Should I get a Monster Energy drink shirt?

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2012, 2:02 pm

Well, Monster is running a promotion where you send them X number of Monster tabs and you get a shirt, a beanie, or a hoodie, or some stickers or something, you gotta pay $5 shipping, though. Which is lame, and more expensive than I usually pay for shirts and hoodies at Salvation Army.

I do in fact enjoy Monster energy drinks, though I think Redbull is superior as an energy drink. However, I think wearing Monster Energy Drink shirts might make me look, well, like a tool. It seems about the same level of lameness as wearing Tapout, Affliction, or UFC related shirts. I'm also 21, which makes me a bit old to wear Monster Energy Drink shirts I think. But, it's a promotion and stuff, it seems sorta fun.

So should I do it, or will I look like a douchebag wearing around my Monster Energy Drink T-Shirt?

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2012, 2:05 pm

If you like the t-shirt then I don't see why not.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2012, 2:08 pm

Monster with the pea green logo. Mmmmm. Sure. :)

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2012, 2:17 pm

MONKEY wrote:

I agree. An autism forum might not be the right spot for this question, your mostly just going to get answers of where what you like, who cares what others think, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Sorry for odd grammar, on my kindle

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2012, 3:39 pm

My personal opinion would be that you would probably look like a douchebag.

Or nobody would care.

But who cares what other people think.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2012, 3:43 pm

I think you should stick with your instincts

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

16 May 2012, 3:51 pm

It's your money, use it on what you want to use it on

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2012, 7:06 pm

I'd wear a Monster Energy T-shirt. I'm the same age as you are and I don't even drink it, but I love shirts with logos and stuff on it.

Though maybe I'm not the best person to receive fashion advice from since I'm currently wearing a sequined pink tanktop with the word "Passion" and a pineapple on it, and pink Hawaiian shorts.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2012, 7:23 pm

My friend used to collect the tabs from Monster drinks, he would drink 4 or 5 a day. He doesn't drink them anymore. He began having symptoms his doctor described as "very similar to Addison's Disease" and it was recommended he stop drinking energy drinks permanently. My point is, if you want a Monster shirt, buy it online, don't buy a s**t ton of cans just for the tabs :/ your renal and adrenal health is worth more than that sugary liquid garbage

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2012, 10:19 am

Good Point. Also though, I personally wouldn't where a t-shirt that was advertising somebody elses product. Its just something I wouldn't do.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 May 2012, 12:22 pm

I have no opinion as to whether or not you should wear it, but It's definitely NOT lame or nerdish. Usually if somebody has that shirt, they're into xtreme sports, but nobody knows if you are or not, and they probably don't care. If you're a tech geek, and you show up in a backwards flatbill SRH hat and a Monster shirt, the moto bros might make fun, so what I'm saying is that anyone who wears clothing of a certain "look", probably should have at least some same interests as whatever group the clothing represents. I have a few Monster Energy shirts. I have friends in their 20s who ride motocross, and most of them have shirts with Monster Energy and other companies that sponsor FMX and Supercross. Usually the shirt will have something else besides just the Monster logo; maybe Fox or DC, etc.

Charles

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2012, 1:02 pm

Graphic tees are rarely stylish but I say buy it if you really want it and do what you like, screw everyone. Be a hipster and make it stylish on your own, soon everyone in the indie scene will be copying you.

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2012, 1:08 pm

I only wear plain shirts for the reason that I don't like advertising for companies. I would certainly wear whatever you feel comfortable with. So the question is: Do you want to be observed as a supporter or unofficial sponsor of that particular energy drink?

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2012, 1:10 pm

Delphiki wrote:
MONKEY wrote:

I agree. An autism forum might not be the right spot for this question, your mostly just going to get answers of where what you like, who cares what others think, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Sorry for odd grammar, on my kindle

Yeah, I am not sure of the purpose of the question when the answer is obvious.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2012, 1:49 pm

Actually for a long time I've just worn plain work T-shirts, but I've started going to college and wondered if I should change that and mix it up with some patterned shirts or something with an image I relate to.

I did browse some shirts at Walmart while thinking about this, but mostly saw comic book stuff or gothic designs with skulls or Wolf-Moon shirts. I don't think any of that is going to work and can't see myself wearing a Punisher skull design.

So I might just keep an eye out. A long time ago I did have an MC Escher patterned shirt and I think I'd like to go that direction.

But aside from my little tangent thought I could see getting the Monster shirt if it's just a basic thing with the 3 green slash marks. If someone bugs you just BS them and say it was a free promo thing. But be modest about becoming a human billboard. If you have to much Monster "stuff" like a car decal and hat then I think it would be a little weird.

Personally, I think energy drinks are the latest legal drug. I'd recommend caution for people who consume these things. I was a commercial driver and I thought they were addicting. I quit them and still sometimes miss my Venom drinks.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2012, 1:54 pm

VIDEODROME wrote:
Personally, I think energy drinks are the latest legal drug. I'd recommend caution for people who consume these things. I was a commercial driver and I thought they were addicting. I quit them and still sometimes miss my Venom drinks.

I agree, and what really disgusts me is that they are frequently marketed at young athletes, or young people in general. People not done developing. I do not think they should be legal for sale to people younger than 18