Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 10:07 pm

Nah. I have good reason to be angry. I used to turn that inward and hate myself, and now I've started to hate those who are responsible. Your idealism is very nice and all but I'm not bound to it, nor am I Hitler because I'm angry (there's some logic there).

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 10:09 pm

There's a reason I said Hitler at the very extreme...I don't spout shock BS to try to convince people, it'd just harm my case. I imagine the worst someone on here would do is shoot up a workplace but even then we are more peaceful than the normal people.

I am similar Nonperson.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

Doubutsu
Raven
Raven

14 Aug 2012, 11:45 pm

Misanthropes are humans too.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 12:06 am

With the multi trillion dollar LIBOR manipulation, the multi trillion dollar war over non existent WMDs, the corporate officers that looted their companies and were punished with trillions in bailout dollars instead of going to prison, with....... You're worried that you're being paranoid about conspiracies? But I guess these things aren't conspiracies since they more or less happen in the open and the masses just accept them. If only the masses were more angry....

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 12:13 am

Humanity could very well be pointless, existence in general might even be pointless....I guess to most humans it isn't but its very possible as far as the entire universe is concerned humanity is not very important.

As for society, with or without society everyone dies.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 12:27 am

I find my hostility towards the world can be useful at times. It is an energy and I can use it to power myself, physically, or overcome physical pain. I do not find it useful to express in any sort of depth in a forum such as this. This seems like an exercise in futility, and there is nothing more disempowering than futile anger. I suppose I am not truly misanthropic though - I don't hate humanity, I am just angry with humanity.

HomoEconomicus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Aug 2012, 2:36 am

Nonperson wrote:
Nah. I have good reason to be angry. I used to turn that inward and hate myself, and now I've started to hate those who are responsible. Your idealism is very nice and all but I'm not bound to it, nor am I Hitler because I'm angry (there's some logic there).

I agree. I used to blame myself for everything that went wrong. Knowing I have ASD made me realize most people are intolerant douchebags and my hatred for them has driven me to do better than them in as many things as possible. It actually improved my self-esteem. If they're willing to emphatize, I'd be willing to make an effort as well, but I rarely meet people who are willing to make an effort to understand me.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 2:56 am

SanityTheorist wrote:
Dillogic, how much do you know about aerospace engineering? There's a lot that goes into it requiring many different forms of intelligence.

Enough to know how it works. The only real hurdle is actually the manpower to build said rockets, which humans do quite well in I admit.

Nothing flash about filling a cylinder with fuel, having one end open, then igniting said fuel. Everything else are just the little details that increase efficiency and power. Gravitational dynamics come into play when you want to leave Earth, but that's nothing special either (wow, something with more mass has more "attraction"; which is far too ironic in so many ways).

I'll let you know when humanity impresses me with intelligence and selflessness. Doubt it'll happen, because I totally have unrealistic expectations, like all being nice to those who are different, lacking prejudice, caring about the ants we stand on, not controlling others when their behavior doesn't harm others, not hurting others for selfish reasons, and similar things.

UnseenSkye
Raven
Raven

15 Aug 2012, 5:56 am

Several months later, I'm inclined to agree that there's a great deal of misanthropy appearing on this site. Many people are compassionate, confused, searching. Once in awhile, I see something that smacks me right between the eyes: the attitude that seems to prevail about the NT portion of the population.

I have been hurt at various times by alleged NT people and people who were either Aspie or HFA. I don't harbor anger, because anger becomes a habit. I will get mad with someone, but do my best not to tar everyone with the same brush. Getting mad is something different than becoming an angry personality. When I get mad, it's something like a thunderstorm that passes quickly. Anger, however, has a nasty way of sticking around and contaminating relationships we might otherwise been open to having with others.. Getting angry with the world or some portion thereof does not make anything better for anyone. Building "Us versus Them" hostilities is the way of defeat. As an Aspie, I don't have a chip on my shoulder because I'm different. In fact, I've chosen to work in music and then technology, where most people never noticed a "difference." If anything, there were people who liked and trusted me very much and sought me out for advice when they were going through rough times or had to make huge decisions in their lives. They valued my input. I have very high empathy (via need for compensation fueled by obsession to understand) and cared that these people did what would likely make the happiest. I was also flattered, I will admit, that people who respected and trusted my judgment.

