictions.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 5:48 pm

Magneto wrote:
Certainly, though, celestial objects and our distance to them does affect peoples actions on Terra. Just not in the way the Astrologers believe. For example, a large moon during a particular month could result in a birth spike 9 months later...

A large moon? Does it change size?

There are many different ideas about astrology among astrologers, so it's not at all fair to treat them as a singular bunch.

Saying "Astrologers believe (whatever)" is like saying "Americans are republicans"

Last edited by Moog on 02 Feb 2012, 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2012, 9:57 pm

Both of my boyfriends have been Aquarians born on the same day...but it's a coinkidink .