I'm not going to damn or blame anyone becuase

Like you, I've channeled a lot of my more intense and angry feelings into creativity. I play viola (have for a very long time), mess around with an electronic keyboard, sing, dance, draw and do a lot of writing. I've also dedicated a lot of my time and "obsessive tendencies" to teaching myself about computers. From this came proficiency and a good deal of success.

There are people I wish I'd never met who made my life miserable, but I've had to let go of the anger I felt because it was pointless and all-consuming. I could not live like that! I'd not been so defensive before. The sense of division that comes of an angry mindset really undermines the ability of the angry person to function. It is strange enough, the duality we're taught. None are truly separate from any part of the planet -- we learn to think we're separate and alone from other living beings (including our fellow humans). While it is important for us to learn to set reasonable boundaries and learn to assert ourselves without becoming aggressive, we're not alone in these needs! Do I want to go through life thinking "Poor Me. I have a form of Autism -- those "normal" people owe me because I am in some part of myself naive and can be taken advantage of. They're ALL bullies and we're so helpless.

Honestly, if I believed this about myself, what would be the purpose to go on living? There's entirely too much anger in the world as it is, too many divisions. A person who works to create and maintain healthy boundaries in themselves and respects the boundaries of others is someone we enjoy being around.

It may be that some people don't understand what it means to "channel anger into something creative or constructive." If people don't feel artistically inclined, maybe they can go hiking pr garden or build a rock wall

I just commented on another post where an NT sought help for an Aspie friend who'd gotten mixed up with drugs. The NT blamed himself for this Aspie friend smoking to excess and then moving fairly quickly on to harder psychoactive drugs and going through negative personality changes. Along comes an Aspie who points a finger of blame at this NT, saying It's All Your Fault...Aspies, of course, must all be easily led and passive personalities who cannot make decisions. At least, this was the message conveyed by the person placing all blame on the NT friend, who had the courage to write and was showing a great deal of concern for what had happened to his friend. This "kid" had parents whose reactions to his behavioral changes were to throw him out on the streets and leave to fend for himself, when he was clearly not capable of caring for himself.

I'm not here to judge. I come here seeking answers and more often find numerous comments where people are seeking advice and I attempt to express my honest feeling in a way that doesn't perpetuate anger toward any.one person or group. I wouldn't be surprised if the "different" considered me "more different".I believe this site is about bringing people together with a goal of improving communication rather than encouraging people to build cliques where there are varying levels of "outsiders",.with NT becoming the leper.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

15 Aug 2012, 5:57 am

[Moved from General Autism Discussion to Random Discussion]

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 8:33 am

Rascal77s wrote:
With the multi trillion dollar LIBOR manipulation, the multi trillion dollar war over non existent WMDs, the corporate officers that looted their companies and were punished with trillions in bailout dollars instead of going to prison, with....... You're worried that you're being paranoid about conspiracies? But I guess these things aren't conspiracies since they more or less happen in the open and the masses just accept them. If only the masses were more angry....

I completely agree with this. Big reason I don't follow the news and watch Daily Show and Colbert Report. Otherwise I get too pissed off from their BS talking points and illogic to pander to a stupid majority. I like what serj Tankian calls them: the unthinking majority.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 8:35 am

Dillogic wrote:
SanityTheorist wrote:
Dillogic, how much do you know about aerospace engineering? There's a lot that goes into it requiring many different forms of intelligence.

Enough to know how it works. The only real hurdle is actually the manpower to build said rockets, which humans do quite well in I admit.

Nothing flash about filling a cylinder with fuel, having one end open, then igniting said fuel. Everything else are just the little details that increase efficiency and power. Gravitational dynamics come into play when you want to leave Earth, but that's nothing special either (wow, something with more mass has more "attraction"; which is far too ironic in so many ways).

I'll let you know when humanity impresses me with intelligence and selflessness. Doubt it'll happen, because I totally have unrealistic expectations, like all being nice to those who are different, lacking prejudice, caring about the ants we stand on, not controlling others when their behavior doesn't harm others, not hurting others for selfish reasons, and similar things.

Fair enough. I share your frustrations with humanity's shortcomings, but I think hostility towards them back is usually not the answer unless it is intolerance...that being said, the march martin Luther King did was more effective than Malcolm X's idea of separation.

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 8:38 am

If this is about how people say they don't want to live, then i don't like that, while some people don't want to live, others do, myself included. Everyone should be thankful that they exist.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 8:40 am

UnseenSkye wrote:
Several months later, I'm inclined to agree that there's a great deal of misanthropy appearing on this site. Many people are compassionate, confused, searching. Once in awhile, I see something that smacks me right between the eyes: the attitude that seems to prevail about the NT portion of the population.

I have been hurt at various times by alleged NT people and people who were either Aspie or HFA. I don't harbor anger, because anger becomes a habit. I will get mad with someone, but do my best not to tar everyone with the same brush. Getting mad is something different than becoming an angry personality. When I get mad, it's something like a thunderstorm that passes quickly. Anger, however, has a nasty way of sticking around and contaminating relationships we might otherwise been open to having with others.. Getting angry with the world or some portion thereof does not make anything better for anyone. Building "Us versus Them" hostilities is the way of defeat. As an Aspie, I don't have a chip on my shoulder because I'm different. In fact, I've chosen to work in music and then technology, where most people never noticed a "difference." If anything, there were people who liked and trusted me very much and sought me out for advice when they were going through rough times or had to make huge decisions in their lives. They valued my input. I have very high empathy (via need for compensation fueled by obsession to understand) and cared that these people did what would likely make the happiest. I was also flattered, I will admit, that people who respected and trusted my judgment.

I'm not going to damn or blame anyone becuase

Like you, I've channeled a lot of my more intense and angry feelings into creativity. I play viola (have for a very long time), mess around with an electronic keyboard, sing, dance, draw and do a lot of writing. I've also dedicated a lot of my time and "obsessive tendencies" to teaching myself about computers. From this came proficiency and a good deal of success.

There are people I wish I'd never met who made my life miserable, but I've had to let go of the anger I felt because it was pointless and all-consuming. I could not live like that! I'd not been so defensive before. The sense of division that comes of an angry mindset really undermines the ability of the angry person to function. It is strange enough, the duality we're taught. None are truly separate from any part of the planet -- we learn to think we're separate and alone from other living beings (including our fellow humans). While it is important for us to learn to set reasonable boundaries and learn to assert ourselves without becoming aggressive, we're not alone in these needs! Do I want to go through life thinking "Poor Me. I have a form of Autism -- those "normal" people owe me because I am in some part of myself naive and can be taken advantage of. They're ALL bullies and we're so helpless.

Honestly, if I believed this about myself, what would be the purpose to go on living? There's entirely too much anger in the world as it is, too many divisions. A person who works to create and maintain healthy boundaries in themselves and respects the boundaries of others is someone we enjoy being around.

It may be that some people don't understand what it means to "channel anger into something creative or constructive." If people don't feel artistically inclined, maybe they can go hiking pr garden or build a rock wall

I just commented on another post where an NT sought help for an Aspie friend who'd gotten mixed up with drugs. The NT blamed himself for this Aspie friend smoking to excess and then moving fairly quickly on to harder psychoactive drugs and going through negative personality changes. Along comes an Aspie who points a finger of blame at this NT, saying It's All Your Fault...Aspies, of course, must all be easily led and passive personalities who cannot make decisions. At least, this was the message conveyed by the person placing all blame on the NT friend, who had the courage to write and was showing a great deal of concern for what had happened to his friend. This "kid" had parents whose reactions to his behavioral changes were to throw him out on the streets and leave to fend for himself, when he was clearly not capable of caring for himself.

I'm not here to judge. I come here seeking answers and more often find numerous comments where people are seeking advice and I attempt to express my honest feeling in a way that doesn't perpetuate anger toward any.one person or group. I wouldn't be surprised if the "different" considered me "more different".I believe this site is about bringing people together with a goal of improving communication rather than encouraging people to build cliques where there are varying levels of "outsiders",.with NT becoming the leper.

Thank you for this wonderful post. It explains some things well that I could not. People who play the victim role are always dissected by the heartless. For some reason people seem to treat those with autism better than asperger's it seems. That annoys me since the aspergians are more able to help but they just aren't given the chance because while the autistic is seen as cute and helpless by the motherly aspergians get none of that respect. The damn instincts humans have...

In regards to your art, I think art as a whole is not just therapeutic but a wonderful form of communication. Art is probably the only thing that can relieve any emotion or heighten it.

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2012, 8:43 am

EnglishJess wrote:
If this is about how people say they don't want to live, then i don't like that, while some people don't want to live, others do, myself included. Everyone should be thankful that they exist.

It is not. It is about my concern that the misanthropes on this website have contained anger to the point of complete distrust of man.